Table of Contents
- What is Caripill?
- Uses of Caripill
- How does Caripill work?
- How to take Caripill?
- Caripill Common Dosage
- When to Avoid Caripill?
- Precautions While Taking Caripill:
- Side-Effects of Caripill:
- Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- Buyer’s Guide – Caripill Composition, Variant and Price
- Substitutes of Caripill
- FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Caripill
- Authored By –
1What is Caripill?
It is primarily used to raise the platelet count to normal in conditions where platelet count gets affected like Dengue and Chikungunya fever. Abdominal pain and bloating are the common side effects at repetitive doses. It should be totally avoided in case of any allergic reaction to the drug.
Caripill Composition: Carica Papaya Leaf Extract 1100mg
Manufactured by: Micro Labs Ltd.
Prescription: Not Required (Available as OTC)
Form: Tablets and Syrup.
Price: Rs 440 for 15 Tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 36 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Platelet booster.
2Uses of Caripill
Caripill serves a great purpose in the prevention and treatment of following conditions:
- Chikungunya: Used to treat decreased platelet count in cases of patients suffering from chikungunya fever.
- Indigestion: Used to treat indigestion and the related symptoms like bloating etc. Enzymes in papaya leaf extract helps to metabolise fat and carbohydrates better.
- Bloating: Used in the cases of patients with bloating feeling.
- Ulcers: Used to provide relief in cases of stomach ulcers.
- Dengue: Used to treat decreased platelet count in cases of patients suffering from Dengue fever.
Also Read: Candid B Cream Uses | Cefixime Uses
3How does Caripill work?
- Caripill contains carica papaya leaf extract as its main active ingredient.
- Carica papaya extract contains papain enzyme proteolytic in nature and helps in digestion of proteins, fats and carbohydrates.
- Caripill induces the secretion of Interleukin 6 mediator which further aids in thrombopoetin production in the liver.
- Thrombopoetin is a hormone that helps and stimulates the platelet formation.
- Hence, Caripill helps to increase the platelet count in the blood.
4How to take Caripill?
- Caripill is available as tablets and syrups.
- Take the tablet orally with water with or without meal, preferably with meal as it prevents stomach upset.
- Do not chew or crush the tablets, instead swallow the tablets as a whole.
- When consuming the syrup, always shake the bottle well before use to have a homogenous mixture and use measuring cup for consumption of prescribed amount of drug.
- Do not alter the dose as per your own convenience.
- It is recommended for a patient to go through the leaflet inside the package thoroughly to have a better understanding of the drug.
5Caripill Common Dosage
- The dosage of the drug is to be decided by the doctor for every individual as per the age, weight, mental status, allergic history of the patient.
- Adult dose: a single 1100mg tablet, 2-3 times a day for 5 days or as advised by the doctor. The drug should not be discontinued until dengue fever resolves or the platelet count reaches its normal level.
- Children: 550mg (10ml) of syrup is advised 2-3 times a day or as advised by the pediatrician. Paediatric consultation is mandatory.
- Drug should be consumed at equal intervals, so that appropriate quantity of drug is present inside the body at all times.
Q. What happens if I overdose on Caripill?
Caripill should always be consumed as per the prescribed dose. Overdose can lead to some serious undesirable effects. The doctor or trained medical staff should be immediately consulted in case of overdose.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Caripill?
Caripill should always be taken as per the fixed time schedule and in case of missed dose, always try to consume it as soon as you remember. But, avoid taking the missed dose if it’s already time to take the second dose as it may lead to drug toxicity or drug overdose.
Q. What happens if I eat expired Caripill?
Expired Caripill may not cause any undesirable effect but it is advisable to avoid consuming expired drug as it may not be efficacious enough to provide the needed results and the doctor should be immediately consulted in case of any undesirable symptoms after consuming the expired drug.
Q. Onset time of Caripill?
The patient may start to feel recovered within first few days of the Caripill therapy.
Q. Till when does the effect of Caripill stay?
- The dose and duration of drug as advised by the doctor, should be followed strictly for complete cessation of all the symptoms
- The time taken by the drug to show its effect may vary with every individual.
6When to Avoid Caripill?
Do not Consume Caripill if:
Allergy: In known cases of allergy to Caripill or any of its ingredients.
7Precautions While Taking Caripill:
- Prolonged use: Do not use it for a longer period of time unless advised by the doctor.
- Allergic Reaction: Allergic reaction, if occurs after taking Caripill should be immediately reported to the doctor or trained medical staff.
- Avoid Dose alteration: Drug alteration should be avoided unless stated by the doctor.
Warnings When Taking Caripill
- Extra caution should be used while using the drug in patients on blood thinners.
- Consuming more than the prescribed dose may lead to bloating and irritation.
- Do not alter the dose without medical advice.
8Side-Effects of Caripill:
The side effects associated with Caripill are:
- Nausea (common)
- Dizziness (common)
- Allergic reactions (less common)
- Bloating (common)
- Abdominal Pain (less common)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Caripill?
Possible allergic reactions reported for Caripill are:
- Rashes (less common)
- Swelling of eye, face, lips, mouth or tongue (less common)
- Breathlessness (less common)
What are the effects of Caripill on organs?
No harmful effect of Caripill on any organ as such has been reported yet.
9Drug Interactions to be Careful About
It is always advisable to be careful of certain drug to drug or drug to food interactions when consuming Caripill. Always be aware of the food items, other drugs or lab tests while consuming Caripill. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Caripill
No particular food item to be avoided.
2. Medicines Interactions with Caripill
All the potential drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advisable that the patient must inform the physician about of all the drugs/products you use. You must notify the doctor about the herbal products that you are currently consuming. You should never alter the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
The common drug interactions have been noticed with the following drugs:
- Alcohol (mild)
- Metformin and Glimepiride (moderate): increases the hypoglycemic activity of metformin and glimepiride.
3. Effects of Caripill on Lab Tests
Caripill doesn’t affect any laboratory test results. Do consult with the treating physician before going for any laboratory investigation.
4. Caripill’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Any allergic reactions
Q. Can I have Caripill with alcohol?
Alcohol consumption is not advisable with Caripill as it may lead to increased chances of side effects like drowsiness. Always consult the doctor before consuming alcohol with Caripill.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
Q. Can I have Caripill when pregnant?
Caripill should only be administered when absolutely necessary during pregnancy and the benefits outweigh the risk. Always inform the doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
Q. Can I have Caripill when feeding a baby?
Caripill can be used in case of lactating mothers as no adverse effects of its constituents on foetus is seen yet but it is advisable to inform your doctor before consuming the drug.
Q. Can I drive after taking Caripill?
Yes, Caripill does not affect the ability to drive but some patients might experience dizziness or drowsiness and it is advisable to avoid driving or operating heavy machinery in such cases.
10Buyer’s Guide – Caripill Composition, Variant and Price
|Caripill 150ml syrup||Carica papaya leaf extract 275mg/5ml||Rs. 325.00 for 1 pack.|
Buy & Get 20% Off: Use 1mg Coupons | Netmeds Coupons | Myra Medicines Coupons
11Substitutes of Caripill
The following are alternative drugs for Caripill:
- Caripaya Tablet:
- Manufactured by Meyer Organics Pvt Ltd
- Price- Rs. 367.5
- Caricyte Tablet:
- Manufactured by icon Lifesciences
- Price- Rs. 240
- Thrombodale Tablet:
- Manufactured by Juggat Pharma
- Price- Rs. .361.5
- Zyborica Tablet:
- Manufactured by Milab Lifesciences.
- Price- Rs. 375
Storage requirements for Caripill
- The drug should be stored below 25°C and should be kept in a cool, dry place and away from direct heat and sunlight.
- Keep the drug in a place, where it is out of reach of children.
12FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Caripill
Q. What is Caripill?
Ans. Caripill is a carica papaya leaf extract and it is used in cases of low platelet count like Dengue and Chikungunya.
Q. What are the uses of Caripill ?
Q. What are the side effects of Caripill ?
Ans. The most common side effects of Caripill are Nausea, Dizziness, Allergic reactions, Bloating, Abdominal Pain
Q. How long does it take for Caripill to show results?
Ans. Caripill starts to show its effect within first few days of starting the drug therapy.
Q. Should Caripill be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. Caripill should preferably be taken after meals and not on empty stomach as it prevents stomach upset.
Q. Does Caripill make you drowsy?
Ans. Caripill may cause drowsiness in few rare cases but it varies with every individual.
Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Caripill doses?
Ans. Ideal time gap of at least 6-8 hours should be there between two doses to avoid Caripill toxicity or overdose.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Caripill should be consumed as prescribed by the doctor and in case of any severity of symptoms, immediate medical help or consultation should be taken.
And the doctor should be the one to decide when and how to stop the cycle of Caripill.
Q. Does Caripill effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. No, it generally doesn’t affect the menstrual cycle but one should always consult the doctor in case of pre existing menstrual problems before consuming the drug
Q. Is Caripill safe for children?
Ans. Caripill is safe to be administered in children. Proper consultation and recommendation by the Paediatrician is necessary.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Caripill?
Ans. Any allergic reactions are to be taken into consideration before taking Caripill.
Q. Is Caripill legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India
Similar Reads –
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.
13Authored By –