Table of Contents
- What is C Tax O Tablet?
- Uses of C Tax O tablet
- How does C Tax O tablet work?
- How to take C Tax O tablet?
- C Tax O tablet Common Dosage
- When to Avoid C Tax O Tablet?
- Precautions While Taking C Tax O Tablet:
- Side-Effects of C Tax O Tablet:
- Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- Buyer’s Guide – C Tax O Tablet Composition, Variant and Price
- Substitutes of C Tax O Tablet
- FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about C Tax O
- Authored By –
1What is C Tax O Tablet?
It is mainly used to prevent or treat conditions like Upper respiratory tract infections and bronchitis.Pseudo membranous colitis and acute renal failure are the major side effects at high repetitive doses. It should be totally avoided in case of liver or kidney impairment and allergic to penicillin or other antibiotics.
C Tax O tablet Composition: Cefixime 200 mg
Manufactured By: Zuventus Healthcare Ltd
Prescription: Required as it belongs to Schedule ‘H’.
Form: Tablet, Drops and Syrups.
Price: Rs. 96.02 for 10 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Antibiotic
2Uses of C Tax O tablet
C Tax O tablet is used to prevent or treat following conditions:
- Cystourethritis: Used to manage Cystourethritis
- Pyelonephritis: Used to treat Uncomplicated pyelonephritis
- Tonsillitis: Used to Tonsillitis
- Chronic Bronchitis: Used to treat acute exacerbation of chronic bronchitis
- Pharyngitis: Used to treat and manage pharyngitis.
- URTI: Used to treat Upper respiratory tract infections (URTI)
- Otitis Media: Used to treat Otitis Media
- Bronchitis: Used to manage Bronchitis
3How does C Tax O tablet work?
- C Tax O contains Cefixime as its active ingredient.
- Cefixime is a cephalosporin and works by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacterial cells.
- Inhibition of cell wall makes the bacterial cells susceptible to the antibiotic and eventually leads to their destruction.
- Cefixime is stable in the presence of Beta lactamase enzymes (produced by bacterial cells as defence mechanism). Hence, it is preferred over other antibiotic in cases where the treatment with other antibiotics have failed
4How to take C Tax O tablet?
- C Tax O is present in the form of tablets and in the form of syrup (C Tax O Tablet).
- C Tax O tablet is taken via mouth with a glass of water preferably with or after food as it prevents any potential gastric irritation caused by the drug when taken empty stomach.
- C Tax O tablet should never be chewed or crushed. It should be swallowed as a whole.
- C Tax O dry syrup can be prepared by adding sterile water to the dry syrup powder upto the mark on the bottle and the bottle should be shaken up well to have a homogenous mixture of drug.
- If you are consuming C Tax O suspension, bottle should be shaken up well before consumption and a measuring cup should be used.
- C Tax O prepared dry syrup should not be used for more than 7 days and should be discarded.
- C Tax O tablet should be taken with equal time interval between two doses.
- It is advisable to go through the pack insert properly before consuming the drug to have a better understanding of the drug.
5C Tax O tablet Common Dosage
- The dosage of the drug is to be decided by the doctor for every individual as per the age, weight, mental status, allergic history of the patient.
- Common Adult dose of C Tax O tablet is 200mg tablet twice 12 hourly or 400mg tablet once daily for 5-7 days depending on the condition or as stated by the physician.
- Common Paediatric dose of C Tax O is 8mg/kg/day of suspension in two divided doses every 12 hour or as decided by the paediatrician for specific cases.
- Dose alteration should be avoided without proper medical consultation.
- Paediatrician should be consulted when administering paediatric dose.
Q. What happens if I overdose on C Tax O Tablet?
Overdose of C Tax O Tablet can cause serious undesirable effects and can lead to complications in some cases.
Gastric lavage is performed in cases of overdose, by the doctor or trained medical staff.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of C Tax O Tablet?
Dose prescribed by the doctor should never be missed and if missed, it should be consumed always as soon as you remember it. But, avoid taking a double dose if it’s already time for the second dose after that as it may lead to overdose of the drug
Q. What happens if I eat expired C Tax O Tablet?
Expired C Tax O Tablet might not exhibit effects or any undesirable effects. However, one should abstain from consuming expired drug.
Q. Onset time of C Tax O Tablet?
The effect of C Tax O Tablet can be seen within first 1-3 days of starting the therapy.
Q. Till when does the effect of C Tax O Tablet stays?
Although, the time taken by the drug to show its effect may vary with every individual patient.
You may read uses of Amlodipine, Aristozyme, Augmentin 625
6When to Avoid C Tax O Tablet?
Do not Consume C Tax O Tablet if:
- Allergy: In cases of known allergy to Cefixime or any other drug that belongs to the cephalosporin class or penicillin or other antibiotics.
- Colitis: In cases of patients with colitis as this drug is known to cause Pseudomembranous colitis in some cases
- Anticoagulant therapy: In cases of patients on anticoagulant therapy or any previous history of such therapy, Prothrombin time should be monitored at regular interval.
- Renal impairment: In cases of patients with renal impairment undergoing continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis and patient should be monitored continuously and dose alteration may be required in such cases.
- Liver disease: In cases of patients with liver disease.
7Precautions While Taking C Tax O Tablet:
- Dose alteration: Dose alteration may be required by the physician in patients with kidney or liver impairments.
- Allergy: C Tax O Tablet should be used with extra caution in patients with hypersensitivity or allergic history with antibiotics.
Warnings When Taking C Tax O Tablet
- There should be equally spaced time interval between two doses.
- Always consume the tablet with or after meals for better absorption.
- The drug must be used with caution in patients on anticoagulants or liver and renal impairment.
Also read about - Avil | Azee 500 Uses | Bandy Plus
8Side-Effects of C Tax O Tablet:
The side effects associated with C Tax O Tablet are:
- Pseudomembranous colitis (less common)
- Skin rashes (common)
- Urticaria (less common)
- Pruritis (common)
- Nausea (common)
- Erythema Multiforme (less common)
- Steven Johnson syndrome (less common)
- Transient elevation in liver enzymes like SGPT, SGOT and hepatitis and jaundice (less common)
- Acute renal failure (less common)
- Diarrhoea (common)
- Headache (less common)
- Dizziness (common)
- Seizures (less common)
- Genital pruritis (less common)
- Vaginitis (less common)
- Candidiasis (less common)
- Loose or frequent stools (common)
- Abdominal pain (common)
- Flatulence (less common)
- Dyspepsia (less common)
- Fever (less common)
- Angioedema (less common)
- Facial edema (less common)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to C Tax O Tablet?
- C Tax O Tablet is known to cause allergic reaction with symptoms like rashes, breathing difficulty, swelling of face, lip and throat.
- In case of any such signs, immediate medical help should be taken.
What are the effects of C Tax O tablet on organs?
C Tax O tablet should be used with caution in patients with liver impairment as it can affect the liver.
9Drug Interactions to be Careful About
It is always advisable to be careful of certain drug to drug or drug to food interactions when consuming C Tax O Tablet. Always be aware of the food items, other drugs or lab tests while consuming C Tax O Tablet. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with C Tax O
No particular food item to be avoided.
2. Medicines Interactions with C Tax O
All the potential drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advisable that the patient must inform the physician about of all the drugs/products you use. You must notify the doctor about the herbal products that you are currently consuming. You should never alter the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
The common drug interactions have been noticed with the following drugs:
- Contraceptive pills (mild)
- Amikacin (moderate)
- Cyclosporine (mild)
- Nifedipine (moderate)
- Alcohol (it may cause liver damage) (mild)
- Carbamazepine (increases the level of carbamazepine when given with C Tax O Tablet). (mild)
- Anticoagulants like warfarin leads to increased prothrombin time. (mild)
- Cholera Vaccine (mild)
- Probenecid (mild)
3. Effects of C Tax O on Lab Tests
C Tax O Tablet cause transient elevation in liver enzymes like SGPT, SGOT.
4. C Tax O’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Any Liver or kidney diseases.
Q. Can I have C Tax O Tablet with alcohol?
No, as consuming alcohol with C Tax O Tablet may cause liver damage. The doctor should always be consulted before taking alcohol with C Tax O Tablet.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
No particular food item is to be avoided.
Q. Can I have C Tax O Tablet when pregnant?
No adverse events have been reported with C Tax O Tablet in animal studies but still inform the doctor before taking C Tax O Tablet in cases of pregnancy or if you’re planning to conceive.
Q. Can I have C Tax O Tablet when feeding a baby?
Lactating mothers should use it only when necessary because it is excreted in human milk.
Therefore, the drug should be used with caution and the doctor should always be informed
Q. Can I drive after taking C Tax O Tablet?
C Tax O Tablet has no affect on the ability to drive but one should avoid driving or operating heavy machinery if drowsiness or dizziness occurs.
Also read about other medicine dosage - Betnovate N | Ctor | Dolo 650
10Buyer’s Guide – C Tax O Tablet Composition, Variant and Price
|C Tax O 10ml Drops||Cefixime 25mg/ml||Rs. 53.50 for 1 pack|
|C Tax O Forte 30ml Dry Suspension||Cefixime 100mg/5ml||Rs. 67.58 for 1 pack|
|C Tax O DT 100mg Tablet||Cefixime 100mg||Rs. 94.65 for 10 tablets|
|C Tax OF tablet||Cefixime 200mg + Ofloxacin 200mg||Rs. 113.70 for 10 tablets|
|C Tax O XL 200mg Tablet||Cefixime 200mg + Dicloxacillin 500mg + Lactobacillus 90 million cells.||Rs. 138.00 for 10 tablets|
|C Tax O DT 50mg Tablet||Cefixime 50mg||Rs. 49.50 for 10 tablets|
Buy & Get Upto 30% Discount: Saveonmedical | Practo
11Substitutes of C Tax O Tablet
The following are alternative drugs for C Tax O Tablet:
- Hifen 200 DT Tablet:
- Manufactured by Lyka Hetero.
- Price- Rs. 95.15
- Cefi 200 Tablet:
- Manufactured by Abbott.
- Price- Rs. 100.87
- Brutacef 200 DT Tablet:
- Manufactured by Mankind Pharma Ltd.
- Price- Rs. 92.6
- Cefirite 200mg Tablet:
- Manufactured by MHS Pharmaceuticals.
- Price- Rs. 80
Storage requirements for C Tax O Tablet
- Store the drug protected from light, moisture and direct heat at cool and dry place.
- Do not freeze the medication.
- Keep at a place where it is out of reach of children
12FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about C Tax O
Q. What is C Tax O Tablet?
Ans. C Tax O Tablet is a synthetically derived form of antibiotic which belongs to the class of cephalosporin.
C Tax O Tablet contains cefixime as its main active ingredient.
It is being used in cases of infections known to be caused by bacteria and is more effective against most of the other class of antibiotics as cefixime works well even in presence of beta lactamase enzyme secreted by bacterial cells as a self defence mechanism.
Q. What are the uses of C Tax O?
Ans. It is being used in cases of infections known to be caused by bacteria and is more effective against most of the other class of antibiotics as cefixime works well even in presence of beta lactamase enzyme secreted by bacterial cells as a self defence mechanism.
Q. What are the side effects of C Tax O?
Ans. The most common side effects of C Tax O are Pseudomembranous colitis, Skin rashes, Urticaria, Pruritis, Nausea, Erythema Multiforme
Q. How long does it take for C Tax O Tablet to show results?
Ans. The effect of C Tax O Tablet can be seen within first 1-3 days of starting the therapy.
Q. Should C Tax O Tablet be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. C Tax O Tablet should not be taken empty stomach to prevent any potential stomach upset and to have better absorption, it should be taken with or after food.
Q. Does C Tax O Tablet make you drowsy?
Ans. Yes, C Tax O Tablet may cause drowsiness/ sleepiness in few cases but it varies with every individual.
Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 C Tax O Tablet doses?
Ans. Ideal time gap of 4-6 hours should be there between two doses.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. C Tax O Tablet should be consumed as prescribed by the doctor and in case of any severity of symptoms, immediate medical help or consultation should be taken. And the doctor should be the one to decide when and how to stop the cycle of C Tax O Tablet.
Q. Does C Tax O Tablet effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. No, it generally doesn’t affect the menstrual cycle but one should always consult the doctor in case of pre existing menstrual problems before consuming the drug
Q. Is C Tax O Tablet safe for children?
Ans. C Tax O Tablet is safe to be administered in children but proper consultation and recommendation by the Paediatrician should be taken.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking C Tax O Tablet?
Ans. Any liver disorder or allergic reactions are to be taken into consideration before taking C Tax O Tablet.
Q. Is C Tax O Tablet legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
Similar Reads –
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.
13Authored By –