Published by Malayala Manorama, Vanitha is a fortnightly women’s magazine. Vanitha literally translates to ‘woman’ in Malayalam. It is not a strictly women’s magazine anymore and features content on various issues.
Here are some facts about Vanitha!
- It was launched in 1975, the international year for women.
- Women loved this magazine immediately as it was a perfect blend of tradition and modernity.
- It features content about grooming, etiquettes, fashion, cinema, sports and fitness.
- Vanitha is credited for empowering women in Kerala and helping them break gender barriers.
- It initially started as a monthly magazine but began to get published on a fortnightly basis since 1987.
- A Hindi version of the magazine is also published since 1997.
Aimed to promote awareness and health among women, Vanitha has been helping women in Kerala overcome a lot of obstacles. Start reading Vanitha or recommend to someone who might need it today!
Check out Before Buying: Magzter offers