Table of Contents
- What is Buscopan?
- Uses of Buscopan
- How does Buscopan work?
- Buscopan Price in India
- How to take Buscopan?
- Common dosage of Buscopan
- When to avoid Buscopan & Precautions to take?
- Side Effects of Buscopan
- Effect on organs?
- Reported allergic reactions?
- Drug interactions to be careful about?
- Shows effects
- Storage Requirements for Buscopan
- Pro Tips when taking Buscopan
- Is Buscopan addictive?
- Can I have Buscopan with alcohol?
- Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Can I have Buscopan when pregnant?
- Can I have Buscopan when feeding a baby?
- Can I drive after taking Buscopan?
- What happens if I overdose on Buscopan?
- What happens if I eat expired Buscopan?
- What happens if I miss a dose of Buscopan?
- Similar Reads
Buscopan Composition – Hyoscine butylbromide (10mg)
Manufactured By – Zydus Cadila
Prescription – Prescription not Required
Form – Tablet
Price – Rs 39.5
Quantity – 10 tablets in 1 strip
What is Buscopan?
- Buscopan is an anti-cholinergic agent, used to treat abdominal pain, esophageal spasms and other IBS symptoms.
- This medicine does not have much effect on the brain.
- Buscopan contains hyoscine butylbromide as an active ingredient.
Checkout Exciting Offers & Coupons: Pharmeasy Offers | Myra Medicines Offers
Uses of Buscopan
Buscopan is prescribed for:
- Abdominal pain
- Esophageal spasms
- Renal colic
- Bladder spasms
Read About: Betnelan Uses | Canesten Uses | Bendex Uses
How does Buscopan work?
- Buscopan relieves stomach cramps and menstrual pain by reducing the contractions of the muscle in the walls of the stomach, bowel and bladder.
- It exerts a spasmolytic action on the smooth muscle of the gastrointestinal, biliary and genito-urinary tracts.
Buscopan Price in India
|Specifics||Buscopan Price in India|
|Buscopan 10mg Suppository||Rs.39.5|
|Buscopan 20mg Injection||Rs.9.74|
|Buscopan 10mg Tablet||Rs.39.5|
Know About: Buscopan Price
How to take Buscopan?
- Buscopan is administered orally in the form of tablet.
- It can also be administered via injection into a muscle, or into a vein.
Common dosage of Buscopan
- The usual dose of Buscopan for cramps in adults and children aged 12 years and over is 2 tablets taken 4 times a day.
- For children between 6 to 11 years, the usual dose is 1 tablet taken 3 times a day.
- The usual dose of Buscopan for symptoms of IBS in adults and children aged 12 years and over is 1 tablet taken 3 times a day.
Also Know: Champix Dosage
When to avoid Buscopan & Precautions to take?
- Avoid using Buscopan if you are allergic to it or any other inactive ingredients present along with it.
- Do not give Buscopan to children under the age of 6 years.
- Buscopan is not recommended for use in patients with angle-closure glaucoma, enlarged bowel and myasthenia gravis.
- Caution is advised in patients who cannot digest sugars or have fast heart rate or any other heart problem.
- Before receiving this medicine, tell your doctor if you have bowel blockage, overactive thyroid, and digestive problem such as constipation or ulcerative colitis.
- Also men with prostate problem need to be cautious while receiving this medicine.
Side Effects of Buscopan
- Vision changes
- Dry mouth
- Rapid heart rate
- Triggering of glaucoma
- Severe allergies
Know About: Canesten Side Effects
Effect on organs?
- Immune system reactions- Skin reactions (urticaria, pruritus).
- Cardiac reactions- Tachycardia.
- Gastrointestinal reactions- Dry mouth.
Reported allergic reactions?
Allergic reactions may include:
- Trouble breathing
- Swelling of face, throat or hands/legs
Drug interactions to be careful about?
Concomitant use of following drugs is not recommended:
- Tricyclic antidepressants
- MAO inhibitors
- Dopamine antagonists such as metoclopramide
- Beta-adrenergic agents
- Buscopan relieves the pain of stomach cramps by helping gut or stomach to relax.
- The medicine works very quickly. Painful cramps should ease within 15 minutes.
Storage Requirements for Buscopan
- Keep it in an air-tight container.
- Store below 25 degrees Celsius
- Keep it away from direct light or moisture.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
Pro Tips when taking Buscopan
- Reduce or remove foods from your diet which trigger stomach irritation.
- Practice breathing exercises or try a relaxation therapy such as yoga, Pilates or meditation.
- Exercise at least 3 times per week for minimum 30 minutes.
- Limit the use of alcohol and be cautious while driving.
- Buscopan is not recommended to treat IBS in children under 12 years of age.
Is Buscopan addictive?
Can I have Buscopan with alcohol?
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Avoid fried food and caffeine.
Can I have Buscopan when pregnant?
Can I have Buscopan when feeding a baby?
Can I drive after taking Buscopan?
What happens if I overdose on Buscopan?
Overdose of Buscopan may cause dry mouth, tachycardia, slight drowsiness, transient visual disorders, urinary retention, reddening of the skin, and inhibition of gastrointestinal motility.
What happens if I eat expired Buscopan?
Expired Buscopan may become ineffective in treating your prescribed conditions, thus to be on the safe side, it is important not to use expired drug.
What happens if I miss a dose of Buscopan?
If you miss a dose of Buscopan, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double dose for a missed one.