Castor Oil is a thick, pale yellow vegetable oil. It is rich in vitamin E, minerals, omega 6 and 9 fatty acids, and ricinoleic acid that have proven to have immense benefits on hair and skin. If you have been looking for one simple and perfect ingredient that could work wonders for your hair, Castor Oil is where your search ends.
Know More: Benefits of Castor Oil
Plain Castor Oil For Skin
- Use it as a cleanser. It clears your skin and gets rid of pimples without clogging your pores.
Learn About: Benefits Of Castor Oil For Acne
- Apply castor oil on irritated or itchy skin or bee stings. It provides relief and reduces inflammation
- Castor Oil reduces sunburns, redness and swelling
- Mix it with a lip balm or use plain castor oil on lips to prevent chapped lips
Castor Oil For Hair
- Take some castor oil and massage it on your hair. Since castor oil has a thick density, use it in smaller amounts and leave it on for 20 minutes or over night then wash it off with shampoo
- Castor Oil can also be used for thicker eyebrows and longer lashes.
Want to make your hair longer and stronger? If yes, check out the list of best onion oils now.
More Hair Growth Castor Oil Formulas
- Use 1 tbsp castor oil with 2 tbsp each of coconut oil, sweet almond oil and sesame oil
- You can also use castor oil with Olive Oil, Mustard Oil or Vitamin E capsules
- Few drops of Rosemary or other essential oils like Lavender, Lemon or Tea Tree can be added and applied to hair
Here are the benefits of castor oil for hair
Castor Oil Hair Masks
- Apply 2 tbsp each of castor oil and onion juice and leave it on for 2 hours. Both the ingredients support keratin in our hair shafts and maintain hair elasticity. Was off with lukewarm water and repeat twice a week
- Apply 2 tbsp each of honey, castor oil and aloe vera gel. Nutrients in this mixture revitalize hair and helps treat an itchy scalp
- Another way to use it is by using ½ a cup of castor oil long with curry leaves. Boil the leaves in castor oil until they turn black, strain the oil and apply it. Wash off with a mild shampoo the next morning
- Similar concoctions can be made by mixing castor oil with garlic or ginger juice
Tips to Enhance Benefits of Castor Oil
- Avoid an immediate use of hair styling products
- Avoid using chemical based shampoos
- Include a healthy diet
- Apply castor oil to damp hair so that it spreads well
- Cover your hair with a warm moist towel after oiling
- Avoid using a dryer to dry hair
Popular Brands for Castor Oil
- Soul Flower
- G Drops
- Nature’s Absolutes
- La Flora
- Saffola Edible Oil
- Deve Herbes
- Tropic Isle Jamaican Black castor Oil
- Molivera Organic Castor Oil
Popular Sites to Buy Castor Oil
Pro Tip: Buy via CashKaro to get amazing cashbacks and discounts!