What is Carpela 21S Kit?
Carpela is a film coated hormonal tablet containing 0.035mg ethinylestradiol and 2.0mg cyproterone acetate.
Buy & Get Minimum 30% off: Netmeds Offers | Medlife Offers | Pharmeasy Offers
Uses of Carpela 21S Kit
- Carpela 21S Kit tablet is used for:
- Treatment of severe acne
- Idiopathic hirsutism (excessive growth of facial or body hair)
- Oral contraceptive for androgen dependant disease in women
- Prostate cancer
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia
How does Carpela 21S Kit work?
Carpela 21S Kit blocks the androgen receptor and reduces androgen synthesis.
How to Take Carpela 21S Kit?
- Carpela has to be taken regularly in order to achieve contraceptive protection. Each tablet should be taken at the same time every day for 21 days.
- The tablet has to be taken consecutively for 21 days followed by 7-day tablet-free interval.
- The tablet should be initiated on the 1st day of the menstrual cycle.
Know More: Haematinga Composition | Bravia Price | Cystelia Price | Feripro Price
Common Dosage for Carpela 21S Kit
- The time period for which it has to be used depends upon the severity of symptoms and response to treatment.
- Treatment is usually carried out for several months. Even after the signs have subsided, it is recommended to take Carpela tablets for 3-4 cycles.
- It is not indicated for men and girl child before menarche and elderly women after menopause.
When to Avoid Carpela 21S Kit?
Carpela 21S Kit should not be used in:
- Allergy to any of its components
- Patients with severe liver disease
- Patients with moderate to severe renal dysfunction
- Patients with sickle cell anemia
- Patients with presence or history of thromboembolic events like deep vein thrombosis, myocardial infarction.
- Suspecting pregnancy
- Patients with diabetes mellitus and hypertension
- Patients with undiagnosed vaginal bleeding
Side-effects of Carpela 21S Kit?
- Side effects are possible but do not always occur in all the patients. More commonly observed side effects may include:
- Breast changes including tenderness, secretion and enlargement
- Changes in menstrual flow
- Change in libido
- Alteration in hair pattern
- Mood changes
- Impaired liver changes
Effects on organs?
- Should be administered with caution in the patient suffering from liver and kidney disease.
- It should not be administered to patients within estrogen related neoplasms and thromboembolic disorders.
Reported Allergic Reactions?
- Report to your doctor if you are allergic to any of its ingredients. Signs of allergic reaction include :
- Rashes/itching of skin
- Chest tightness
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
All the possible drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advised that the patient must inform the physician about all the drugs/over the counter products/vitamin supplements used.
It may interact with the following drugs and products:
Read About: Ginette Precaution
Shows Effects / Results In
Treatment is usually carried out for several months. Even after the signs have subsided, it is recommended to take Carpela tablets for 3-4 cycles
Storage of Carpela 21S Kit
- Storage at room temperature away from direct light and heat unless mentioned in the package insert.
- Do not freeze the medicine.
- Keep medicines away from children and pets.
Pro Tips When Taking Carpela 21S Kit
- Women using oral contraceptives should be advised not to smoke as smoking increases the risk of myocardial infarction.
- Few laboratory tests like thyroid profile, glucose tolerance and liver profile can be altered in patients administering Carpela 21S Kit.
Frequently asked questions
Is Carpela Addictive?
No such tendency has been reported.
Can I have Carpela with alcohol?
Consumption of alcohol is not recommended when administering Carpela tablets.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
No alteration in its action seen with any food product.
Can I have Carpela when Pregnant?
Carpela 21S Kit is contraindicated in pregnant women.
Can I have Carpela 21S Kit when feeding a baby?
It is contraindicated in breast feeding mothers.
Can I drive after taking Carpela 21S Kit?
It does not affect your ability to drive.
What happens if I overdose on Carpela?
- Taking more medication or with increased frequency will not improve your symptoms earlier; rather it may cause serious side-effects.
- If anyone is suspected of an overdosage, seek medical care immediately.
What happens if I eat expired Carpela?
Taking a single dose may not cause any major adverse effect. However, the potency of the medicine may well have been reduced.
What happens if I miss a dose of Carpela?
Always consume the missed tablet as soon as you remember it. Contraception is maintained if it is administered within 12 hours. With additional delays, additional contraception is needed.