A Journey of a Thousand Miles Begins with a Single Step
It all began on this day, three years ago. As e-commerce was beginning its boom in India and people were having their first experiences with online shopping; one entrepreneurial husband and wife duo were getting ready for the launch of something truly amazing.
Rohan and Swati Bhargava had been patiently waiting for the e-shopping trend to begin in India. And once that happened, they knew exactly what had to be done next.
The entrepreneurial duo launched CashKaro.com, a first-of-its-kind online savings destination on April 11, 2013.
It has been three years since the big launch and CashKaro is going from strength to strength. Today, CashKaro has risen to being India’s No.1 Cashback & Coupons destination. With over 1000 retailers on board, CashKaro offers real cashback on any product that is purchased on its partner sites.
Here’s a look back at the amazing success journey of CashKaro.
2013: The Year When It All Began
Ideally at a time when e-commerce was starting to take over the brick-and-mortar business, CashKaro.com launched with an aim to give people the leverage of huge savings on online shopping.
This was the beginning of an incredible chapter – one that was about to give customers the power of incredible savings on anything and everything that is shopped online.
Within 6 months of launch, CashKaro hit a huge milestone of driving sales worth Rs 25 crores to its affiliates. There were a thousand transactions happening every day and the potential of a cashback website was being realized.
- Tie-ups are forged with top retailers like Snapdeal, Amazon India, Myntra and Jabong for offering cashback on orders.
- In July 2013, raised $750,000 from London-based angel investors belonging to companies like Paypal, Investec and Goldman Sachs.
2014: Driving Forward, Steering Clear
With key targets and goals achieved in the first year, CashKaro triumphantly entered into the second year of existence. This was testimony to the fact that the cashback model was a huge success.
Now the task was to stay clear of all competition and race ahead. Once again CashKaro was at it. More new tie-ups were forged and expansion was happening at a slow yet sure pace.
The constant addition of dependable talent with unfailing focus on the big picture made 2014 yet another year of huge success.
- CashKaro completes association with 500 e-commerce sites in India. Officially becomes the No.1 Cashback & Coupons website in India.
- In September 2014, the Official CashKaro Ad – Cashback Toh Banta Hai gets launched with 3 different episodes.
2015: The Force is With You
2015 was a wonderful year, all in all. First it was the successful association of CashKaro with over 1000 retailers for offering cashback on all customer’s orders. Then the constant attention from media and recognition all over. And finally, an approval to the success of the cashback business model as VC firm Kalaari Capital decided to invest in CashKaro.
Kalaari Capital which empowers visionary entrepreneurs and their startups gave their nod for Rs 25 crore investment into CashKaro.
That was just not it. There were so many more highs during the year. From being associated with Alibaba to offer cashbacks for wholesale purchases on Alibaba.com to rolling out the first ever Cashback Festival in India (Great Online Cashback Festival), CashKaro was constantly pushing limits and scaling new heights.
There was more surprise towards the year end as CashKaro moved into a new office space – gorgeous and productive!
- Two new features – Product Discovery and Price Comparison were added to CashKaro. This enables a user to search for cashback using product names and compare prices at of products.
- In April 2015, CashKaro became the first Indian site to strike a collaborative deal with Alibaba. Orders from wholesale.alibaba.com available with cashback.
- Co-founder Swati Bhargava represents India at the Blackbox Connect – Female Founders Edition 2015 (powered by Google for Entrepreneurs) in Silicon Valley, California.
- In October 2015, CashKaro rolled out a first of its kind Cashback Festival in India. The Great Online Cashback Festival (GOCF) held between 13th Oct and 16th Oct was huge success. The cashback extravaganza had huge saving deals and offers like never before.
- In November 2015, CashKaro raised Rs 25 crore as Series A funding from Kalaari Capital.
2016: The ‘Tata’ Way of Beginning a Year
Nothing can be more satisfying for an entrepreneur than getting a ticket of approval from one of the leading business visionaries in India. Ratan Tata, the Chairman Emeritus of Tata Sons came on board CashKaro when he decided to invest in the company on his personal behalf.
This was a dream come true for CashKaro. The invaluable years of experience and insight into various businesses that Mr Tata brings to the table would be immensely helpful in the continuous growth and success of CashKaro.
There could have never been a better start to this year for CashKaro. Backed by the very experienced VC firm (Kalaari Capital) and by business tycoon Ratan Tata, 2016 seems to be the year of establishing dominance for CashKaro.
As the birthday bells ring signalling the turn of 3 years for CashKaro, you can join in the celebration on social media (Facebook and Twitter) by using the hashtag #CashKaroTurns3. With exciting contests and competitions all day long, it is officially your chance to participate and win exciting prizes. Do check out the social pages of CashKaro now!
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/cashkaro/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/Cashkarocom