Table of Contents
- 1 Properties of Brahmi Capsules
- 2 Health Benefits of Brahmi Capsules
- 3 1. Makes Liver healthy
- 4 2. Boosts Memory
- 5 3. Ease symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease
- 6 4. Reduces stress and anxiety
- 7 5. Reduces Cancer Cells
- 8 6. Strengthens Immune System
- 9 7. Regulates blood sugar level
- 10 4 Important Question About Brahmi Capsules Answered
- 10.1 Can I take Himalaya Brahmi and Ashwagandha capsules together to manage stress and anxiety? If yes, then what is the right dosage and time to take them?
- 10.2 What are the best ways to treat sleep disorder?
- 10.3 How do I take Brahmi herb for improving concentration power?
- 10.4 What are some of the brain boosting medicine herbs and syrups?
- 11 Brahmi Capsules: A buyer’s guide
- 12 Other Blogs that you may want to read
Brahmi also known as Bacopa Monnieri is a creeping herb which is found in the wetlands of Southern and Eastern India. Serving as a medicinal herb in Ayurveda, Brahmi is a non-aromatic herb which traditionally been used in the Ayurvedic treatment of epilepsy and asthma.
“Brahmi is excellent for improving your brain functions and strengthening your memory.”
– Dr. Akhilesh Sharma, Ayurvedic Expert
Brahmi Capsules Price: Rs 119 for 60 Tablets
Properties of Brahmi Capsules
- Brahmi – Bacopa monnieri
- Ashwagandha – Withania somnifera
- Gotu Kola – Centella Asiatica
- Ginkgo – Ginkgo biloba
- Vitamin E
- Folic Acid
Health Benefits of Brahmi Capsules
1. Makes Liver healthy
Brahmi is one of the most used herbs in Ayurveda to help improve health conditions. It contains alkaloids which help to detoxify the liver and enhance its life. A good supplement in diet, Brahmi capsules helps in healthy functioning of the liver.
2. Boosts Memory
Brahmi capsules are said to contain such medicinal properties that have a positive impact on the hippocampus part of the brain that is responsible for intelligence, memory and concentration. The most astonishing fact about Brahmi is that its shape is similar to the cerebellum (a part of the brain which controls memory and concentration).
3. Ease symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease
Due to the presence of Amyloid compounds in the neurons, the cells of the brain are damaged. However, with the intake of Brahmi capsules helps in rebuilding the brain tissues which in turn ease the symptoms of Alzheimer’s.
4. Reduces stress and anxiety
Regular doses of Brahmi capsules are said to decrease the secretion level of Cortisol which is a stress hormone.
5. Reduces Cancer Cells
Brahmi consists of a lot of antioxidants which helps in removing free radicals which further stops mutating of cancer cells.
6. Strengthens Immune System
With a lot of antioxidants and nutrients, Brahmi capsules regular intake will strengthen the immune system which will help your system fight against various diseases and ailments.
7. Regulates blood sugar level
A regular dosage of Brahmi capsules will help in improving the symptoms of hypoglycemia and also helps in regulating blood sugar levels in the human body.
Hair Benefits of Brahmi Capsules
- Helps in treating dry scalp
- Prevents hair fall
- Rejuvenates scalp
- Promotes regeneration of healthy hair
- Treats problems like dandruff, itchy scalp and formation of split-ends
Skin Benefits of Brahmi Capsules
- Enhances your skin complexion
- Reduces wrinkles
- Fights skin irritation
- Acts as a natural antiseptic for skin
Dosage of Brahmi Capsules
The doses of the Brahmi capsules recommended by a doctor is said to be 300 mg a day.
Brahmi Capsules Side Effects
- Sometimes a heavy dosage might result in a headache and dizziness.
- Intake not suitable for pregnant and lactating women.
Also Read: Baidyanath Gokshuradi Guggulu Effects
4 Important Question About Brahmi Capsules Answered
Can I take Himalaya Brahmi and Ashwagandha capsules together to manage stress and anxiety? If yes, then what is the right dosage and time to take them?
Brahmi capsules are beneficial to manage stress and anxiety. However, you must consult a qualified health care practitioner or an Ayurvedic expert to know if they can be taken together.
What are the best ways to treat sleep disorder?
The best ways to treat sleep disorders are to reduce intake of caffeine, quit smoking, avoid drinking, and avoid large meals before bed time. You can also take Brahmi capsules in order to treat sleep disorders, however, only under the supervision of a qualified health care practitioner.
How do I take Brahmi herb for improving concentration power?
A daily dose of 300 g to 400 mg of Brahmi is recommended. However, the proportion of this Ayurvedic medicine may vary from person to person. Therefore, you must consult a doctor to know about the consumption of a daily dose of Brahmi capsules.
What are some of the brain boosting medicine herbs and syrups?
Some of the brain boosting medicine herbs and syrups are Brahmi, Amla, Jyotishmati, and Shankhpushpi.