Ayurveda gives emphasis to keeping the body in balance with the help of natural means. There are many <benefits of Ayurvedic oils for hair growth. There are numerous ayurvedic herbs which stimulate hair growth when applied to your scalp in the form of warmed oils. In addition to promoting hair growth and regrowth, ayurvedic oils help condition your hair, prevent dandruff, dryness and hair damage etc.
All of us encounter hair-related issues like dryness, hair loss, hair thinning, baldness, dandruff, split ends and premature greying of hair. All these problems need a solution. So, it is time to reconsider your regular hair oil for an ayurvedic one.
Also Read: <Benefits of Beard Oils
Let us look at some of the reasons for hair loss:
- Hormonal Changes This is one of the factors which aid hair loss. Generally, women with Polycystic ovary syndrome(PCOS) or health problems like Hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid) etc. encounter hair loss. This issue is also common when women use oral contraceptives or during pregnancy, as there is a change in the normalcy of the hormones at that time.
- Nutritional Deficiency Anemia and deficiency of Vitamin E and B are known to be one of the root causes of hair fall.
- Stress Stress amounts to about 30% of the total causative factors of hair loss.
- Genetic Reasons Your genes also play a vital role in causing hair-related problems. Hair problems usually arise in the middle age, and you may notice this as your hair starts thinning thus leading to excess hair fall.
- Chemotherapy And Medications Some of the medications which tend to fight serious health issues like cancer etc., unfortunately, also promote hair fall.
- Styling Products This is another cause of hair loss as various styling products like serums, dyes etc. lead to dryness and dandruff because of the harsh chemicals present in them.
This Is Interesting: <Benefits of Vitamin E Oil For Hair Growth
Benefits Of Ayurvedic Oils For Hair Regrowth
Bhringraj is also known as Eclipta alba or false daisy. It is an Ayurvedic herb which serves as a great cure for people suffering from hair loss. As this oil is rich in protein, it can easily be mixed with coconut or sesame oil and used for scalp massage. This characteristic of Bhringraj stimulates new hair growth apart from restoring the natural colour of your hair, and reducing their dullness.
Brahmi, or Indian pennywort as it is called, is an ayurvedic herb used extensively for preventing premature hair loss. This also helps increase the strength, thickness and volume of your hair. Brahmi oil is made by mixing Brahmi with another oil such as sesame oil etc. This, when applied, is said to nourish your hair and promote hair growth.
Coconut oil is ideal for use when you are facing excess hair fall, hair thinning etc. It is used to condition, moisturize your hair and stimulate growth. Moreover, with a regular application, it slows down your hair-shedding process. You should also see how natural oils benefits your hair.
According to Ayurveda, Almond oil is used to treat dry and frizzy hair, which are more prone to split ends. It is rich in Vitamin E, calcium and magnesium which tend to add lustre and strength to your hair, apart from curbing hair fall.
Neem Seed Oil
Neem seed oil is rich in Vitamin E and fatty acids that have antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties. It can be combined with olive oil etc. and applied to your scalp. It prevents dandruff and boosts hair growth.
Sesame oil contains manganese, copper and several antioxidants which nourish your scalp and protect your hair from chlorine.
Amla or Indian gooseberry is rich in Vitamin C, tannins, polyphenols and flavonoids, which, when applied in the form of amla oil, gives you a rejuvenating and soothing effect. It also prevents thinning of your hair.
Other Stories About Natural Oils
- <Benefits of Natural Oils For Skin
- <Vitamin E Oil Benefits for Skin
- <Natural Oil Benefits for Dandruff
- <How To Grow Your Hair Faster?