Skip to Content
- 1. What happens if I overuse Biluma Cream?
- 2. What happens if I miss an application of Biluma Cream?
- 3. What happens if I use expired Biluma Cream?
- 4. Onset time of Biluma Cream?
- 5. Till when does the effect of Biluma Cream stay?
- Warnings When using Biluma Cream
- Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Biluma Cream?
- 1. Food Interactions with Biluma Cream
- 2. Medicines Interactions with Biluma Cream
- 3. Effects of Biluma Cream on Lab Tests
- 4. Biluma Cream’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- Q. Can I have alcohol with Biluma Cream?
- Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Q. Can I use Biluma Cream when pregnant?
- Q. Can I use Biluma Cream when feeding a baby?
- Q. Can I drive after taking Biluma Cream?
- Storage requirements for Biluma Cream
- Q. What is Biluma Cream?
- Q. What are the uses of Biluma Cream?
- Q. What are the side effects of Biluma Cream?
- Q. How long does it take for Biluma Cream to show results?
- Q. Does Biluma Cream make you drowsy?
- Q. What should be the time gap between the two applications of Biluma Cream?
- Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- Q. Does Biluma Cream effect my menstrual cycle?
- Q. Is Biluma Cream safe for children?
- Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before using Biluma Cream?
- Q. Is Biluma Cream legal in India?
What is Biluma Cream?
It is used to lighten or for depigmentation of the skin in cases of tanned skin. Rashes, itching and burning sensation are some of the less commonly seen side effects seen with Biluma cream, when applied in more than the prescribed amount. It should be totally avoided in case of allergic reactions and sensitive skin.
Biluma Cream Composition: Kojic Acid Dipalmitate, Arbutin, Liquorice, Mulberry extract, Tetrahydrocurcumin, Artocarpus extracts.
Manufactured by: Galderma India Pvt Ltd
Prescription: Not required as it is available as (Over the Counter) OTC drug.
Price: Rs. 401.20 for 1 pack of 15 gm tube.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 2 years from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Antipigmentation
Uses of Biluma Cream
Biluma Cream is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Hyperpigmentation: Used to treat hyperpigmentation in cases like dark spots after healing of bruises.
- Tan: Used in cases tanned skin by prolonged exposure of skin to the sun.
- Dark circles: Used to treat or depigment the dark circles under the eyes.
- Elbows/ Knees: Used to manage the darkened skin of elbows and knees.
- Melasma: Used to prevent or treat melasma formation (blue grayish spots on the skin of face, forearms and neck).
- Wounds: Used in cases after the wound has healed properly, to lighten the wound scars.
- Acne scars: Used to treat cases of Acne scars.
- Others: Used in other skin conditions like boil, cuts etc.
Also Read: Cobadex Forte Uses | Colicaid Drops Uses
How does Biluma Cream work?
- Biluma cream contains Kojic Acid Dipalmitate, Arbutin, Liquorice, Mulberry extract, Tetrahydrocurcumin and Artocarpus extracts as its main ingredient.
- Biluma cream works by inhibiting the pigment formation inside the skin and protects the skin against the harmful UV rays.
- Biluma cream enhances deposition of skin whitening agents inside the skin surface and leads to skin lightening.
- It also prevents hyper pigmentation of skin in cases of wound healing as it decreases the healing process.
- Arbutin and Mulberry extracts acts as skin whitening and skin lightening agent respectively.
How to use Biluma Cream?
- Biluma Cream is available in Cream form.
- Gently wash or clean the affected area with a mild cleanser before application, wash and dry your hands properly before and after applying Biluma Cream.
- Apply a thin layer of the cream over the affected area and massage it gently till it gets absorbed in the skin and let it be there on the skin for some time to have desired results.
- Biluma Cream should not be applied in genital areas as the skin of genital area is extra sensitive.
- Avoid using the cream on the entire face unless advised by the doctor.
- Avoid excess of cream use as it may cause undesirable effects.
- It is advisable for the patient to go through the leaflet inside the package thoroughly to have a better understanding of how to handle the drug.
Common Dosage for Biluma Cream
- The dosage of the drug is to be decided by the doctor for every individual as per the age, weight, mental status, allergic history of the patient.
- The common usage of Biluma Cream is 1-2 times a day for a week or as stated by the doctor.
- It is advisable to consult with a dermatologist or paediatrician before application of Biluma Cream in children.
- Only a thin layer is to be applied on the affected area.
1. What happens if I overuse Biluma Cream?
Overuse of Biluma Cream may not result in early cure but it may lead to increased chances of undesirable effects. Therefore, Biluma Cream usage should be followed strictly as per the prescription by the doctor and in overuse cases, immediately wash the area with cold water and seek medical help to avoid undesirable effects.
2. What happens if I miss an application of Biluma Cream?
Usage of Biluma Cream should always be as prescribed by the doctor and in case of missed application, always try to apply it as soon as you remember. But, avoid overusing it.
3. What happens if I use expired Biluma Cream?
Expired Biluma Cream may not cause any undesirable effect but it is advisable to avoid using expired drug as it may not be efficacious enough to provide the needed results and the doctor should be immediately consulted in case of any undesirable symptoms after using the expired drug.
4. Onset time of Biluma Cream?
Time taken by the drug to exhibit its effect depends on the condition being treated.
5. Till when does the effect of Biluma Cream stay?
The time taken by the drug to show its effect may vary with every individual.
Also Read: Crocin Advance Dosage | Cremaffin Dosage | Combiflam Dosage
When to Avoid Biluma Cream?
Do not use Biluma Cream if:
- Allergy/Hypersensitivity: In known cases of allergy or hypersensitivity to Biluma Cream or any of its ingredients.
Precautions while using Biluma Cream:
- Allergic Reaction: Always seek medical help immediately in case of any allergic reaction, if occurs after using Biluma Cream.
- Avoid eye contact: Always apply the drug on the outer areas.
- Avoid Dose alteration: Drug alteration should be avoided unless stated by the doctor.
- Age criteria: It should be avoided in children without Pediatrician’s advice.
Warnings When using Biluma Cream
- Concomitant topical use of any other drug should be delayed for atleast 5-10 minutes while using Biluma Cream.
- Usage alteration without medical advice is not recommended.
- Biluma Cream should not be administered in children unless specified by the Paediatrician.
- Affected area should not be covered with tight dressing or bandage after applying the Biluma cream.
Side-Effects of Biluma Cream:
The side effects associated with Biluma Cream are:
- Rashes (less common)
- Burning sensation or skin irritation. (common)
- Redness of skin (less common)
- Skin peeling (rare)
- Itchiness of skin. (less common)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Biluma Cream?
Possible allergic reactions reported for Biluma Cream are:
- Rashes (less common)
- Breathlessness (less common)
- Itching (Common)
Also Read: Daflon Side Effects | Crocin Side Effects | Chymoral Forte Side Effects
Drug Interactions to be Careful About
It is always advisable to be careful of a certain drug to drug or drug to food interactions when consuming Biluma Cream. Always be aware of the food items, other drugs or lab tests while consuming Biluma Cream. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Biluma Cream
No particular food item to be avoided.
2. Medicines Interactions with Biluma Cream
Since Biluma Cream is a topical drug, no other drugs have reactions with it unless any other topical drug is being used in the same area of application. It is always advisable that the patient must inform the physician about of all the drugs/products you use. You must notify the doctor about the herbal products that you are currently using. You should never alter the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
3. Effects of Biluma Cream on Lab Tests
Biluma Cream doesn’t affect any laboratory test results.
4. Biluma Cream’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Patients with allergic reactions.
Q. Can I have alcohol with Biluma Cream?
Interaction of Biluma Cream with alcohol is not known. Therefore, always consult the doctor before consuming alcohol with Biluma Cream.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
Q. Can I use Biluma Cream when pregnant?
Yes, but it is advisable to consult the treating doctor before using biluma cream in such situations. Always inform the doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
Q. Can I use Biluma Cream when feeding a baby?
Yes, Biluma Cream can be used for lactating mothers after consulting the doctor but avoid contacting the child with the drug and also avoid Biluma Cream application on breasts. Always notify the doctor in such cases.
Q. Can I drive after taking Biluma Cream?
Yes, Biluma Cream has no effect on driving but it is advisable to take extra caution if one experience extra caution.
Buyer’s Guide, Biluma Cream Composition, Variant and Price
|Biluma Cream Variants||Biluma Cream Composition||Biluma Cream Price (Rs.)|
|Biluma Cream 15 gm tube||Kojic Acid Dipalmitate, Arbutin, Liquorice, Mulberry extract, Tetrahydrocurcumin, Artocarpus extracts||Rs. 401.20 for 1 pack|
Buy & Get Upto 35% Discount: Practo Coupons
Substitutes of Biluma Cream
The following are alternative drugs for Biluma Cream:
- Melaglow Rich Cream:
- Manufactured by Abbott.
- Price – Rs. 415
- Sabi-Glow Cream:
- Manufactured by Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Kojivit Gel:
- Manufactured by Micro Labs Ltd.
- Price – Rs. 315
- Glamwhite Cream:
- Manufactured by Encore Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Storage requirements for Biluma Cream
- Biluma Cream drug should be stored at a moisture free, dry place at temperature below 25OC.
- Avoid freezing the drug
- Drug should be kept out of children’s reach.
FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Biluma Cream
Q. What is Biluma Cream?
Ans. Biluma Cream is a topically used skin cream used for lightening, whitening and depigmentation of the skin.
Biluma Cream is effective against acne scars, hyperpigmented skin and wound scars.
Q. What are the uses of Biluma Cream?
Ans. Biluma Cream works for Hyperpigmentation, Tan, Dark circle Elbows/ Knees, Melasma, Wounds, Acne scars
Q. What are the side effects of Biluma Cream?
Ans. The most common side effects of Biluma Cream are Rashes, Burning sensation or skin irritation, Redness of skin , Skin peeling , Itchiness of skin.
Q. How long does it take for Biluma Cream to show results?
Ans. Biluma Cream shows its effect within first few months of application but one should continue the application unless asked to stop by the doctor.
Q. Does Biluma Cream make you drowsy?
Ans. Biluma Cream does not cause drowsiness but it may vary with every case.
Q. What should be the time gap between the two applications of Biluma Cream?
Ans. An Ideal time gap of atleast 5-10 minutes should be there between two applications. However, one should never overuse Biluma Cream applications.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Biluma Cream should be used strictly as per the doctor’s adsvice. Withdrawal of Biluma Cream in between can lead to recurrence of symptoms.
The doctor should be the one to decide when and how to stop the cycle of Biluma Cream.
Q. Does Biluma Cream effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. Biluma Cream generally doesn’t affect the menstrual cycle as it for topical application only but always consult the doctor in case of pre existing menstrual problems before using the drug
Q. Is Biluma Cream safe for children?
Ans. Always consult the Paediatrician before applying Biluma Cream to children as a precautionary
measure, as children’s skin is more sensitive as compared to adults.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before using Biluma Cream?
Ans. Any allergic history with Biluma Cream with symptoms like rashes, itching or burning sensation or same class of drugs, are to be taken into consideration before using Biluma Cream.
Q. Is Biluma Cream legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.