Table of Contents
- 1 Top 10 Whey Proteins – 2021
- 1.1 1. Optimum Nutrition (ON) Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein
- 1.2 2. Dymatize Nutrition Elite 100% Whey Protein
- 1.3 3. MyProtein Impact Whey Protein
- 1.4 4. BSN Syntha 6 Whey Protein
- 1.5 5. Isopure Whey Protein Isolate By Nature’s Best
- 1.6 6. MuscleBlaze Whey Gold 100% Whey Protein Isolate
- 1.7 Benefits of MuscleBlaze Whey Gold 100% Whey Protein Isolate
- 1.8 7. Pro Performance 100% Whey Isolate By GNC
- 1.9 8. Muscletech Premium 100% Whey Protein Plus
- 1.10 9. Ultimate Nutrition Prostar 100% Whey Protein
- 1.11 10. ISO Pro By Six Pack Nutrition
- 2 When To Take Whey Protein?
- 3 11 Important Questions About Whey Protein Answered
Whey protein is probably the most popular nutrition supplement. It has proven benefits in gaining muscle and cutting down fat.
So, what is whey protein? Well, whey protein is one of two kinds of proteins found in milk, the other being casein. When milk is turned into cheese, it leaves whey concentrate as a byproduct. Fat, lactose and carbs are removed from whey concentrate to make whey isolate. Given the low fat, calorie and carb content, whey protein isolate powder is best for those looking to cut down fat, lose weight and gain lean muscle.
Thinking how to make whey protein at home? Here is what you should know, an adult needs an average of 0.8-1 grams of protein per kilogram of their weight. However, those working out daily should consume about 1.2-1.6 grams of protein per kilogram of their weight. You can make a smoothie or milkshake with the amount of whey protein powder recommended to you. Note that you must not overconsume whey protein powder as it may cause indigestion or gastric issues.
If you are on a lookout to find best whey protein for beginners or any types of fitness enthusiasts, then here is a list below about the best whey protein powders in India and the world.
Top 10 Whey Proteins – 2021
Choosing the best whey protein brand sometimes becomes a hassle. Therefore, we are here with a list of 10 best whey proteins for muscle building and other related health benefits. Go check it out:
1. Optimum Nutrition (ON) Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein
Optimum Nutrition is the world’s largest producer of sports and nutrition products. The ON Gold standard 100% whey protein is one of the purest forms of whey that currently exists in the market. It must be taken on an empty stomach in the morning. Alternatively, it can be taken before or after exercising. This is one of the best whey protein brands in India.
Benefits of Optimum Nutrition (ON) Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein
- Contains 4 grams of Glutamine & Glutamic acid in each serving
- Ultra-filtered whey protein isolate
- Contains more than 5 grams of naturally occurring amino acids
- 24 grams of protein in each serving
- Helps in boosting energy for high-explosive workouts
- Easily gets mixed with water and milk
Disadvantages of Optimum Nutrition (ON) Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein
- High cholesterol
- Must not be consumed by lactose intolerant
- Excess protein
Optimum Nutrition (ON) Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Price in India (2 lbs) – Rs. 2885/-
2. Dymatize Nutrition Elite 100% Whey Protein
Dymatize Nutrition Elite 100% Whey Protein is the best all-purpose protein supplement for every athlete. It has a delicious flavour. It can be consumed anytime in the day after or before workouts. This protein supplement is claimed to provide high quality, pure, intact proteins in every serving. It is the best whey protein for building muscle.
Benefits of Dymatize Nutrition Elite 100% Whey Protein
- 25 grams of Whey protein in every serving
- 5 grams of Branched Chain Amino acids
- 7 grams of L-Leucine
- Activates muscle protein synthesis
Disadvantages of Dymatize Nutrition Elite 100% Whey Protein’
- Lack of taste
- Contains milk and soy
- High in cholesterol
- Does not contain fibre and additional vitamins