Skip to Content
- Q. What happens if I overdose on Calcirol?
- Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Calcirol?
- Q. What happens if I eat expired Calcirol?
- Q. What is the Onset time of Calcirol?
- Warnings When Taking Calcirol
- Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Calcirol?
- What are the effects of Calcirol on organs?
- 1. Food Interactions with Calcirol
- 2. Medicines Interactions with Calcirol
- 3. Effects of Calcirol on Lab Tests
- 4. Calcirol’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- Q. Can I have Calcirol with alcohol?
- Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Q. Can I have Calcirol when pregnant?
- Q. Can I have Calcirol when feeding a baby?
- Q. Can I drive after taking Calcirol?
- Storage requirements for Calcirol Tablets
- Q.What is Calcirol?
- Q. How effective it is/ How long does it take for Calcirol to show results?
- Q. Should Calcirol be taken on an empty stomach?
- Q. Does Calcirol make you drowsy?
- Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Calcirol Tablets?
- Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- Q. Does Calcirol effect my menstrual cycle?
- Q. Is Calcirol safe for children?
- Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Calcirol?
- Q. Is Calcirol legal in India?
1What is Calcirol?
It is a medicine which is used for treatment and management of vitamin D deficiencies like rickets, osteoporosis and Fanconi syndrome, etc. Increased thirst & urination and photophobia are the major side effects at repetitive doses. It should be totally avoided in case of Vitamin D toxicity and in patients with increased calcium levels (hypercalcaemia).
Calcirol Composition: Cholecalciferol 60000 IU/GM.
Manufactured By: Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Prescription: Not required as it is available as OTC
Form: Sachets, capsules, drops, injections and syrups.
Price: Rs 43.00 for 1gm sachet.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Vitamin supplement