Table of Contents
Biryani is special, it’s an unending romance that satisfies your soul. An exotic mix of spices and aromas that fill your heart with delight and taste. While there are numerous versions of this dish available at various locations, here are a few places in Chennai which have aced this dish.
We give you our list of the places to get the best biryani in Chennai.
1. Ambur Star Biryani
- Cost for two – Rs. 450
- Our Picks – Mutton Biryani, Brinjal Gravy
- Location – 116/1, Arcot Road, Near Saravana Bhavan, Vadapalani and 5 other outlets
The Ambur Biryani recipe is a little spicier than its twin from Lucknow and is usually accompanied with Kathirikai Pachadi – a spicy side kick made with brinjal. This place ranks high on the list of every Biryani lover because of its delicious inclusion of mint leaves and curd in the cooking formula.
2. Ya Mohideen
- Cost for two – Rs. 400
- Our Picks – Mutton Biryani, Mohideen Biryani
- Location – 4/158, Church Road, Opposite Uzhavar Santhai & Tea Stall, Pallavaram and 1 other outlet
Appealing and original, this one is a dainty old shop with long queues of people trying to get their hands on some delicious Biryani. The mutton is succulent and the flavors are bound to linger on. This place is the best if you’re planning a party as they do large buckets.
3. Charminar Biryani Center
- Cost for two – Rs. 300
- Our Picks – Hyderabadi Biryani, Mutton Biryani, Tomato Rice
- Location – 91, Dr. Besant Road, Near Meesapet Market, Royapettah
With an experience of 30 years, Charminar Biryani is in a league of its own. Locals swear by this place as it is budget friendly and serves delicious Biryani.
4. Behrouz Biryani
- Cost for two – Rs. 650
- Our Picks – Gosht Dum Biryani, Mirch Ka Saalan
- Location –Thuraipakkam and 16 other locations
Kings may have gone, but royalty is still alive in the form of Behrouz Biryani. Behrouz gives a special treat to all their fans with a burst of incredible flavors that take you back in time. Order online and avail Behrouz Biryani Offers or visit one of their outlets to experience a taste of royalty.
- Cost for two – Rs. 800
- Our Picks – Jamali Chicken, Chicken Biryani
- Location – 25, GN Chetty Road, T. Nagar and several other outlets
The iconic Chicken 65 was invented right here and the restaurant’s extended hours makes it a hot spot for late night revelers. Home to some fabulous cooks, this place has always kept its standards high and originality intact.
- Cost for two – Rs. 900
- Our Picks – Biryani, Falafel, Haleem
- Location – 35, Woods Road, Royapettah and 4 other outlets
The ambience, service and an exhaustive menu are the highlights of Zaitoon. It isn’t a Biryani only eatery but has mastered the art of bringing this dish to life. Packed with flavor, their Biryani is low on spice and is one of the best-selling dishes on the menu.
7. Aasife Biryani
- Cost for two – Rs. 800
- Our Picks – Chicken Mughal Biryani, Shawarma, Mutton Gravy
- Location – 208, Anna Salai, Thousand Lights and 21 other outlets
Expanded from a single shop to 25 modern outlets, Aasife provides a sumptuous fine dining experience. They serve more than a ton of Biryani daily with thousands of customers visiting the place. Careful selection of ingredients makes their Biryani the best in Chennai. Another reason for its growing popularity is their delivery service. You can avail some fantastic Swiggy Promo Codes to order in.
8. Dindigul Thalappakatti
- Cost for two – Rs. 1,100
- Our Picks – Mutton Biryani, Mutton Chops, Hyderabadi Biryani
- Location – 38/1, 100 Feet Bypass Road, Velachery and various other outlets
The restaurant started in Dindigul and is a torchbearer for this style of Biryani. It got its name from the founder’s fondness for wearing a turban (Thalappakatti). From humble beginnings to a large chain, this place has gotten better with time. Local lamb, small grain rice and some palatable spices give Dindigul Biryani its unique flavor.
9. Ente Keralam
- Cost for two – Rs. 750
- Our Picks – Chicken Biryani, Appam, Mutton Stew
- Location – 1, Poes Garden, Kasturi Estate, 1st Street, Alwarpet and 2 other outlets
This is probably one of the best places in Chennai that serves Thalassery style biryani from Northern Kerala. This exclusive recipe uses small grain Khaima rice, meat and spices. The rice is fried first and the meat is cooked separately. They are then, mixed together and cooked in dum style.
- Cost for two – Rs. 800
- Our Picks – Kathi Roll, Aloo Posto, Egg Roll, Daab Chingri, Lucknowi Biryani
- Location – 14, 6th Street, Gopalapuram and 2 other outlets
Rich and distinctive Bengali style food establishes itself with Bayleaf in Chennai. Ruling for over two decades, Bayleaf brings some exclusive tastes of Kolkata with dishes like Kathi Rolls. Their long grain Biryani with a dash of saffron is a huge hit among locals and tourists alike. If you want some Biryani without stepping out, try ordering in and get some amazing Zomato offers.
Want Biryani Delivered In Chennai? Try these options too:
- Biryani Blues serves impeccable Nizami flavors on your plate! Now you can save your time and money by using Biryani Blues Coupons.
- Stay hungry no more, stay foolish no more. Use Faasos Coupons to order online.
Other Places Where You Can Get Biryani:
- Best Places To Get Biryani In Hyderabad
- Best Places To Get Biryani In Mumbai
- Best Places To Get Biryani In Kolkata
- Best Places To Get Biryani In Pune