Table of Contents
- What is Candid B Cream?
- Best Offers on Candid B Cream
- Uses of Candid B Cream
- How does Candid B Cream work?
- How to use Candid B Cream?
- Candid B Cream Common Dosage
- When to Avoid Candid B Cream?
- Precautions While using Candid B Cream:
- Side-Effects of Candid B Cream:
- Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- Buyer’s Guide – Candid B Cream Composition, Variant and Price
- Substitutes of Candid B Cream
- FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Candid B Cream
- Authored By –
1What is Candid B Cream?
Candid B Cream is mainly used to prevent or treat skin infections and conditions like jock itch, ringworm infection. Rashes, itching and burning sensation are some of the side effects seen with Candid B cream, when applied in more than the prescribed amount. It should be totally avoided in case of allergic reactions and sensitive skin.
Candid B Cream Composition: Beclometasone topical (0.025%w/w) + Clotrimazole topical (1%w/w)
Manufactured by: Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Prescription: Not required as it is available as (Over the Counter) OTC drug.
Form: Cream, lotions, soap, drops and tablets
Price: Rs. 81.50 for 1 pack of 10 gm tube.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 2 years from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: antifungal and steroidal.
2Best Offers on Candid B Cream
Save on your medical expenses by ordering your medicines online. Check out the below given Medlife offers to avail discount on medicines.
|Best Offers on Candid B Cream|
|75% Off (Flat 25% Off + 50% PayPal Cash)||Get Offer|
|Upto 50% PayPal Cash||Get Offer|
|Upto Rs 500 Paytm Cash||Get Offer|
|Upto Rs 250 Amazon Pay Balance||Get Offer|
|100% Mobikwik SuperCash||Get Offer|
3Uses of Candid B Cream
Candid B Cream is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Oral infections: used to treat the fungal infection of the oral cavity (Candidiasis or Oral thrush)
- Dermatitis: Used to treat inflammation of the skin.
- Skin rashes: Used to treat rashes on the skin due to reasons like diaper
- Eczema: Used to treat skin conditions like Eczema
- Inflammation: Used to treat cases of inflammation of nose and outer ear
- Ringworm infection: Used in cases of ringworm infection
- Infection of genital area: Used to treat irritation and infection of skin in the genital areas like skin of groin region, penis and vagina
- Infection of unexposed skin area: Used to treat fungal infection of unexposed skin areas like skin folds, armpits and between the toes
- Others: Used to treat conditions or symptoms associated with conditions like Athlete’s foot and hay fever.
Also Read: Cefuroxime Axetil Uses | Cetzine Uses | Cheston Cold Uses
4How does Candid B Cream work?
- Candid B cream contains Clotrimazole and Beclometasone as its main ingredient.
- Clotrimazole is antifungal in nature and works by altering the cell wall permeability of fungal cells and depriving them of the intracellular elements and thereby killing the fungal cells.
- Beclometasone is a corticosteroid in nature and works by reducing the signs of inflammation like redness, swelling, and itching.
- Components of Candid B cream work together to reduce the fungal infection as well as the inflammation associated with the infection.
5How to use Candid B Cream?
- Candid B Cream is usually available in the Cream form.
- Gently wash the affected area before application, wash and dry your hands properly before applying Candid B Cream.
- Apply a thin layer of the cream over the affected area and let it be there on the skin for some time to have desired results.
- Wash hands immediately after applying the cream.
- Candid B Cream should not be applied in genital areas as the skin of the genital area is extra sensitive.
- Avoid excess of cream use as it may cause undesirable effects.
- It is advisable for the patient to go through the leaflet inside the package thoroughly to have a better understanding of how to handle the drug.
6Candid B Cream Common Dosage
- The dosage of the drug is to be decided by the doctor for every individual as per the age, weight, mental status, allergic history of the patient.
- The common usage of Candid B Cream is 2-3 times a day for a week over the affected area after properly cleaning the area.
- Infectious cases like Jock itch are treated for two weeks.
- Duration of Candid B Cream usage depends on the condition being treated.
- It is advisable to consult with a dermatologist or paediatrician before application of Candid B Cream in children.
- Only a thin layer is to be applied on the affected area.
Q. What happens if I overuse Candid B Cream?
Overuse of Candid B Cream may not result in an early cure but it may lead to increased chances of undesirable effects. Therefore, Candid B Cream usage should be followed strictly as per the prescription by the doctor and in overuse cases, immediate medical help should be taken to avoid undesirable effects.
Q. What happens if I miss an application of Candid B Cream?
Usage of Candid B Cream should always be as prescribed by the doctor and in case of missed application, always try to apply it as soon as you remember. But, avoid overusing it.
Q. What happens if I use expired Candid B Cream?
Expired Candid B Cream may not cause any undesirable effect but it is advisable to avoid using expired drug as it may not be efficacious enough to provide the needed results and the doctor should be immediately consulted in case of any undesirable symptoms after using the expired drug.
Q. Onset time of Candid B Cream and till when does the effect of Candid B Cream stay?
- Onset time of action for Candid B Cream can vary as per the condition being treated.
- Candid B Cream starts to exhibit results within a week of regular use.
- The time taken by the drug to show its effect may vary with every individual.
Also Read: Caripill Dosage | Cefixime Dosage
7When to Avoid Candid B Cream?
Do not use Candid B Cream if:
- Viral Infections: Candid B Cream should not be used in viral infections like chickenpox and herpes simplex as Candid B Cream is antifungal in nature.
- Allergy/Hypersensitivity: In known cases of allergy or hypersensitivity to Candid B Cream or any of its ingredients.
- Bacterial infections: Candid B Cream should not be used in cases suspected of bacterial origin.
8Precautions While using Candid B Cream:
- Allergic Reaction: Always seek medical help immediately in case of any allergic reaction, if occurs after using Candid B Cream.
- Avoid eye contact: Always apply the drug on the outer areas.
- Avoid Dose alteration: Drug alteration should be avoided unless stated by the doctor.
- Age criteria: It should be avoided in children without Pediatrician’s advice.
Warnings When using Candid B Cream
- Concomitant topical use of any other drug should be delayed for atleast 5-10 minutes while using Candid B Cream.
- Usage alteration without medical advice is not recommended.
- Candid B Cream should not be administered in children unless specified by the Paediatrician.
- Candid B cream should be avoided in cases of pregnancy and nursing mothers.
9Side-Effects of Candid B Cream:
The side effects associated with Candid B Cream are:
- Dizziness (less common)
- Rashes (less common)
- Burning sensation or skin irritation. (common)
- Redness of skin (less common)
- Skin peeling (rare)
- Itchiness of skin. (less common)
- Eye irritation (less common)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Candid B Cream?
Possible allergic reactions reported for Candid B Cream are:
- Rashes (less common)
- Breathlessness (less common)
- Itching (common)
What are the effects of Candid B Cream on organs?
No harmful/ undesirable effects of Candid B cream have been reported particularly on any organ yet.
10Drug Interactions to be Careful About
It is always advisable to be careful of a certain drug to drug or drug to food interactions when consuming Candid B Cream. Always be aware of the food items, other drugs or lab tests while consuming Candid B Cream. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Candid B Cream
No particular food item to be avoided.
2. Medicines Interactions with Candid B Cream
Since Candid B Cream is a topical drug, no other drugs have reactions with it unless any other topical drug is being used in the same area of application. It is always advisable that the patient must inform the physician about of all the drugs/products you use. You must notify the doctor about the herbal products that you are currently using. You should never alter the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
3. Effects of Candid B Cream on Lab Tests
Candid B Cream doesn’t affect any laboratory test results.
4. Candid B Cream’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Patients with allergic reactions and fungal infections.
Q. Can I have alcohol with Candid B Cream?
Interaction of Candid B Cream with alcohol is not known. Therefore, always consult the doctor before consuming alcohol with Candid B Cream.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
Q. Can I use Candid B Cream when pregnant?
No, it is advisable to consult the treating doctor before using in such situations. Always inform the doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
Q. Can I use Candid B Cream when feeding a baby?
Yes, Candid B Cream can be used for lactating mothers after consulting the doctor but avoid contacting the child with the drug and also avoid Candid B Cream application on breasts. Always notify the doctor in such cases.
Q. Can I drive after taking Candid B Cream?
Yes, Candid B Cream has no effect on driving but Candid B may cause drowsiness in few cases. Hence, it is advisable to take extra caution.
Also Read: Cefoperazone Sulbactam Side Effect | Cefpodoxime Proxetil Side Effect | Ceftum 500 Side Effect
11Buyer’s Guide – Candid B Cream Composition, Variant and Price
|Candid B Cream Variants||Candid B Cream Composition||Candid B Cream Price (Rs.)|
|Candid B 10gm Cream||Beclometasone 0.25% w/w + Clotrimazole 1% w/w||Rs. 85 for 1 pack|
|Candid B 20gm Cream||Beclometasone 0.25% w/w + Clotrimazole 1% w/w||Rs. 117 for 1 pack|
|Candid B 30ml Lotion||Beclometasone 0.25% w/v + Clotrimazole 1% w/v||Rs. 176 for 1 pack|
|Candid B 20ml Lotion||Beclometasone 0.25% w/v + Clotrimazole 1% w/v||Rs. 89.5 for 1 pack|
|Clotrimazole 1% w/w||Rs.78 for 1 pack|
|Candid 15gm Gel||Clotrimazole 1% w/w||Rs. 111.50 for 1 pack|
Buy & Get 20% Off: 1mg | Netmeds | Myra Medicines
12Substitutes of Candid B Cream
The following are alternative drugs for Candid B Cream:
- Clocip B 10gm cream:
- Manufactured by Cipla.
- Price- Rs.
- Triben-B 20gm Cream:
- Manufactured by Jenburkt Pharma.
- Price- Rs. 93.5
- Moncid B 20gm cream:
- Manufactured by Dermocare Laboratories.
- Price- Rs. 70
Storage requirements for Candid B Cream
- Candid B Cream drug should be stored at a moisture free, dry place at temperature below 25O C.
- Avoid freezing the drug
- Drug should be kept out of children’s reach.
13FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Candid B Cream
Q. What is Candid B Cream?
Ans. Candid B Cream is a topically used antifungal drug. Candid B Cream is effective against fungal skin infections.
Q. What are the uses of Candid B Cream?
Ans. Candid B Cream is mainly used to prevent or treat skin infections and conditions like jock itch, ringworm infection.
Q. What are the side effects of Candid B Cream?
Ans. The most common side effects of Candid B Cream are Dizziness, Rashes, Burning sensation or skin irritation, Redness of skin, Skin peeling
Q. How long does it take for Candid B Cream to show results?
Ans. Candid B Cream shows its effect within first week of application but one should continue the application unless asked to stop by the doctor.
Q. Does Candid B Cream make you drowsy?
Ans. Candid B Cream may cause drowsiness in few cases.
Q. What should be the time gap between the two applications of Candid B Cream?
Ans. An Ideal time gap of atleast 5-10 minutes should be there between two applications. However, one should never overuse Candid B Cream applications.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Candid B Cream should be used strictly as per the doctor’s advice. Withdrawal of Candid B Cream in between can lead to recurrence of symptoms.
The doctor should be the one to decide when and how to stop the cycle of Candid B Cream.
Q. Does Candid B Cream effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. Candid B Cream generally doesn’t affect the menstrual cycle as it for topical application only but always consult the doctor in case of pre existing menstrual problems before using the drug
Q. Is Candid B Cream safe for children?
Ans. Always consult the Paediatrician before applying Candid B Cream to children as a precautionary measure, as children’s skin is more sensitive as compared to adults.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before using Candid B Cream?
Ans. Any allergic history with Candid B Cream with symptoms like rashes, itching or burning sensation or same class of drugs, are to be taken into consideration before using Candid B Cream.
Q. Is Candid B Cream legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
Similar Reads –
- Mox 500 MG Capsule
- Nimesulide 100 MG Tablet
- Novamox 500 MG Capsule
- Ultracet (Acetaminophen And Tramadol)
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.