Table of Contents
- What is Cisplatin?
- What does Cisplatin contain?
- Uses of Cisplatin
- How Does Cisplatin Work?
- How to Take Cisplatin?
- Cisplatin Price In India
- Common Dosage for Cisplatin?
- When to Avoid Cisplatin?
- Side-Effects of Cisplatin
- Effects of Cisplatin on Organs?
- Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
- Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
- Effects/Results After Consuming Cisplatin
- Is Cisplatin addictive?
- Can I have Cisplatin with alcohol?
- Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Can I have Cisplatin when pregnant?
- Can I have Cisplatin when feeding a baby?
- Can I drive after taking Cisplatin?
- What happens if I overdose on Cisplatin?
- What happens if I eat expired Cisplatin?
- What happens if I miss a dose of Cisplatin?
- Storage Requirements
- Pro Tips When Taking Cisplatin
Cisplatin Composition – Cisplatin 50 MG
Manufactured By – Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
Prescription – Prescription Required
Form – Injection
Price – Rs 315
Quantity – 50mg in 1 injection
What is Cisplatin?
Cisplatin is an anticancer drug which is used as chemotherapy in cancer patients.
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: Pharmeasy
What does Cisplatin contain?
The main ingredient of Cisplatin is platinum.
Uses of Cisplatin
- Ovarian cancer
- Cervical cancer
- Testicular cancer
- Breast cancer
- Bladder cancer
- Head and neck cancer
- Esophageal cancer
- Lung cancer
- Brain tumors
- Adrenal gland cancer
Also Read: Chlorpheniramine Maleate Uses | Chlorthalidone Uses
How Does Cisplatin Work?
Cisplatin works by damaging the DNA and RNA of the cells with cancer thereby stopping their growth and multiplication. This results in stopping of cancer from spreading.
How to Take Cisplatin?
Cisplatin is an infusion which will be given to you by a doctor or a nurse. They will inject this medication into your blood vessels.
Cisplatin Price In India
|Vial of 50 mg Injection||Rs 477.00|
Other medicine's Price: Danazol Price | Dapsone Price
Common Dosage for Cisplatin?
Cisplatin is infused into your body over a period of 6 to 8 hours every 3 to 4 weeks time. Your doctor may alter your dosage and its frequency depending upon the severity of your condition.
When to Avoid Cisplatin?
Avoid Cisplatin if:
- You are allergic to any component of this drug
- You have a blood-related disorder
- You have a hearing problem
- You have an imbalance of minerals in the body
- You have kidney stones
- You are suffering from gout
Side-Effects of Cisplatin
- Ear damage
- Ringing in ear
- Hearing loss
- Hair loss
- Decreased blood cells
- Increased risk of infection
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Injection site pain and swelling
Other medicine Side Effect: Cotrimoxazole Side Effect
Effects of Cisplatin on Organs?
Long term use of Cisplatin is not safe for the patients with kidney and liver disease. Your doctor may adjust your dose as per your requirement.
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
Some of the common allergic reactions reported with Cisplatin are hives, difficulty breathing, and swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
- Any vaccine
- Amphotericin B
- Nalidixic acid
- Seizure medication
Effects/Results After Consuming Cisplatin
The effect of Cisplatin can be observed within 1 hour of administration. Your allergic symptoms will start to improve after taking this medication.
Things to Know About Cisplatin
Is Cisplatin addictive?
Cisplatin does not cause addiction.
Can I have Cisplatin with alcohol?
It is better to avoid alcohol when on Cisplatin. Consult your doctor about limiting alcohol with this medication. Co-consumption of alcohol with Cisplatin causes excessive sleepiness and drowsiness.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
You must consult your doctor regarding the foods to be avoided.
Can I have Cisplatin when pregnant?
In most cases, it is not safe to take Cisplatin if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy. Consult your doctor if it is absolutely necessary to take this medication.
Can I have Cisplatin when feeding a baby?
Cisplatin is known to pass in mother’s milk to baby. Consult your doctor if it is absolutely necessary to take this medication while you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive after taking Cisplatin?
It is not safe to drive if you experience drowsiness, dizziness, a headache or any side effect that alters your consciousness.
What happens if I overdose on Cisplatin?
Cisplatin is given to you by health care provider or a nurse, so the chances of overdose are very less.
What happens if I eat expired Cisplatin?
Cisplatin is given to you by a health care provider or a nurse, so the chances of expired drug administration are very less.
What happens if I miss a dose of Cisplatin?
Cisplatin is given to you by a health care provider or a nurse, so the chances of missed dose are very less.
- Always store Cisplatin in a refrigerator
- Do not store this medication in freezer
- Store it where your children and pets can’t reach
Pro Tips When Taking Cisplatin
- Do not try to self-adjust the dose. Take it in the quantity prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not share your medication with anyone even if they have a similar condition.
- Discuss the pros and cons of Cisplatin if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy or if you are breastfeeding.
- Drink a lot of fluid and urinate frequently to avoid kidney impairment
- Do not let Cisplatin come into contact with your skin.
- Use caution when using sharp objects.
Also read about other medicine's: Clarithromycin | Cyclophosphamide