Skip to Content
- Q. What happens if I overdose on Cefotum Plus?
- Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Cefotum Plus?
- Q. What happens if I eat expired Cefotum Plus?
- Q. Onset time of Cefotum Plus?
- Q. Till when does the effect of Cefotum Plus stays?
- Warnings When Taking Cefotum Plus
- Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Cefotum Plus?
- What are the effects of Cefotum Plus on organs?
- 1. Food Interactions with Cefotum Plus
- 2. Medicines Interactions with Cefotum Plus
- 3. Effects of Cefotum Plus on Lab Tests
- 4. Cefotum Plus’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- Q. Can I consume alcohol after getting Cefotum Plus administered?
- Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Q. Can I get Cefotum Plus administered when pregnant?
- Q. Can I get Cefotum Plus administered when feeding a baby?
- Q. Can I drive after getting Cefotum Plus administered?
- Storage requirements for Cefotum Plus
- Q. What is Cefotum Plus?
- Q. What are the uses of Cefotum Plus?
- Q. What are the side effects of Cefotum Plus?
- Q. How long does it take for Cefotum Plus to show results?
- Q. Should Cefotum Plus be administered on an empty stomach?
- Q. Does Cefotum Plus make you drowsy?
- Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Cefotum Plus doses?
- Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- Q. Does Cefotum Plus effect my menstrual cycle?
- Q. Is Cefotum Plus safe for children?
- Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Cefotum Plus?
- Q. Is Cefotum Plus legal in India?
1What is Cefotum Plus?
It is mainly used to prevent or treat bacterial infections like meningitis, upper respiratory tract infection and urinary tract infection. Antibiotic associated diarrhoea and transient alteration in blood counts are the major side effects at high repetitive doses. It should be totally avoided in case of liver and kidney dysfunction and allergic reactions.
Cefotum Plus Composition: Cefoperazone 1000mg +Sulbactam 500mg
Manufactured By: Biotics Research
Prescription: Required as it comes under schedule ‘H’.
Price: Rs 390 for 1 injection.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Antibiotic