Table of Contents
- What is Calcium Gluconate?
- Uses of Calcium Gluconate
- How Does Calcium Gluconate Work?
- How to Take Calcium Gluconate?
- Calcium Gluconate Price In India
- Common Dosage for Calcium Gluconate?
- When to Avoid Calcium Gluconate?
- Side-Effects of Calcium Gluconate
- Effects of Calcium Gluconate on Organs?
- Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
- Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
- Effects/Results After Consuming Calcium Gluconate
- Is Calcium Gluconate addictive?
- Can I have Calcium Gluconate with alcohol?
- Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Can I have Calcium Gluconate when pregnant?
- Can I have Calcium Gluconate when feeding a baby?
- Can I drive after taking Calcium Gluconate?
- What happens if I overdose on Calcium Gluconate?
- What happens if I eat expired Calcium Gluconate?
- What happens if I miss a dose of Calcium Gluconate?
- Storage Requirements for Calcium Gluconate
- Pro Tips When Taking Calcium Gluconate
What is Calcium Gluconate?
Calcium Gluconate is a nutritional supplementation for people who have low levels of calcium in the body.
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: Medlife Coupon Code | Myra Coupon Code
Uses of Calcium Gluconate
Calcium Gluconate is used in the treatment of:
- Low blood calcium
- Weak bones
- Increasing the activity of the parathyroid gland
- High blood potassium
- Magnesium toxicity
Also Read: Amphotericin B Uses | Ampicillin Uses | Artesunate Uses
How Does Calcium Gluconate Work?
Calcium is very essential for the growth and maintenance of our body. Calcium Gluconate acts by maintaining the optimal level of calcium in the body.
How to Take Calcium Gluconate?
- Calcium Gluconate tablet must be swallowed as a whole with a glass of water.
- You must not chew, crush or break the tablet while taking it.
- If you are prescribed with syrup form them measure the quantity prescribed with measuring cup and drink it.
- Always shake the bottle before use.
- You may consume Calcium Gluconate on an empty or full stomach.
Calcium Gluconate Price In India
|Specifics||Calcium Gluconate Price|
|Vial of 10 ml Injection||Rs 79.80|
Also Read: Azathioprine Price | Cefotaxime Price
Common Dosage for Calcium Gluconate?
Calcium Gluconate is generally prescribed once or twice daily. Your doctor may alter your dosage and its frequency depending upon the severity of your condition.
When to Avoid Calcium Gluconate?
Avoid Calcium Gluconate if:
- You are allergic to any component of Calcium Gluconate
- You have a history of kidney stones
- You have a parathyroid gland disorder.
- You have high levels of calcium in body
Side-Effects of Calcium Gluconate
Some reported side effects of Calcium Gluconate are:
- Dry mouth
- Increased thirst
- Appetite loss
- Increased urination
- CNS depression
Effects of Calcium Gluconate on Organs?
Long-term use of Calcium Gluconate is not safe for the patients with kidney and liver disease Your doctor may adjust your dose as per your requirement.
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
Some of the common allergic reactions reported with Calcium Gluconate are hives, difficulty breathing, and swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
One needs to be careful of the following drug interactions when consuming Calcium Gluconate:
- Vitamin D supplements
- Cellulose sodium phosphate
- Calcium acetate
Effects/Results After Consuming Calcium Gluconate
The effect of Calcium Gluconate can be observed within 1 hour of administration. Your calcium levels in the body will start to improve after taking this medication.
Is Calcium Gluconate addictive?
Calcium Gluconate is not addictive in nature
Can I have Calcium Gluconate with alcohol?
It is better to avoid alcohol when on Calcium Gluconate. Consult your doctor about limiting alcohol with this medication. Co-consumption of alcohol with Calcium Gluconate causes excessive sleepiness and drowsiness.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
You must consult your doctor regarding the foods to be avoided.
Can I have Calcium Gluconate when pregnant?
It is generally safe to take Calcium Gluconate if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy. Consult your doctor before taking this medication.
Can I have Calcium Gluconate when feeding a baby?
It is generally safe to take Calcium Gluconate if you are breastfeeding or planning to breastfeed. Consult your doctor before taking this medication.
Can I drive after taking Calcium Gluconate?
It is generally safe to drive while taking Calcium Gluconate. However, if you experience drowsiness, dizziness, a headache or any side effect that alters your consciousness then it may not be safe to drive.
What happens if I overdose on Calcium Gluconate?
An overdose of Calcium Gluconate will not improve your symptoms. It may even cause serious side-effects like nausea, vomiting, constipation, appetite loss, confusion and loss of consciousness. Consult your doctor immediately in case of overdose.
What happens if I eat expired Calcium Gluconate?
If by mistake you consume a dose of expired calcium gluconate, the chances of harm are very less. It is advised to check the label for expiry date always before use.
What happens if I miss a dose of Calcium Gluconate?
As soon as you remember, take the missed dose. However, if it is already time for the next dose, carry on with your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
Storage Requirements for Calcium Gluconate
- Always store Calcium Gluconate at a temperature around 25 degree Celsius
- Storing in moisture-prone places like bathroom may damage the tablet
- Place the cap tightly after use of suspension form of Calcium Gluconate
- Keep Calcium Gluconate away from direct heat and sunlight
- Store it where your children and pets can’t reach
Pro Tips When Taking Calcium Gluconate
- Do not try to self-adjust the dose. Take it in the quantity prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not share your medication with anyone even if they have a similar condition.
- Discuss the pros and cons of Calcium Gluconate if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy or if you are breastfeeding.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines you are taking before starting on Calcium Gluconate.
- Your doctor must know about your allergies and hypersensitivities, if any, before prescribing Calcium Gluconate.
Other medicine's to read: Ceftazidime | Chloramphenicol | Supradyn