Table of Contents
- 1 What is Cetaphil?
- 2 Uses of Cetaphil
- 3 How does Cetaphil work?
- 4 Cetaphil Price in India
- 5 How to take Cetaphil?
- 6 Common dosage of Cetaphil
- 7 When to avoid Cetaphil & Precautions to take?
- 8 Side Effects of Cetaphil
- 9 Effect on organs?
- 10 Reported allergic reactions?
- 11 Drug interactions to be careful about?
- 12 Shows effects
- 13 Storage Requirements for Cetaphil
- 14 Pro Tips when taking Cetaphil
- 15 FAQS
- 16 Is Cetaphil addictive?
- 17 Can I have Cetaphil with alcohol?
- 18 Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 19 Can I have Cetaphil when pregnant?
- 20 Can I have Cetaphil when feeding a baby?
- 21 Can I drive after taking Cetaphil?
- 22 What happens if I overdose on Cetaphil?
- 23 What happens if I eat expired Cetaphil?
- 24 What happens if I miss a dose of Cetaphil?
- 25 Similar Reads
Cetaphil Composition – Water+Cetyl Alcohol+Propylene Glycol+Sodium Lauryl Sulfate+Stearyl Alcohol+Methylparaben+Propylparaben+Butylparaben
Manufactured By – Galderma
Prescription – Prescription not Required
Form – Lotion
Price – Rs 1499
Quantity – 50 ML
What is Cetaphil?
- Cetaphil is an antibacterial medication which is used to provide effective and gentle skin care that softens and soothes healthy looking skin.
- Cetaphil is an emollient and is sometimes contained in products that also treat acne, chapped lips, diaper rash, cold sores, or other minor skin irritation.
Apply Codes & Save Money: Myra Medicines Coupon Code | 1mg Coupon Code
Uses of Cetaphil
Cetaphil is prescribed for:
- Dry, itchy, scaly skin
- Minor skin irritations like skin burns from radiation therapy and diaper rash
Also Read: Champix Uses
How does Cetaphil work?
Dry skin is usually caused by loss of water in the upper layer of the skin. Emollients like Cetaphil work by forming an oily layer on the top of the skin that traps water in the skin.
Cetaphil Price in India
|Specifics||Cetaphil Price in India|
|Cetaphil Moisturising Lotion||Rs.316|
|Cetaphil Moisturising Cream||Rs.328|
|Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser||Rs.384|
|Cetaphil Dam Lotion||Rs.149|
|Cetaphil Restoraderm Body Moisturizer||Rs.1486|
|Cetaphil OS Cleanser||Rs.401|
Know About: Champix Price
How to take Cetaphil?
- Cetaphil is administered topically in the form of lotion, cleanser, and shampoo.
- Clean the affected area and apply this product when skin is wet or damp.
- Apply topical emollient to the affected area in small amount and rub in gently.
Common dosage of Cetaphil
Apply a thin layer of cetaphil over the affected area when the skin is damp.
Checkout: Canesten Dosage
When to avoid Cetaphil & Precautions to take?
- Avoid using Cetaphil if you are allergic to it or any other inactive ingredients present along with it.
- Avoid applying cetaphil over deep wounds or open sores, near eyes, mouth and genital area.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight or tanning beds as it can make skin more sensitive to sunlight or UV rays.
- Wash your hands before and after application of cetaphil.
Side Effects of Cetaphil
- Burning or redness on the skin
Effect on organs?
Severe effects on organs are not known.
Reported allergic reactions?
Allergic reactions although rare, may include:
- Swelling of face, throat, hands/legs
Drug interactions to be careful about?
No drug interactions have been reported yet. Tell your doctor if you are using any other medicine while receiving cetaphil.
Cetaphil results in hydrating the skin thus preventing it from drying.
Storage Requirements for Cetaphil
- Keep it in an air-tight container.
- Keep it away from direct light or moisture.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
Pro Tips when taking Cetaphil
- To help prevent dry skin, use lukewarm water when bathing.
- Use a humidifier in your house when the air is very dry.
- Instead of bathing, take showers on alternative days.
Is Cetaphil addictive?
Can I have Cetaphil with alcohol?
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Can I have Cetaphil when pregnant?
Yes; only if benefit outweigh the risks.
Can I have Cetaphil when feeding a baby?
Ask your doctor.
Can I drive after taking Cetaphil?
What happens if I overdose on Cetaphil?
Overdose of Cetaphil is not possible due to its topical application. However if swallowed it may cause adverse reactions.
What happens if I eat expired Cetaphil?
Expired Cetaphil may become ineffective in treating your prescribed conditions, thus to be on the safe side, it is important not to use expired drug.
What happens if I miss a dose of Cetaphil?
If you miss a dose of Cetaphil, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double dose for a missed one.