Benoquin Composition – Monobenzone (20% w/w)
Manufactured By – Mac Laboratories Ltd
Prescription – Prescription Required
Form – Cream
Price – Rs 325
Quantity – 20 gm in 1 tube
What is Benoquin?
Benoquin is a demelanizing agent, prescribed to permanently lighten skin in people with vitiligo.
Smart Buy & Save Money: MedLife Coupons | Pharmeasy Coupons
Uses of Benoquin
It is prescribed for:
- Depigmenting normal skin in people with vitiligo
How does Benoquin work?
Benoquin is a potent demelanizing agent which destroys melanocytes and may cause permanent depigmentation.
Benoquin Price in India
|Specifics||Benoquin Price in India|
|Benoquin Ointment||Rs. 325|
How to take Benoquin
Benoquin is a topical medicine which is applied on the affected area.
Know More: Cetaphil Lotion | Betnelan Composition | Bendex Composition
Common Dosage of Benoquin
20% ointment of Benoquin is applied 2–3 times daily.
When to avoid Benoquin & precautions to take?
- Avoid Benoquin if you are allergic to it or to other components present in it.
- Its use should be restricted to patients with widespread vitiligo. Erythema and eczema may result.
- Benoquin is not effective for the treatment of malignant melanoma or pigmentation resulting from pigments other than melanin.
- Benoquin in pediatric patients below the age of 12 years is not recommended.
Know About: Betnelan Precaution
Side Effects of Benoquin
- Severe skin irritation
- Intense itching
- Severe burning
- Redness or swelling of treated skin.
- Dryness or flaking of treated skin
- Mild skin irritation
Read About: Bendex Side Effects
Effect on organs
Dermatological reactions- Transient skin irritation and sensitization, including erythematous and eczematous reactions.
Reported allergic reactions
Symptoms of allergic reactions:
- Swelling (face/tongue/throat)
- Severe dizziness
- Trouble breathing
Drug interactions to be careful about
Drug interactions are not known. Tell your doctor if you are on any treatment other than Benoquin.
- Increases the amount of skin pigment molecules (melanin) eliminated from skin cells in the body.
- Full effect takes 4–6 months.
Storage requirements for Benoquin
- Keep it in an air-tight container.
- Keep it away from direct light or moisture.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
Pro tips when taking Benoquin
- Treated areas should be protected from sunlight by a sunscreen.
- Benoquin is not used for treating freckles, sun damage, melanoma, jaundice, or other pigmentation disorders not caused by vitiligo.
Is Benoquin addictive?
Can I have Benoquin with alcohol?
Ask your doctor.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Can I have Benoquin when pregnant?
Can I have Benoquin when feeding a baby?
Can I drive after taking Benoquin?
What happens if I overdose on Benoquin?
Overdose of Benoquin is not known. If experiencing any unusual effects, contact your doctor.
What happens if I eat expired Benoquin?
Expired drug may become ineffective in treating your prescribed conditions, thus to be on the safe side, it is important not to use expired drug.
What happens if I miss a dose of Benoquin?
If you miss a dose of Benoquin, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double dose for a missed one.