Table of Contents
- What is Bifilac?
- Best Offers on Capsule
- Uses of Bifilac
- How does Bifilac work?
- How to take Bifilac?
- Bifilac Common Dosage
- When to Avoid Bifilac?
- Precautions While Taking Bifilac:
- Side-Effects of Bifilac:
- Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- Buyer’s Guide – Bifilac Composition, Variant and Price
- Substitutes of Bifilac
- FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Bifilac
1What is Bifilac?
Bifilac is mainly used to prevent or treat conditions like diarrhea and other gastrointestinal disorders. Skin rash, stomach painare the common side effect at high repetitive doses. It should be totally avoided in case of liver dysfunction and allergic cases.
Bifilac Composition: Lactobacillus Sporegens 50 million spores + Bacillus Mesentericus 1 million spores+ Clostridium butyrcum 2 million spores + Streptococcus Faecalis 30 million spores
Manufactured By: Tablets India Ltd
Prescription: Not required as it is available as OTC
Form: Capsule, Sachet and Syrup.
Price: Rs. 99.50 for 10 capsules.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Probiotic
2Best Offers on Capsule
Save on your medical expenses by ordering your medicines online. Check out the below given Medlife offers to avail discount on medicines.
|Best Offers on Bifilac|
|75% Off (Flat 25% Off + 50% PayPal Cash)||Get Offer|
|Upto 50% PayPal Cash||Get Offer|
|Upto Rs 500 Paytm Cash||Get Offer|
|Upto Rs 250 Amazon Pay Balance||Get Offer|
|100% Mobikwik SuperCash||Get Offer|
3Uses of Bifilac
Bifilac is used to prevent or treat the following conditions:
- Diarrhoea: Used to treat diarrhoea including Traveller’s diarrhoea and diarrhoea caused due to antibiotics.
- Indigestion: Used to prevent or treat digestion problems.
- Immunity building: Used as an immunity booster in cases of low immunity.
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS): Used to treat conditions like Irritable bowel syndrome.
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD): Used to treat inflammatory bowel disease.
- GI Disorders: Used to treat gastrointestinal disorders like gastroenteritis, colitis
- Intolerance: Used in cases of lactose intolerance.
- Others: Used to treat other conditions like amoebic dysentery and vaginal infections.
Also read: Azithral 500 Uses | Betamethasone Uses | Betnovate C Uses
4How does Bifilac work?
- Bifilac Contains Lactobacillus Sporegens, Bacillus Mesentericus, Clostridium butyrcum and Streptococcus Faecalis as its main active ingredient.
- Bifilac is a combination of good bacterias and yeast, which is introduced in the intestine intentionally to balance the microbial flora (internal environment) of the intestine.
- Use of Antibiotics and other conditions can cause a disbalance between the good and bad bacterias and can lead to pathologies (diseases)
- Introduction of good bacteria inside the body leads to a competition between good and bad bacterias for nutrients.
- Eventually, the bad bacterias die because of loss of nutrients.
5How to take Bifilac?
- Bifilac is usually available in the form of capsules, syrups, lozenges and sachets.
- Bifilac capsule is taken via mouth with a glass of water preferably with or after food as it prevents any potential gastric irritation caused by the drug when taken empty stomach.
- Bifilac Tablet should never be chewed or crushed. It should be swallowed as a whole.
- Bifilac Tablet should be taken with equal time interval between two doses if consumed more than once a day.
- When consuming Bifilac syrup, always shake the bottle well before consuming the drug.
- It is advisable to go through the pack insert properly before consuming the drug to have a better understanding of the drug.
6Bifilac Common Dosage
- The dosage of the drug is to be decided by the doctor for every individual as per the age, weight, mental status, allergic history of the patient.
- The common Adult dose of Bifilac capsule is once or twice a day with an interval of at least 4-6 hours between two doses.
- The dose can be altered by the doctor depending on the condition or response by the patient.
- Paediatrician should be consulted when administering paediatric dose.
- Dose alteration should be avoided without proper medical consultation.
Q. What happens if I overdose on Bifilac?
Overdose of Bifilac can cause undesirable effects like stomach irritation, nausea, and vomiting and can also lead to complications in a few cases.
Therefore, strictly adhere to the prescribed dose and seek medical help immediately in case of any symptoms of overdose.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Bifilac?
Dose prescribed by the doctor should never be missed and if missed, it should be consumed always as soon as you remember it. But, avoid taking a double dose if it’s already time for the second dose after that as it may lead to an overdose of the drug
Q. What happens if I eat expired Bifilac?
Expired Bifilac might not exhibit effects or any undesirable effects. However, one should abstain from consuming the expired drug.
Q. Onset time of Bifilac and till when does the effect of Bifilac stays?
- The effect of Bifilac can be seen within the first few weeks of starting the Bifilac therapy.
- Although, the time taken by the drug to show its effect may vary with every individual patient.
7When to Avoid Bifilac?
Do not Consume Bifilac if:
- Allergy: In cases of known allergy to Bifilac or any other NSAIDs or any of its constituents.
- Kidney impairment: In cases of patients with kidney impairment.
- Intolerance: In cases of drug intolerance, Bifilac should be avoided.
- Liver: In cases of patients with liver disease or impairment.
8Precautions While Taking Bifilac:
- Pregnancy: Bifilac should be used only if necessary and with caution in cases ofpregnancy.
- Liver/ Kidney Impairment: Dose alteration may be required by the physician in patients with kidney, heart or liver impairments.
- Nursing mother: It should be used with caution in such cases.
Warnings When Taking Bifilac
- Avoid Concomitant use of Immunosuppressants with Bifilac.
- Always consume the tablet with or after meals to prevent any gastric irritation.
9Side-Effects of Bifilac:
The side effects associated with Bifilac are:
- Acute toxicity (less common)
- Nausea (common)
- Rashes (common)
- Bloating (common)
- Abdominal pain (less common)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Bifilac?
- Bifilac is known to cause allergic reaction with symptoms like rashes, breathing difficulty, swelling of face, lip and throat
- Allergy has been reported with Thiamine and Folic Acid.
- In case of any such signs, immediate medical help should be taken.
What are the effects of Bifilac on organs?
Bifilac should used with caution in patients with liver or kidney impairment.
10Drug Interactions to be Careful About
It is always advisable to be careful of certain drug to drug or drug to food interactions when consuming Bifilac. Always be aware of the food items, other drugs or lab tests while consuming Bifilac. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Bifilac
No particular food item to be avoided.
2. Medicines Interactions with Bifilac
All the potential drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advisable that the patient must inform the physician about of all the drugs/products you use. You must notify the doctor about the herbal products that you are currently consuming. You should never alter the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
The common drug interactions have been noticed with the following drugs:
- Alcohol (mild)
- Antibiotics (mild)
- Cyclosporins (mild)
- Azathioprine (mild)
3. Effects of Bifilac on Lab Tests
Bifilac does not affect any lab tests as such.
4. Bifilac’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Any Liver or kidney diseas
Q. Can I have Bifilac with alcohol?
No, alcohol consumption with Bifilac may cause drowsiness. The doctor should always be consulted before taking alcohol with Bifilac.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
No particular food item is to be avoided.
Q. Can I have Bifilac when pregnant?
No, it should be used only when necessary during pregnancy and with caution. Always inform the doctor before taking Bifilac in cases of pregnancy or if you’re planning to conceive.
Q. Can I have Bifilac when feeding a baby?
Lactating mothers should use it only when necessary and should be used with caution and the doctor should always be informed
Q. Can I drive after taking Bifilac?
Bifilac might cause drowsiness/ sleepiness in some patients and one must avoid driving or operating heavy machinery if drowsiness or dizziness occurs.
Also read: Calcirol Side Effect | Candid B Side Effect
11Buyer’s Guide – Bifilac Composition, Variant and Price
|Bifilac Variants||Bifilac Composition||Bifilac Price (Rs.)|
|Bifilac 0.5gm Sachet||Lactobacillus 50million spores||Rs. 13.72 for 1pack|
|Bifilac HP Capsule||Lactobacillus 100million spores||Rs. 160 for 10 capsules|
|Bifilac Dry 50ml Syrup||Bacillus mesentericus 1million cells + Clostridium Butyricum 2million cells + Lactobacillus Sporogens 50million cells + Streptococcus thermophilus 30million cells/ 5ml||Rs. 103.50 for 1pack|
|Bifilac Lozenge||Bacillus mesentericus 1million spores + Clostridium Butyricum 2million spores + Lactobacillus Sporogens 50million spores + Streptococcus thermophilus 30million spores||Rs. 141.60 for 10 Lozenges|
|Bifilac Lozenges 15S Tablet||Bacillus mesentericus 1million spores + Clostridium Butyricum 2million spores + Lactobacillus Sporogens 50million spores + Streptococcus thermophilus 30million spores||Rs. 141.60 for 10 Tablets|
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: 1mg | Netmeds | Myra Medicines
12Substitutes of Bifilac
The following are alternative drugs for Bifilac:
- Vibact Capsule:
- Manufactured by USV Pvt Ltd
- Price- Rs. 99.5
- Vibact Sachet:
- Manufactured by USV Pvt Ltd
- Price- Rs. 12.66
- Becelac PB Capsule:
- Manufactured by Dr Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd
- Price- Rs. 112
Storage requirements for Bifilac
- Store the Bifilac tablet at a dry, moisture free place away from direct heat or sunlight at room temperature.
- Keep it at a place away from children’s reach.
13FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Bifilac
Q. What is Bifilac?
Ans. Bifilac is a probiotic that contains beneficial bacteria which helps to improve gastrointestinal problems.
Q. What are the uses of Bifilac?
Ans. Bifilac is mainly used to prevent or treat conditions like diarrhea and other gastrointestinal disorders
Q. What are the side effects of Bifilac?
Ans. The most common side effects of Bifilac are Acute toxicity, Nausea, Rashes, Bloating, Abdominal pain
Q. How long does it take for Bifilac to show results?
Ans.The effect of Bifilac can be seen within first week of starting the administration of the drug.
Q. Should Bifilac be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. Bifilac should not be taken empty stomach to prevent any potential stomach upset.
Q. Does Bifilac make you drowsy?
Ans. Yes, Bifilac may cause drowsiness in few cases but it varies with every individual.
Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Bifilac doses?
Ans. The ideal time gap of 4-6 hours should be there between two doses.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Bifilac should be consumed as prescribed by the doctor and in case of any severity of symptoms, immediate medical help or consultation should be taken. And the doctor should be the one to decide when and how to stop the cycle of Bifilac.
Q. Does Bifilac effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. No, it generally doesn’t affect the menstrual cycle but one should always consult the doctor in case of pre existing menstrual problems before consuming the drug
Q. Is Bifilac safe for children?
Ans. Bifilac is safe for children but should be administered in children only after proper consultation and recommendation by the Paediatrician.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Bifilac?
Ans. Any liver disorder or allergic reactions are to be taken into consideration before taking Bifilac.
Q. Is Bifilac legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.