Table of Contents
- 1 What is Calcirol?
- 2 Uses of Calcirol
- 3 How does Calcirol work?
- 4 How to take Calcirol?
- 5 Common Dosage for Calcirol
- 6 When to Avoid Calcirol?
- 7 Precautions While Taking Calcirol:
- 8 Side-Effects of Calcirol:
- 9 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 9.1 1. Food Interactions with Calcirol
- 9.2 2. Medicines Interactions with Calcirol
- 9.3 3. Effects of Calcirol on Lab Tests
- 9.4 4. Calcirol’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- 9.5 Q. Can I have Calcirol with alcohol?
- 9.6 Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 9.7 Q. Can I have Calcirol when pregnant?
- 9.8 Q. Can I have Calcirol when feeding a baby?
- 9.9 Q. Can I drive after taking Calcirol?
- 10 Buyer’s Guide – Calcirol Composition, Variant and Price
- 11 Substitutes of Calcirol
- 12 FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Calcirol
- 12.1 Q.What is Calcirol?
- 12.2 Q. How effective it is/ How long does it take for Calcirol to show results?
- 12.3 Q. Should Calcirol be taken on an empty stomach?
- 12.4 Q. Does Calcirol make you drowsy?
- 12.5 Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Calcirol Tablets?
- 12.6 Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- 12.7 Q. Does Calcirol effect my menstrual cycle?
- 12.8 Q. Is Calcirol safe for children?
- 12.9 Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Calcirol?
- 12.10 Q. Is Calcirol legal in India?
- 13 Authored By –
1What is Calcirol?
It is a medicine which is used for treatment and management of vitamin D deficiencies like rickets, osteoporosis and Fanconi syndrome, etc. Increased thirst & urination and photophobia are the major side effects at repetitive doses. It should be totally avoided in case of Vitamin D toxicity and in patients with increased calcium levels (hypercalcaemia).
Calcirol Composition: Cholecalciferol 60000 IU/GM.
Manufactured By: Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Prescription: Not required as it is available as OTC
Form: Sachets, capsules, drops, injections and syrups.
Price: Rs 43.00 for 1gm sachet.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Vitamin supplement