Table of Contents
- 1 What is Bravia DSR?
- 2 Uses of Bravia DSR:
- 3 How do Bravia DSR work?
- 4 How to Take Bravia DSR?
- 5 Common Dosage for Bravia DSR:
- 6 When to Avoid Bravia DSR?
- 7 Side-effects of Bravia DSR:
- 8 Effect on organs?
- 9 Reported Allergic Reactions?
- 10 Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
- 11 Shows Effects / Results In:
- 12 Storage of Bravia DSR
- 13 Pro Tips When Taking Bravia DSR:
- 14 FAQ’s
- 15 Is Bravia DSR addictive?
- 16 Can I have Bravia DSR with alcohol?
- 17 Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 18 Can I have Bravia DSR when pregnant?
- 19 Can I have Bravia DSR when feeding a baby?
- 20 Can I drive after taking Bravia DSR?
- 21 What happens if I overdose on Bravia DSR?
- 22 What happens if I take expired Bravia DSR?
- 23 What happens if I miss a dose of Bravia DSR?
What is Bravia DSR?
Bravia DSR is a fixed dose combination of Rabeprazole (20mg) and Domperidone (30mg) used for the treatment of acidity, heart burn, nausea, vomiting etc.
Buy Smart & Save Money: 1mg | Practo | Netmeds Coupons | Medlife Coupons
Uses of Bravia DSR:
- It can be used for the following conditions:
- Gastroesophageal reflex disease (GERD)
- Gastric ulcer
- Zollinger Ellison syndrome
- Heart burn
- Erosive esophagitis
- Idiopathic or diabetic gastroparesis (the condition which prevents stomach emptying)
- Helicobacter pylori infection
How do Bravia DSR work?
- Rabeprazole belongs to the group of drugs called a “proton pump inhibitor” which works by inhibiting gastric acid secretion. It inhibits acid secretion both in resting phase as well as when stimulated by food thus preventing heartburn and gastric ulcer disease.
- Domperidone belongs to a group of drugs called “dopamine antagonists” which works by propelling the food faster through your food pipe from the stomach to intestine.
- It also prevents food from flowing wrong way back up to food pipe and inhibits vomiting center in the brain thus eventually reducing the feeling of nausea and vomiting.
How to Take Bravia DSR?
- Bravia DSR is available in capsule form for oral use.
- Bravia DSR is well absorbed orally and should be taken empty stomach (at least half an hour before food) in the morning.
- The capsule should be swallowed as a whole without crushing, chewing or breaking it along with plenty of fluids.
Common Dosage for Bravia DSR:
- The optimum dosage of Bravia DSR varies with the condition of the patient, age of the patient and the initial response to the drug.
- The recommended dose for Bravia DSR in adults is one capsule once daily half an hour before food. Bravia DSR should not be used for more than 14 days if not directed by your doctor.
When to Avoid Bravia DSR?
- Bravia DSR should be avoided or used with caution in following patients:
- Patients with allergy to any of its components
- Blockage in intestine
- Patients with electrolyte disturbance especially Magnesium, potassium and calcium
- Patients with severe kidney and liver disease
- Congestive heart failure
Side-effects of Bravia DSR:
- Common side effects with Bravia DSR include:
- Abdominal pain
- Dry mouth
- Increased chances of bone fracture
Read About: Feripro Side Effects | Hb-Rich Side Effects
Effect on organs?
Patients with severe liver and kidney disease should use Bravia DSR with caution. Dose adjustment by doctor might be needed in few cases.
Reported Allergic Reactions?
- Report to your doctor if you are allergic to any of the ingredients of Bravia DSR. Signs of allergic reaction include:
- Rashes/itching of skin
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat
- Loss of consciousness
Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
It is always advised that the patient must inform the doctor of all the drugs/over the counter products/vitamin supplements being used along with Bravia DSR capsules.
All the possible drug interactions might not be listed here. Bravia DSR may interact with the following drugs and products:
Also Know: Carpela 21s Precaution | Haematinga Precaution
Shows Effects / Results In:
The effects of Bravia DSR start within 30 minutes to 1 hour following oral administration and reach its maximum (inhibition of acid) in 2 hours.
Storage of Bravia DSR
- Stored at room temperature away from direct sunlight and heat.
- Keep medicines away from children and pets.
Pro Tips When Taking Bravia DSR:
- Bravia DSR, when used in larger doses and for longer duration, may increase your risk for bone fractures (osteoporosis) especially among elderly.
- When used for the longer duration, it may also cause a decrease in magnesium levels in the blood. Constant monitoring of blood magnesium levels should be done when on Bravia DSR therapy.
Is Bravia DSR addictive?
No such tendency has been reported.
Can I have Bravia DSR with alcohol?
Consumption of alcohol is not recommended when on Bravia DSR therapy as alcohol increases acidity and cause reflex in food pipe which may further aggregate the problem and reduce the potency of Bravia DSR.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
No such interaction with food products observed.
Can I have Bravia DSR when pregnant?
Usage of Bravia DSR is not recommended during pregnancy as it has shown adverse effects on foetus in animal studies. It should only be used if the potential benefits justify the risks involved.
Can I have Bravia DSR when feeding a baby?
Nursing mothers are advised to use Bravia DSR with caution as the drug may pass into breast milk and could harm the baby.
Can I drive after taking Bravia DSR?
Few patients on Bravia DSR may experience side effects like dizziness, headache, decreased alertness etc. Caution must be exercised in such patients when driving or operating heavy machinery.
What happens if I overdose on Bravia DSR?
It should not be administered in more than recommended dose as it may lead to toxicity. Major signs of acute toxicity include confusion, tremors, drowsiness, increased heartbeat etc.
What happens if I take expired Bravia DSR?
Taking a single expired dose may not cause any major adverse effect. However, the potency of the medicine may well have been reduced.
What happens if I miss a dose of Bravia DSR?
Always administer the missed dose as soon as you remember it. But, if it’s already time for the second dose– do not take double the dose to make up for the missed dose.