Skip to Content
- Q. What happens if I overdose on Chymoral Forte?
- Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Chymoral Forte?
- Q. What happens if I eat expired Chymoral Forte?
- Q. Onset time of Chymoral Forte?
- Q. Till when does the effect of Chymoral Forte stays?
- Warnings When Taking Chymoral Forte
- Side-Effects of Chymoral Forte:
- Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Chymoral Forte?
- What are the effects of Chymoral Forte on organs?
- 1. Food Interactions with Chymoral Forte
- 2. Medicines Interactions with Chymoral Forte
- 3. Effects of Chymoral Forte on Lab Tests
- 4. Chymoral Forte’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- Q. Can I have Chymoral Forte with alcohol?
- Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Q. Can I have Chymoral Forte when pregnant?
- Q. Can I have Chymoral Forte when feeding a baby?
- Q. Can I drive after taking Chymoral Forte?
- Storage requirements for Chymoral Forte
- Q. What is Chymoral Forte?
- Q. What are the uses of Chymoral Forte?
- Q. What are the side effects of Chymoral Forte?
- Q. How long does it take for Chymoral Forte to show results?
- Q. Should Chymoral Forte be taken on an empty stomach?
- Q. Does Chymoral Forte make you drowsy?
- Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Chymoral Forte doses?
- Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- Q. Does Chymoral Forte effect my menstrual cycle?
- Q. Is Chymoral Forte safe for children?
- Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Chymoral Forte?
- Q. Is Chymoral Forte legal in India?
What is Chymoral Forte?
It is basically used to treat inflammatory conditions like burns, oedema, dental infection. Nausea, vomiting, and loss of appetite are the most commonly seen side effect at high repetitive doses. It should be totally avoided in patients with bleeding disorders, liver or renal impairment and allergic cases.
Chymoral Forte Composition: Trypsin-Chymotrypsin 100000 AU
Manufactured By: Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Price: Rs. 351.50 for 20 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Anti-inflammatory + Anti Oxidant
Uses of Chymoral Forte
Chymoral Forte is used to prevent or treat the following conditions:
- Trauma: Used to manage and provide relief in cases of trauma caused by surgical procedures.
- Injury: Used to treat swelling in cases of muscle and joint injuries.
- Oedema: Used to treat and relieve oedema (swelling) caused by trauma and inflammation.
- Burns: Used to provide relief in cases of patients with burns as the drug helps to reduce the inflammation.
- Hematomas: Used to treat cases of Hematomas.
- Dental Infection: Used to reduce swelling and inflammation in cases of dental infection (periapical infection) or tooth extraction.
- Cataract surgery: Used as post-surgery medication in cases of cataract surgery.
- Post delivery: Used in cases of post caesarean delivery to provide relief and reduce inflammation.
- Others: Used in cases of Asthma and Bronchitis, to help making the mucus thin and aiding in its removal.
Also Read: Crocin Advance Uses | Cremaffin Uses | Combiflam Uses
How does Chymoral Forte work?
- Chymoral Forte contains Trypsin and Chymotrypsin as its active ingredient.
- Chymotrypsin and Trypsin are active enzymes that speed up the chemical reactions of the body.
- Chymoral forte helps to relieve signs of inflammation like swelling and helps in early recovery.
- Chymoral forte has Anti-inflammatory, Antioxidant, Anti edematous and fibrinolytic properties.
How to take Chymoral Forte?
- Chymoral Forte is present in the form of tablets.
- Chymoral Forte tablet can be taken by mouth with a glass of water with or without food.
- Administration of Chymoral forte one hour before a meal has shown better results.
- Chymoral Forte tablet should never be chewed or crushed. It should be swallowed as a whole.
- Chymoral Forte tablet should be taken with an equal time interval between two doses.
- Chymoral Forte should be consumed as soon as symptoms of pain and swelling are observed.
- It is advisable to go through the pack insert properly before consuming the drug to have a better understanding of the drug.
Chymoral Forte Common Dosage
- The dosage of the drug is to be decided by the doctor for every individual as per the age, weight, mental status, allergic history of the patient.
- The common Adult dose of Chymoral Forte tablet is a single tablet 2-3 times in a day or as prescribed by the physician.
- Equally spaced time interval should be maintained between two doses of the drug.
- Dose alteration and prolonged use should be avoided without proper medical consultation.
- Pediatrician should be consulted when administering pediatric dose as it is usually not recommended for children.
Q. What happens if I overdose on Chymoral Forte?
Chymoral Forte should be consumed strictly as prescribed by the doctor. Dose alteration and overdose can lead to increased risk of side effects. In case of any symptoms of overdose, Immediate medical help should be taken.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Chymoral Forte?
The dose prescribed by the doctor should never be missed and if missed, it should be consumed always as soon as you remember it. But, avoid taking a double dose if it’s already time for the second dose after that as it may lead to an overdose of the drug
Q. What happens if I eat expired Chymoral Forte?
Expired Chymoral Forte might not exhibit effects or any undesirable effects. However, one should abstain from consuming the expired drug. Always check the expiry date of the drug before consuming it.
Q. Onset time of Chymoral Forte?
One may start to feel recovered within a few days of treatment.
Q. Till when does the effect of Chymoral Forte stays?
- Although, the time taken by the drug to show its effect may vary with every individual patient.
- One should consult the doctor in case of no relief from symptoms even after consuming the drug properly
Also Read: Daflon Dosage | Crocin Dosage | Biluma Cream Dosage
When to Avoid Chymoral Forte?
Do not Consume Chymoral Forte if:
- Allergy: In cases of patient allergic to the drug or its component.
- Liver impairment: In cases of liver impairment or disease.
- Kidney Disease: In cases of moderate to severe renal impairment or disease.
- Bleeding disorders: In cases of patients with bleeding disorders.
Precautions While Taking Chymoral Forte:
- Time interval: Always maintain equally spaced time interval between two doses.
- Pregnancy: Try to avoid or use extra caution while using the drug in pregnant women as it is not considered safe for pregnant women.
- Lactating mothers: Extra caution should be used in cases of lactating mothers.
Warnings When Taking Chymoral Forte
- The doctor should always be notified in cases of allergy to Chymoral Forte.
- Extra caution should be used while using the drug in patients with liver and kidney impairment.
Side-Effects of Chymoral Forte:
The side effects associated with Chymoral Forte are:
- Vomiting (common)
- Nausea (common)
- Bloating (common)
- Loss of appetite (less common)
- Stomachache (less common)
- Allergic reactions (less common)
- Increased eye pressure and swelling. (less common)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Chymoral Forte?
- Chymoral Forte is known to cause an allergic reaction with symptoms like rashes, breathing difficulty, swelling of face, lip and throat.
- In case of any such signs, immediate medical help should be taken.
What are the effects of Chymoral Forte on organs?
- Chymoral Forte can affect liver and kidney functions.
- It is advisable to use Chymoral forte with caution in cases of patients with liver and kidney impairment.
- Dose modification may be required in such cases.
Drug Interactions to be Careful About
It is always advisable to be careful of a certain drug to drug or drug to food interactions when consuming Chymoral Forte. Always be aware of the food items, other drugs or lab tests while consuming Chymoral Forte. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Chymoral Forte
No particular food item to be avoided.
2. Medicines Interactions with Chymoral Forte
All the potential drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advisable that the patient must inform the physician about of all the drugs/products you use. You must notify the doctor about the herbal products that you are currently consuming. You should never alter the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
The common drug interactions have been noticed with the following drugs:
- Alcohol (mild)
- Muscle relaxants (mild)
- Anti-anxiety and antidepressants (mild)
- Antiepileptic (moderate)
- Sedatives (mild)
- Anti-allergic drugs (moderate)
3. Effects of Chymoral Forte on Lab Tests
Chymoral Forte does not affect any lab tests as such.
4. Chymoral Forte’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Any Liver or kidney diseases or allergic reaction.
Q. Can I have Chymoral Forte with alcohol?
No, as consuming alcohol with Chymoral Forte may cause drowsiness or sleepiness in few cases. The doctor should always be consulted before taking alcohol with Chymoral Forte.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
No particular food item is to be avoided.
Q. Can I have Chymoral Forte when pregnant?
No, Chymoral Forte during pregnancy should be avoided. The doctor should always be informed if you are pregnant or planning to conceive.
Q. Can I have Chymoral Forte when feeding a baby?
No, lactating mothers should avoid consuming Chymoral Forte because its secretion in human milk is not known. The doctor should always be informed in such cases.
Q. Can I drive after taking Chymoral Forte?
Chymoral Forte may cause drowsiness or sleepiness. Therefore, one should avoid driving or operating heavy machinery if any of these symptoms appear after taking Chymoral Forte.
Also Read About: Cobadex Forte Side Effects | Colicaid
Buyer’s Guide – Chymoral Forte Composition, Variant and Price
|Chymoral Forte Variants||Chymoral Forte Composition||Chymoral Forte Price (Rs.)|
|Chymoral Forte DS Tablet||Trypsin- Chymotrypsin 200000 AU||Rs. 303.10 for 10 tablets|
|Chymoral Plus Tablet||Trypsin- Chymotrypsin 50000 AU + Diclofenac 50mg||Rs. 136.40 for 15 tablets|
|Chymoral AP Tablet||Trypsin- Chymotrypsin 50000 AU + Aceclofenac 100mg + Paracetamol 325mg||Rs. 100.20 for 10 tablets|
|Chymoral BR Tablet||Trypsin- Chymotrypsin 50000 AU + Rutoside Trihydrate 100mg + Bromelain 90mg||Rs. 205.30 for 10 tablets|
|Chymoral Plain Tablet||Trypsin- Chymotrypsin 50000 AU||Rs. 68.00 for 10 tablets|
Buy & Get Upto 20% Off: 1mg Coupons | Netmeds Offers | Medlife Coupons | Pharmeasy Coupons
Substitutes of Chymoral Forte
The following are alternative drugs for Chymoral Forte:
- Flotrip Forte Tablet:
- Manufactured by Mankind Pharma Ltd.
- Price- Rs. 87.72
- Chymocip Tablet:
- Manufactured by Cipla
- Orthal Forte Tablet:
- Manufactured by Cipla
- Price- Rs. 308
- K Trip Forte Tablet:
- Manufactured by FDC Limited
- Price- Rs. 92.5
Storage requirements for Chymoral Forte
- Store the Chymoral Forte tablet at room temperature away from direct heat or sunlight.
- Keep it at a place away from children’s reach.
FAQs – 12 Important Questions Answered about Chymoral Forte
Q. What is Chymoral Forte?
Ans. Chymoral Forte is a dual component drug that contains Trypsin-Chymotrypsin as its main active ingredient. Chymoral Forte is a synthetic form of enzymes that help to treat the inflammatory process and symptoms like swelling, pain, etc.
Q. What are the uses of Chymoral Forte?
Ans. It is used Trauma, Oedema, Burns, Hematomas, Dental Infection
Q. What are the side effects of Chymoral Forte?
Ans. The most common side effects of Chymoral Forte are Vomiting, Nausea, Bloating, Loss of appetite, Stomachache
Q. How long does it take for Chymoral Forte to show results?
Ans. The effects of Chymoral Forte can be seen within 1-2 days of starting drug therapy.
Q. Should Chymoral Forte be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. Chymoral Forte shows the best result when consumed one hour before a meal but should be taken with or after food in cases of stomach problems.
Q. Does Chymoral Forte make you drowsy?
Ans. No, Chymoral Forte does not cause drowsiness but it varies with every individual.
Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Chymoral Forte doses?
Ans. An ideal time gap of 4-6 hours should be there between two doses.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Chymoral Forte should be consumed as prescribed by the doctor and in case of any severity of symptoms, immediate medical help or consultation should be taken. The doctor should be the one to decide when and how to stop the cycle of Chymoral Forte.
Q. Does Chymoral Forte effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. No, it generally doesn’t affect the menstrual cycle but one should always consult the doctor in case of pre-existing menstrual problems before consuming the drug
Q. Is Chymoral Forte safe for children?
Ans. Chymoral Forte should not be administered in children without proper consultation and recommendation by the Paediatrician should be taken.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Chymoral Forte?
Ans. Any allergic reactions, liver, and kidney impairments are to be taken into consideration before taking Chymoral Forte.
Q. Is Chymoral Forte legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.