Table of Contents
- What is Calcirol?
- Uses of Calcirol
- How does Calcirol work?
- How to take Calcirol?
- Common Dosage for Calcirol
- When to Avoid Calcirol?
- Precautions While Taking Calcirol:
- Side-Effects of Calcirol:
- Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- Buyer’s Guide – Calcirol Composition, Variant and Price
- Substitutes of Calcirol
- FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Calcirol
- Authored By –
1What is Calcirol?
It is a medicine which is used for treatment and management of vitamin D deficiencies like rickets, osteoporosis and Fanconi syndrome, etc. Increased thirst & urination and photophobia are the major side effects at repetitive doses. It should be totally avoided in case of Vitamin D toxicity and in patients with increased calcium levels (hypercalcaemia).
Calcirol Composition: Cholecalciferol 60000 IU/GM.
Manufactured By: Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Prescription: Not required as it is available as OTC
Form: Sachets, capsules, drops, injections and syrups.
Price: Rs 43.00 for 1gm sachet.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Vitamin supplement