Table of Contents
- 1 What is Beplex Forte?
- 2 Uses of Beplex Forte
- 3 How Does Beplex Forte Work?
- 4 How to Take Beplex Forte?
- 5 Common Dosage for Beplex Forte
- 6 When to Avoid Beplex Forte?
- 7 Precautions While Taking Beplex Forte
- 8 Side-Effects of Beplex Forte
- 9 Drug Interactions With Beplex Forte to be Careful About
- 10 Beplex Forte Composition, Variant and Price – Buyer’s Guide
- 11 Substitutes of Beplex Forte
- 12 FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Beplex Forte
- 13 Authored By –
What is Beplex Forte?
Beplex forte is used mainly to prevent or treat conditions where there is an increased requirement of vitamins and minerals like in cases of anemia. Heartburn and liver complications are the major side effects at high repetitive doses of beplex forte. It should be avoided completely in case of liver impairment patients and peptic ulcer cases.
Beplex Forte Composition – Vitamin B9 (Folic acid) 1.5 MG, Vitamin B12 (Cyanocoblamin) 15 MCG, Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide) 75 MG, Calcium Pantothenate 50 MG, Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) 3 MG, Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) 150 MG, Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 10 MG, Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 10 MG, Vitamin B7 (Biotin) 260 MCG, Nicotinic acid 25 MG, Elemental magnesium 32.4 MG
Manufactured by – Anglo-French Drugs and Industries Ltd.
Prescription – Not Required (Available as OTC)
Form – Tablets, Syrup and Injections.
Price – Rs 29.22 for 20 Tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life – 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug – Multivitamin and Multi-Mineral
Uses of Beplex Forte
Beplex Forte serves a great purpose in the prevention and treatment of different conditions It is prescribed for the following:
- Ulcers and Sore Tongue: Used to treat oral ulcers and Sore tongue due to deficiency of vitamins.
- Hair problems: Used to treat hair fall and greying of hair by providing an adequate amount of nourishment to the hair follicles and also treat weak nails.
- Anaemia: Used to treat various types of Anemia like Pernicious anemia (deficiency of vitamin B12), Megaloblastic anemia (deficiency of folic acid) etc.
- Vitamin and Mineral deficiency: Used to treat conditions arising from vitamin and mineral deficiency like Scurvy (Vitamin C deficiency) and calcium deficiency and promotes wound healing by providing an adequate amount of calcium.
- Nerve disease: Used to treat nerve diseases like Neuralgia (pain due to nerve damage) and Parasthesia (altered taste sensation).
- Poor dietary intake: Used to treat poor dietary intake in cases of chronic alcoholics or elderly patients.
- Post-surgical cases: Used in patients with post-surgical recovery. Eg, in diabetic patients.
- Pregnancy: Used in cases of pregnancy to meet the increased nutritional demand of the body.
- Cholesterol problems: Used to treat high cholesterol levels.
- Others: Used in cases to treat Diarrhoea, muscle cramps and chronic gastrointestinal disorders.
Also read: Betadine Uses | Betahistine Uses
How Does Beplex Forte Work?
- Beplex forte works by providing the essential nutrients to the body in an appropriate amount.
- Vitamin B complex and Vitamin C deficiency can lead to various diseases like delayed wound healing and making the body more prone to infections.
- It works by providing the body with Vitamin C which acts an antioxidant, immune system booster that may help reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease and cancer, enables the body to make white blood cells to fight infections and is needed to synthesize and use certain amino acids and collagen that helps in wound healing
- Biotin of Beplex forte is a water-soluble vitamin that’s a part of the vitamin B family. It helps the body to convert certain nutrients into energy and also plays an important role in the health of hair, skin, and nails.
- Vitamin B12 helps to keep the nerve and blood cells healthy and helps DNA synthesis in all cells. It also helps to prevent megaloblastic anaemia that makes people tired and weak.
How to Take Beplex Forte?
- Beplex forte is available as tablets mainly
- Take the tablet orally with water with or without a meal, preferably with a meal as it helps in quick absorption.
- Do not chew or crush the tablets, instead swallow the tablets as a whole.
- Do not alter the dose as per your own convenience.
- It is recommended for a patient to go through the leaflet inside the package thoroughly to have a better understanding of the drug.
Common Dosage for Beplex Forte
- The dosage of the drug is to be decided by the doctor for every individual as per the age, weight, mental status, allergic history of the patient.
- Adult dose: One tablet daily or twice a day in some cases as advised by the physician depending on the severity of the condition
- Children: Not advised for children, Paediatric consultation is advised.
- Drug should be consumed at equal intervals, so that appropriate quantity of drug is present inside the body at all times.
Q. What happens if I overdose on Beplex Forte?
Beplex Forte should always be consumed as per the prescribed dose. Overdose can lead to some serious undesirable effects. The doctor or trained medical staff should be immediately consulted in case of overdose.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Beplex Forte?
Beplex Forte should always be taken as per the fixed time schedule and in case of the missed dose, always try to consume it as soon as you remember. But, avoid taking the missed dose if it’s already time to take the second dose as it may lead to drug toxicity or drug overdose.
Q. What happens if I eat expired Beplex Forte?
Expired Beplex Forte may not cause any undesirable effect but it is advisable to avoid consuming the expired drug as it may not be efficacious enough to provide the needed results and the doctor should be immediately consulted in case of any undesirable symptoms after consuming the expired drug.
Q. What is the onset time of Beplex Forte?
The patient may start to feel recovered within the first few days of the Beplex forte therapy. The dose and duration of the drug as advised by the doctor should be followed strictly for a complete cessation of all the symptoms
Q. Till When Does The Effect of Beplex Forte Stay?
The time taken by the drug to show its effect may vary with every individual.
Also read: Azithromycin Dosage | Becosule capsule Dosage | Banocide Forte Dosage
When to Avoid Beplex Forte?
Do not Consume Beplex Forte Tablets in the following scenarios
- Liver disorders: In known cases of moderate to severe Liver dysfunction or diseases, Beplex Forte should be avoided or used only when advised by the doctor.
- Allergy: In known cases of allergy to Beplex Forte or any of its ingredients.
- Lactating women: In cases of lactating or nursing mothers, Beplex Forte is avoided.
- Peptic Ulcer: In cases of patients with peptic ulcer, it should be avoided.
- Cardiac arrhythmias: In cases of patients with cardiac arrhythmias, it should be avoided.
Precautions While Taking Beplex Forte
- Prolonged use: Do not use it for a longer period of time unless advised by the doctor.
- Allergic Reaction: Allergic reaction, if it occurs after taking Beplex Forte should be immediately reported to the doctor or trained medical staff.
- Avoid Dose alteration: Drug alteration should be avoided unless stated by the doctor.
- Concomitant products: Do not mix it with other nutritional supplements.
Warnings When Taking Beplex Forte
- Beplex forte prescribed with antibiotics to counteract their side effects like oral ulcers, diarrhoea, etc.
- Do not alter the dose without medical advise.
Side-Effects of Beplex Forte
The side effects associated with Beplex Forte Tablets used for different treatments are:
- Headache – Common
- Nausea – Common
- Weakness – Common
- Dizziness – Common
- Cramps – less Common
- Heartburn – less Common
- Allergic reactions – less Common
- Blurred Vision – less Common
- Liver complications – less Common
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Beplex forte?
Possible allergic reactions reported for Beplex Forte are:
- Rashes – less common
- Swelling of eye, face, lips, mouth or tongue – less common
- Breathlessness – less common
What Are The Effects of Beplex Forte Tablets on Organs?
Beplex Forte should be used with caution in patients with liver or kidney disorders. Some beneficial effects of Beplex Forte on human body are:
- Helps in hair growth, wound healing, strengthen weak nails.
- Improves muscle strength and weakness.
- Improves the condition of gums in cases of scurvy.
Drug Interactions With Beplex Forte to be Careful About
All the possible drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advisable to be careful of certain drug to drug or drug to food interactions when consuming Beplex Forte. Always be aware of the food items, other drugs or lab tests while consuming Beplex Forte. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Beplex Forte
No particular food item to be avoided.
2. Medicines Interactions with Beplex Forte
All the potential drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advisable that the patient must inform the physician about of all the drugs/products you use. You must notify the doctor about the herbal products that you are currently consuming. You should never alter the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
The following drug interactions have their own effects and results, that can be further identified as mild or severe:
- Alcohol (mild): alcohol can lead to delayed absorption of vitamin B12
- Abacavir (mild)
- Arsenic trioxide (mild)
- Amiodarone (moderate)
- Anti-Diabetic Drug (mild)
3. Effects of Beplex Forte on Lab Tests
Beplex Forte doesn’t affect any laboratory test results. Do consult with the treating physician before going for any laboratory investigation.
4. Beplex Forte’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Any moderate to severe Liver and peptic ulcer.
Q. Can I have Beplex Forte with alcohol?
Alcohol consumption is not advisable with Beplex forte as it may lead to increased chances of side effects like drowsiness. Always consult the doctor before consuming alcohol with Beplex Forte.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
Q. Can I have Beplex Forte when pregnant?
Beplex Forte should only be administered when absolutely necessary during pregnancy and the benefits outweigh the risk. Always inform the doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
Q. Can I have Beplex Forte when feeding a baby?
Beplex forte can be used in case of lactating mothers as no adverse effects of its constituents on foetus is seen yet but it is advisable to inform your doctor before consuming the drug.
Q. Can I drive after taking Beplex Forte?
Yes, Beplex Forte does not affect the ability to drive but some patients might experience dizziness or drowsiness and it is advisable to avoid driving or operating heavy machinery in such cases.
Also read: Atarax Side Effect | Azithral Side Effect
Beplex Forte Composition, Variant and Price – Buyer’s Guide
|Beplex Forte Variants||Beplex Forte Composition||Beplex Forte Price (Rs.)|
|Beplex Forte Tablet||Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Nicotinic Acid, Niacinamide, Pyridoxine, Calcium Pantothenate, Folic acid, Vitamin B12 and Vitamin C.||Rs. 29.22 for 20 tablets|
|Beplex Forte Plus Elixir Syrup||Thiamine, Riboflavin, Nicotinic Acid, Niacinamide, Pyridoxine, D-Panthenol, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, and Lysine.||Rs. 61.14 for 120ml|
|Beplex Plus Injection||Cyanocobalamin (50mcg), D-Panthenol (6mg), Niacinamide (100mg), Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) (5mg), Vitamin B2 (4mg)||Rs. 45.34 for 11 ml|
Buy Here - Pharmeasy Coupon Codes
Substitutes of Beplex Forte
The following are alternative drugs for Beplex Forte:
- Becovit forte:
- Manufactured by – Indo Biochem Pharma Industries.
- Price – Rs. 15 for 15 capsules
- Manufactured by – Elder Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Price – Rs. 15 for 15 capsules
- Manufactured by – Pfizer Ltd.
- Price – Rs. 33 for 20 capsules
Storage Requirements for Beplex Forte Tablets
- The drug should be stored below 25°C and should be kept in a cool, dry place and away from direct heat and sunlight.
- Keep the drug in a place, where it is out of reach of children.
FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Beplex Forte
Q. What is Beplex Forte?
Ans. Beplex forte is Multivitamin (nutritional formulation) for enriching the body artificially with all the essential nutrients in an efficient way.
Q. What are the uses of Beplex Forte?
Ans. It is used in cases where there is an increased requirement of its constituent vitamins and minerals.
Q. What are the side effects of Beplex Forte?
Ans. The most common side effects of Beplex Forte are a headache, nausea, weakness, dizziness, cramps, heart burn, allergic reactions, blurred vision and liver complications.
Q. How effective is Beplex Forte?
Ans. Beplex Forte is effective due to its combination of multivitamin and minerals properties. However, there are other medicines which perform better when.
Q. How long does it take for Beplex Forte to show results?
Ans. Beplex Forte starts to show its effect within the first few days of starting the drug therapy.
Q. Should Beplex Forte be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. Beplex Forte should preferably be taken after meals and not on an empty stomach as it helps quick drug absorption and better results.
Q. Does Beplex Forte make you drowsy?
Ans. Beplex Forte may cause drowsiness in a few rare cases but it varies with every individual.
Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Beplex Forte doses?
Ans. Ideal time gap of at least 6 hours should be there between two doses to avoid Beplex Forte toxicity or overdose.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Beplex Forte should be consumed as prescribed by the doctor and in case of any severity of symptoms, immediate medical help or consultation should be taken.
Q. Does Beplex Forte effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. No, it generally doesn’t affect the menstrual cycle but one should always consult the doctor in case of pre existing menstrual problems before consuming the drug
Q. Is Beplex Forte safe for children?
Ans. Beplex Forte is not advisable to be administered in children. Proper consultation and recommendation by the Paediatrician is necessary.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Beplex Forte?
Ans. Any liver disorder, peptic ulcer or cardiac arrhythmias are to be taken into consideration before taking Beplex Forte.
Q. Is Beplex Forte legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
Similar Reads –
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.