Table of Contents
- What is Cefotum Plus?
- Uses of Cefotum Plus
- How does Cefotum Plus work?
- How to take Cefotum Plus?
- Cefotum Plus Common Dosage
- When to Avoid Cefotum Plus?
- Precautions While Taking Cefotum Plus:
- Side-Effects of Cefotum Plus:
- Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- Buyer’s Guide – Cefotum Plus Composition, Variant and Price
- Substitutes of Cefotum Plus
- FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Cefotum Plus
- Authored By –
1What is Cefotum Plus?
It is mainly used to prevent or treat bacterial infections like meningitis, upper respiratory tract infection and urinary tract infection. Antibiotic associated diarrhoea and transient alteration in blood counts are the major side effects at high repetitive doses. It should be totally avoided in case of liver and kidney dysfunction and allergic reactions.
Cefotum Plus Composition: Cefoperazone 1000mg +Sulbactam 500mg
Manufactured By: Biotics Research
Prescription: Required as it comes under schedule ‘H’.
Price: Rs 390 for 1 injection.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Antibiotic