Skip to Content
- 1. Anti-Inflammatory
- 2. Anti-Microbial
- 3. Antioxidants
- 4. Analgesic
- 5. Anti-Ageing
- 1. Prevents Hair Loss
- 2. Fights Dandruff
- 3. Treats Baldness and Premature Hair Greying
- 4. Treats Skin Problems
- 5. Promotes Softer Complexion
- 6. Fights Skin Problems
- 7. Reduces Pain and Inflammation
- 8. Treats Liver and Kidney Disorders
- 9. Treats Digestive Disorders
- 10. Treats Urine Infections
- 11. Treats Eye Problems
- 12. Promotes Heart Health
- Ayurvedic Treatment For Hair Growth
- Ayurvedic Treatment For Hair Infections
- Ayurvedic Treatment For Skin Problems
- Ayurvedic Treatment For Live And Kidney Disorders
- 1. How can Bhringraj powder be consumed?
- 2. How Do I use Bhringraj powder For hair growth?
- 3. How much time does Bhringraj powder take to grow hair if consumed daily?
- 4. What are some trustworthy brands of Bhringraj powder for hair?
- 5. What is Bhringraj powder made of?
- 6. What are Bhringraj powder’s storage requirements?
- 7. How long do I need to use Bhringraj Powder till I see improvement in my condition?
- 8. How many times a day do I need to use Bhringraj powder?
- 9. Does Bhringraj powder have any effect on breastfeeding?
- 10. Is Bhringraj powder safe for kids?
- 11. Does Bhringraj Powder have any effect on pregnancy?
- 12. Does Bhringraj really stop hair fall?
- 13. What is the use of Bhringraj powder on hair?
- 14. Can Bhringraj powder be eaten?
- 15. Can Bhringraj Powder be consumed before or after meals?
- 16. Can Bhringraj Powder be taken on an empty stomach?
- 17. Can Bhringraj Powder be consumed with water?
- 18. Can Bhringraj Powder be consumed before driving?
- 19. Can Bhringraj Powder be consumed with alcohol?
- 20. Can Bhringraj Powder be addictive?
- 21. Can Bhringraj Powder make you drowsy?
- 22. Can you overdose on Bhringraj Powder?
What is Bhringraj Powder?
Bhringraj powder is derived from Eclipta Prostrata – a herb that has wide use in Ayurvedic medicine. This wonder herb is a remedy for treating a lot of diseases and ailments. Right from treating severe hair problems to improving heart health, this herb is used extensively in the Ayurveda tradition.
Bhringraj powder is considered as a ‘Rasayana’ or rejuvenator. In India, people have been using this herbal powder for ages. Known mostly for its incredible effect on the hair health, Bhringraj powder is also used as a skin tonic. Apart from this, the powder is also appetizing, carminative, digestive, stimulant, detoxifying, and neuroprotective.
Check out Hindi translation of this article - Bhringraj Powder in Hindi
Medicinal Properties of Bhringraj Powder
Bhringraj is a wondrous Ayurvedic herb that acts as an anti-inflammatory agent. It helps to reduce inflammation, pain, and fever effectively.
Bhringraj Powder possesses anti-microbial properties. These properties help in killing harmful microorganisms from your body, along with fighting the harmful diseases by keeping you healthy.
The antioxidants present in Bhringraj powder can help in fighting harmful free radicals in your body. These antioxidants help in keeping diseases at bay.
Bhringraj powder is a great analgesic which helps in relieving pain. It affects the central nervous system which gives you relief from pain.
Regular consumption of Bhringraj powder can help in fighting ageing effects. It helps to treat baldness and reduce premature greying of hair.
Therapeutic Indications of Bhringraj Powder
- Hair Fall/Thinning
- Premature graying of hair
- Itchy scalp
- Skin Ulcers
- Abdominal Pain
- Loss of Appetite
Dosage of Bhringraj Powder
- Bhringraj powder is a powerful Ayurvedic medication that has various benefits. However, it must be taken in the right quantities to get the best results.
- Bhringraj powder can be consumed twice or thrice in a day.
- Consume it before meals along with with lukewarm water, Cow’s ghee, Honey in respiratory diseases.
- For chronic fever, you can consume it along with milk.
- For liver diseases or jaundice, it is advised to consume Bhringraj powder with mishri or sugar.
- Consume it along with old jaggery (Gur) and haritaki to treat heartburn or hyperacidity.
The generic dosage of Bhringraj powder is given below:
|Adults||1 to 3 grams|
|Maximum Dosage in a Day – 9 grams per day in divided doses|
Benefits of Bhringraj Powder
1. Prevents Hair Loss
Bhringraj Powder is known for its effective action on hair and scalp. This herbal formulation nourishes the hair and prevents hair fall. It also stimulates the scalp cells to promote hair growth.
2. Fights Dandruff
Bhringraj’s medicinal composition helps fight infections like dandruff and lice. Owing to its anti-microbial properties, Bhringraj is said to hinder in the growth of microbes and other organisms in the hair and on the scalp.
3. Treats Baldness and Premature Hair Greying
Bhringraj nourishes the hair by supplying vitamins and antioxidants to the hair. It prevents thinning of hair as well as dryness. The herb also restores the natural colour of hair. The application of Bhringraj powder mixed in yogurt prevents baldness.
4. Treats Skin Problems
Bhringraj’s healing properties can treat many skin disorders. It removes skin impurities by purifying the blood. It also heals wounds quickly. Possessing anti-inflammatory properties, this herbal composition can treat skin problems right from the roots.
5. Promotes Softer Complexion
Bhringraj enhances the look and feel of the skin thereby making it look young and radiant. This herbal remedy also possesses complexion-enhancing properties. Due to this, Bhringraj is used in many cosmetics and skin care products available in the market.
6. Fights Skin Problems
Bhringraj contains luteolin, a flavonoid that penetrates the deepest layers of the skin and reduces inflammation. This, in turn, speeds up the healing process and cures many skin disorders.
7. Reduces Pain and Inflammation
Bhringraj is an analgesic and an anti-inflammatory agent that reduces pain and fever. Migraines and headaches can also be treated using this Ayurvedic remedy. An effective Ayurvedic ingredient, Bhringraj can soothe any kind of inflammation on the skin and scalp. This herb can also be useful in maintaining the overall health of the body.
8. Treats Liver and Kidney Disorders
Bhringraj powder detoxifies the kidneys and liver. It is useful in treating liver disorders like hepatitis, cirrhosis, jaundice and many such conditions. Combine Bhringraj powder with some pepper powder and sugar to detoxify the liver.
9. Treats Digestive Disorders
Digestive disorders can occur due to numerous reasons. One of the most common symptoms of Diarrhea, digestive disorders can be cured using Bhringraj easily. The anti-inflammatory properties of this herb can help treat digestive disorders and internal inflammation. Bhringraj restores natural digestive balance by treating conditions like constipation and abdominal pain.
10. Treats Urine Infections
The anti-bacterial and antiseptic properties of Bhringraj eliminate harmful bacteria from the urinary bladder and restore its normal function. A mild diuretic, Bhringraj can effectively reduce discomfort and normalize the functioning of the bladder.
11. Treats Eye Problems
The high carotene content treats night blindness and other eye problems and promotes healthy eyesight. The leaves of Bhringraj are high on Carotene which is crucial for the health of the eyes. An antioxidant, Carotene can easily eliminate the free radicals that can cause loss of vision or Macular Degeneration and the formation of cataract.
12. Promotes Heart Health
Bhringraj powder normalises the cholesterol levels therein safeguarding the functionality of the heart. This herbal formulation can help improve the blood flow to the heart and regulate the blood pressure.
Bhringraj Powder as an Ayurvedic Medicine
Ayurvedic Treatment For Hair Growth
Hair Loss is one of the major problems faced by many these days. The natural hair growth is mostly affected by the environment that we live in. This makes preventing hair loss an important task for us. Bhringraj being a proactive ingredient that is proven to look after hair health, can be of great use. Using Bhringraj in the form of an applicator can help treat the hair fall problem and enhance hair growth.
Ayurvedic Treatment For Hair Infections
Hair infections are common problems that most of us face. The hustled lifestyle and the degrading environment are responsible for this. Caring for your hair is very crucial during this time. Using Bhringraj can also help in treating the dandruff problem naturally. Bhringraj powder is a natural hair conditioner that possesses anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties. This herb also helps in the treatment of lice and other micro-organisms that can dwell up on the scalp.
Ayurvedic Treatment For Skin Problems
Skin problems can occur due to numerous reasons. The most important one being ignoring of the skin care regime. Using Bhringraj powder on the skin can help treat acne and lighten the skin tone. A natural remedy for pimples and zits, Bhringraj powder can also treat skin inflammations, if applied regularly.
How To Use Bhringraj Powder As An Ayurvedic Medicine for Scalp, Hair and Skin?
You can make a simple hair mask or pack using Bhringraj powder:
- Mix equal proportions of Bringraj powder, Fenugreek powder and Amla powder in a cup
- Add yogurt to the mixture to make a thick paste
- Apply this paste to the scalp and rinse it after 15 minutes.
Ayurvedic Treatment For Live And Kidney Disorders
Kidney disorders can occur due to many natural and uncommon reasons. The health of every organ is important to keep our body healthy and working. Bhringraj powder can help maintain our overall body health. This powder not just enhances cardiac health, but also looks after other organs like liver and kidneys. This powder can help cleanse and rejuvenate all these organs and can improve the blood circulation in all of these.
How To Use Bhringraj Powder As An Ayurvedic Medicine for Kidney Health?
Consuming Bhringraj Powder along with Mishri is recommended for those who suffer from Liver and Kidney Disorders.
Side Effects of Bhringraj Powder
There are no reported side effects of consuming Bhringraj powder if consumed in the prescribed dosage. However, pregnant and lactating mothers should consult an Ayurvedic practitioner or herbalist before including this herbal composition in their diet.
Must Read: Brahmi Effects
Buyer’s Guide: Price and Where to Buy
|Product||Price||Brands||Stores/Where to Buy|
|KHADI Omorose Organic Bhringraj Powder||Rs.170||Khadi Omrose||Amazon India offers|
HealthVit Natural Bhringraj (Eclipta Alba) Powder
|Rs.126||HealthVit||1mg Coupon Codes|
Find more at: Snapdeal offers
You can also buy:
Khadi Bhringraj Powder (100 g)
Indus Valley Bio Organic 100% Natural Bhringraj Powder(100 g)
Price: Rs.185Buy Now
Bhringraj Powder is known for its incredible effects on hair health. This herbal powder can help a lot in maintaining the hair health, shine, and luster. Apart from this, it can also be useful in maintaining the skin and overall health of our body.
22 Important Questions About Bhringraj Powder Answered
1. How can Bhringraj powder be consumed?
You can consume Bhringraj powder with water. Also, you can substitute Bhringraj powder with Bhringraj fresh leaves. Steam these leaves and consume the water of these leaves or chew them to reap the many benefits of Bringraj.
2. How Do I use Bhringraj powder For hair growth?
Bhringraj powder can be consumed after meals. Take about half to one teaspoonful of Bringraj powder with water. You can consume it twice a day to enhance hair growth.
3. How much time does Bhringraj powder take to grow hair if consumed daily?
Visible results can be seen within a month if Bhringraj powder is consumed twice a day. Also, you can add aloe vera, tulsi, and neem for quick results.
4. What are some trustworthy brands of Bhringraj powder for hair?
Khadi, MgH Herbals and Naturz Ayurveda are some trustworthy brands of Bhringraj powder for hair.
5. What is Bhringraj powder made of?
Bhringraj powder is made of Bhringraj plant’s stem, roots, leaves and flowers.
6. What are Bhringraj powder’s storage requirements?
It is recommended to store Bhringraj powder in an airtight container. It must be stored in a cool and dry place, away from direct sunlight.
7. How long do I need to use Bhringraj Powder till I see improvement in my condition?
You must consult an Ayurveda expert to know how much time would be taken to see any improvements in your specified condition.
8. How many times a day do I need to use Bhringraj powder?
Bhringraj powder can be consumed 2 to 3 times a day before meals with the right adjuvant.
9. Does Bhringraj powder have any effect on breastfeeding?
A breastfeeding woman must consult a doctor before consuming Bhringraj powder.
10. Is Bhringraj powder safe for kids?
Bhringraj powder is safe for kids but you must consult a doctor before consumption of Bhringraj powder by kids.
11. Does Bhringraj Powder have any effect on pregnancy?
Bhringraj powder must be consumed by pregnant women under medical supervision.
12. Does Bhringraj really stop hair fall?
Yes, Bhringraj oil has the ability to stop hair fall if applied regularly.
13. What is the use of Bhringraj powder on hair?
Bhringraj powder has various benefits for hair. It helps to nourish hair and promotes hair growth. A regular application helps to prevent hair loss, fights dandruff, baldness and premature greying of hair.
14. Can Bhringraj powder be eaten?
Bhringraj powder can be consumed with water.
15. Can Bhringraj Powder be consumed before or after meals?
Bhringraj Powder can be consumed on an empty stomach in the morning.
16. Can Bhringraj Powder be taken on an empty stomach?
Yes, Bhringraj Powder can be taken on an empty stomach.
17. Can Bhringraj Powder be consumed with water?
Yes, Bhringraj Powder can be consumed with lukewarm water.
18. Can Bhringraj Powder be consumed before driving?
Yes, Bhringraj Powder can be consumed before driving.
19. Can Bhringraj Powder be consumed with alcohol?
Bhringraj Powder must not be consumed with alcohol as it may react with it. Hence you should check with a health expert before consuming Bhringraj powder with alcohol.
20. Can Bhringraj Powder be addictive?
Bhringraj Powder is not addictive. However, you can contact a healthcare practitioner for more information.
21. Can Bhringraj Powder make you drowsy?
Bhringraj Powder does not contain sedating ingredients and will not make you drowsy upon consumption.
22. Can you overdose on Bhringraj Powder?
You must not overdose on Bhringraj powder.
You can purchase here:
Disclaimer: Always consult a professional Ayurvedic practitioner before starting the consumption.