Table of Contents
- What is Bro-Zedex LS?
- Uses of Bro-Zedex LS
- How does Bro-Zedex LS work?
- How to Take Bro-Zedex LS?
- Common Dosage for Bro-Zedex LS
- When to avoid Bro-Zedex LS?
- Precautions While Taking Bro-Zedex LS
- Side-Effects of Bro-Zedex LS
- Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- Bro-Zedex LS – Composition, Variant, and Price– Buyer’s Guide
- Substitutes of Bro-Zedex LS
- FAQs – 11 Important Questions Answered about Bro-Zedex LS
What is Bro-Zedex LS?
Bro-Zedex LS is a cough syrup used for the treatment of cough, sore throat and other related bronchopulmonary (associated with lungs) diseases. It is always better to use Bro-Zedex LS under medical supervision as advised as it may lead to adverse effects like nausea, vomiting, dizziness, and palpitations.
Bro-Zedex LS Composition – Guaifenesin – 50mg/5ml, Ambroxol – 30mg/5ml, Levosalbutamol – 1mg/5ml
Manufactured By – Wockhardt Ltd
Prescription– Prescription needed
Form – Syrup
Price – Rs. 100
Type of Drug – cough syrup
Uses of Bro-Zedex LS
Bro-Zedex LS can be used in treatment or prevention of following diseases or symptoms:
- Common cold
- Chest congestion
- Acute sore throat
- Constriction of airways
- Lungs inflammation
Read About: Apitat Syrup Uses
How does Bro-Zedex LS work?
- Ambroxol is a mucolytic agent that breaks down sputum’s mucopolysaccharide fibers & makes the mucous thin and loose thus making it easier in coughing out.
- Guaifenesin is an expectorant which is used to increase bronchial secretion (sputum) or reduce its viscosity, facilitating its removal by coughing.
- Levosalbutamol acts as a bronchodilator and helps in relaxing the muscles involved in airway thus facilitating easier breathing.
Also Read: Alkakem Syrup Composition | Aptimust Syrup Composition
How to Take Bro-Zedex LS?
- Bro-Zedex LS syrup may be taken with or without food or as advised but it is always advisable to take it at a fixed time.
- Drink plenty of fluids while using this medication as it will help loosen the mucus and thus its easier removal.
- In order to measure the prescribed dose, a medication-measuring device and not a household spoon should be used.
- Shake the bottle well before each use.
Common Dosage for Bro-Zedex LS
The drug dosage is decided by the physician based upon:
- Health status/medical condition of the patient
- Severity of symptoms
- Reaction to the first dose
- History of allergy/drug reactions
- Bro-Zedex LS cough syrup can be taken twice or thrice a day or as advised by the doctor.
- Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. For best results, it should be taken at evenly spaced intervals.
- Children below 12 years of age should use it with caution.
Q. What happens if I overdose on Bro-Zedex LS?
Bro-Zedex LS should not be administered in more than prescribed dose. Taking increased dose will not improve your symptoms earlier; rather it may cause serious side-effects. In case of overdosage, consult your doctor immediately.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Bro-Zedex LS?
The potency of the medicine may decrease because, for effective working of the drug, a certain amount of drug must be present in your body at all times. Always consume the missed dose as soon as you remember. But, if it’s already time for the next dose – do not double the dose.
Q. What happens if I eat expired Bro-Zedex LS?
The medicine may not work as well as the potency of the medicine gets affected. Please inform your physician regarding the same. To be on the safer side, always check and never use an expired medicine.
Q. What is the onset time of Bro-Zedex LS?
You should start to feel recovered within one to three days following treatment with Bro-Zedex LS syrup. If no improvement is observed within 7 days, consult your doctor.
Q. Till when does the effect of Bro-Zedex LS stay?
Bro-Zedex LS is a cough syrup which is used as an adjunct to the main therapy. The effect of Bro-Zedex LS cannot be predicted.
Read More: Alkacip Syrup Dosage | Asthalin Expectorant Plus Dosage
When to avoid Bro-Zedex LS?
Bro-Zedex LS should not be used in the following conditions:
- Allergy – if the patient is allergic to any of the components present in Bro-Zedex LS.
- Liver Disease – Patients with severe liver disease must consult the physician before use.
- Kidney disease – Patients with severe kidney disease or on dialysis must consult the physician before use.
- Pregnant and breast feeding women – Pregnant and breastfeeding women must consult the physician before the use of Bro-Zedex LS.
Precautions While Taking Bro-Zedex LS
- Bro-Zedex LS may cause dizziness and sleepiness. Avoid doing things which require constant mental attention.
- Patients with heart disease and thyroid disorder should use Bro-Zedex LS under medical supervision.
Side-Effects of Bro-Zedex LS
Majority of the patients do not show any side effects. Few patients might show side effects which include:
- Drowsiness (most common)
- Dizziness (common)
- Nausea (common)
- Lightheadedness (common)
- Dry mouth (common)
- Vomiting (less common)
- Loss of appetite (less common)
- Stomach ache (less common)
- Increased heart rate (less common)
- Tremors (less common)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Bro-Zedex LS?
Tell your doctor if you are allergic to any of its ingredients.
Signs and symptoms include:
- Rash (common)
- Itching (common)
- Shortness of breath (less common)
- Swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat (rare)
- Loss of consciousness (rare)
What are the effects of Bro-Zedex LS on organs?
No adverse effects observed on any organ while taking Bro-Zedex LS. Patients with pre-existing liver and kidney disease should use it with caution.
Drug Interactions to be Careful About
Drug interaction refers to the effect of drugs on each other and on the human body after ingestion. Large numbers of medicines have shown to interact with each other. Interactions are not just limited to drugs, but certain food items and some laboratory tests which should not be taken right after consuming Bro-Zedex LS. We explore these in details below.
1. Food Interactions with Bro-Zedex LS
No particular food item to be avoided apart from alcohol as it may cause liver damage and may increase the incidence of dizziness.
2. Medicines Interactions with Bro-Zedex LS
It is always advised that the patient must inform the physician about all the drugs/over the counter products/vitamin supplements used. It may interact with the following drugs and products:
- Carvedilol (moderate)
- Timolol (moderate)
- Sotalol (moderate)
- Bendrofluazide (mild)
- Dicumarol (mild)
3. Effects of Bro-Zedex LS on Lab Tests
No effect on any lab tests noted while taking Bro-Zedex LS.
4. Interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Patients suffering from pre-existing liver and kidney diseases must consult their physician before consuming Bro-Zedex LS.
Q. Can I have Bro-Zedex LS with alcohol?
Consumption of alcohol is not recommended when on Bro-Zedex LS as it might increase the risk of side effects and may cause excessive drowsiness & calmness.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
No alteration in its action seen with any food product.
Q. Can I have Bro-Zedex LS when pregnant?
Bro-Zedex LS may be unsafe to use in pregnant patients as it may cause damage to foetus. However, if the benefits outweigh the risks involved, it can be administered to pregnant patients under medical supervision.
Q. Can I have Bro-Zedex LS when feeding a baby?
There is no evidence as for whether ingredients of Bro-Zedex LS cough syrup are excreted in human breast milk or not thus it should be used with caution in lactating mothers.
Q. Can I drive after taking Bro-Zedex LS?
If one experiences side effects like drowsiness, headache, dizziness or decrease in blood pressure, then it may not be advisable to drive a vehicle and operate heavy machinery while on this medication.
Also Read: Asthalin Syrup Side Effects
Bro-Zedex LS – Composition, Variant, and Price– Buyer’s Guide
|Bro-Zedex LS Composition||Bro-Zedex LS Variants||Bro-Zedex LS Price|
|Bro-Zedex LS oral drops||Guaifenesin – 50mg/5ml, Ambroxol – 30mg/5ml, Levosalbutamol – 1mg/5ml||Rs. 49|
|Bro-Zedex SF||Guaifenesin – 50mg/5ml, Terbutaline – 1.25mg/5ml, Bromhexine – 4mg/5ml||Rs. 130.35|
|Bro-Zedex expectorant||Guaifenesin – 50mg/5ml, Terbutaline – 1.25mg/5ml, Bromhexine – 4mg/5ml, Menthol – 2.5mg/5ml||Rs. 100|
Buy & Get minimum 30% Discount: 1mg Coupon Code | Practo Coupon Code
Substitutes of Bro-Zedex LS
The following are alternative drugs for Bro-Zedex LS:
- Ascoril LS
- Manufactured by – Glenmark Pharmaceutical
- Price – Rs. 94.5
- Manufactured by – Cipla Ltd
- Price – Rs. 16.22
- Kufri LS
- Manufactured by – Med Manor Organics
- Price – Rs. 86
Storage requirements for Bro-Zedex LS
- Storage at room temperature away from direct light and heat unless mentioned in the package insert.
- Keep medicines away from children and pets.
Also Know: Adialka Syrup Price
FAQs – 11 Important Questions Answered about Bro-Zedex LS
Q. What is Bro-Zedex LS?
Bro-Zedex LS is a cough syrup used for the treatment of cough, sore throat and other related bronchopulmonary (associated with lungs) diseases.
Q. What are the uses of Bro-Zedex LS?
Bro-Zedex LS is most commonly used for the prevention of cough, common cold, chest congestion, Acute sore throat, asthma, and lung inflammation.
Q. What are the side effects of Bro-Zedex LS?
Majority of the patients do not show any side effects. Few patients might show side effects which include Drowsiness, Dizziness, Nausea, Lightheadedness and Dry mouth.
Q. Should Bro-Zedex LS be taken on an empty stomach?
Bro-Zedex LS can be taken empty stomach as well as after food.
Q. Does Bro-Zedex LS make you drowsy?
Yes. It does make you drowsy and less oriented.
Q. What should be the time gap between the intakes of two Bro-Zedex LS doses?
There should be a time gap of at least 8-12 hours between two doses of Bro-Zedex LS.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
A complete course prescribed by your doctor must be taken for a complete cessation of symptoms from your body.
Q. Does Bro-Zedex LS effect my menstrual cycle?
No, Bro-Zedex LS does not affect your menstrual cycle.
Q. Is Bro-Zedex LS safe for children?
Bro-Zedex LS is safe for consumption in children above 12 years of age. Children below 12 years should use it with caution.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Bro-Zedex LS?
Patients with a history of allergy to Bro-Zedex LS and its ingredients should not use it. Bro-Zedex LS should also not be used with beta blockers.
Q. Is Bro-Zedex LS legal in India?
Yes, Bro-Zedex LS is legal in India.
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.