Table of Contents
- What is Citralka?
- Best Offers on Citralka
- Uses of Citralka
- How does Citralka work?
- What are the effects of Citralka on organs?
- How to take Citralka?
- Common Dosage for Citralka
- When to Avoid Citralka?
- Precautions While Taking Citralka
- Side-Effects of Citralka
- Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- Buyer’s Guide – Citralka Composition, Variant and Price
- Substitutes of Citralka
- FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Citralka
- Authored By –
What is Citralka?
Used mainly to treat or neutralize the excess amount of acid present in blood and urine. Fatigue, tiredness and excessive urine production are the major side effects of Citralka in high doses. Citralka should never be used in cases of severe kidney disorders.
Citralka Composition: Disodium hydrogen citrate 1.53 GM/ 5ML
Manufactured By: Pfizer Ltd.
Prescription: Not required, available as over the counter drug (OTC)
Price: Rs 71.65 for 100 ml Syrup.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Buffering agent.
Best Offers on Citralka
Save on your medical expenses by ordering your medicines online. Check out the below given Medlife offers to avail discount on medicines.
|Best Offers on Citralka|
|75% Off (Flat 25% Off + 50% PayPal Cash)||Get Offer|
|Upto 50% PayPal Cash||Get Offer|
|Upto Rs 500 Paytm Cash||Get Offer|
|Upto Rs 250 Amazon Pay Balance||Get Offer|
|100% Mobikwik SuperCash||Get Offer|
Uses of Citralka
Citralka is used mainly to prevent or treat conditions like:
- Renal Calculi: Used in cases of kidney stones (renal calculi).
- Acidosis: Used in cases of acidosis to neutralize the excess amount of acid.
- UTI: Used in cases of Urinary tract infection (UTIs) to treat burning micturition during urination.
- Gout: Used in cases of Gout as it decreases the chance of uric acid stones in a nascent stage of uricosuric therapy
Also Read: Ciprofloxacin Uses | Clavam 625 Uses
How does Citralka work?
- Citralka is composed of disodium hydrogen citrate which is a base.
- It acts like buffer inside the body and helps to remove or neutralize the excess acid inside the urine or blood.
What are the effects of Citralka on organs?
Citralka should be used with caution and after proper medical consultation in cases of liver and kidney diseases.
How to take Citralka?
- Citralka is available in the form of Liquid or syrup, usually taken orally with a glass of water, with or after food.
- Take the syrup with or after food as it helps in better absorption of the drug.
- Evenly spaced time intervals between two doses should be maintained.
- The dose should not be altered in any form without proper guidance of the doctor.
- It is advisable to go through the leaflet inside the drug package for better understanding about the Do’s and don’ts of the drug.
Common Dosage for Citralka
- The dosage of the drug can be decided by the doctor as per the Weight, Age, Mental status of the patient, Severity of the condition being treated
- Usually recommended dose for an adult in case of kidney stone is 2 tablespoon 2-3 times a day but it may vary depending on the case.
Q. What happens if I overdose on Citralka?
An overdose of any drug may increase the chances of serious side effects like diarrhoea, vomiting and stomach ache. Therefore, it is advisable to strictly adhere to the prescribed dose of the drug and immediately consult the medical team in case of any signs of a drug overdose.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Citralka?
One should consume the missed dose as soon as he/she remembers but try to avoid taking the missed dose if it’s time for the next dose as it may lead to a drug overdose.
Missing a dose is not recommended and one should strictly adhere to the dosing schedule.
Q. What happens if I eat expired Citralka?
A single dose of expired Citralka is very unlikely to cause an adverse event as it might have lost its efficacy and potency. However, one should abstain from consuming the expired drug and the doctor should be immediately consulted if one feels any undesirable symptoms after consuming the expired drug.
Q. Onset time of Citralka and till when does the effect of Citralka stay?
- Citralka takes time to show its effect.
- The onset of action and relief in symptoms vary with every patient and condition being treated.
- The patient may start to feel recovered within the first few days with the Citralka therapy.
- The dose and duration of the drug as advised by the doctor should be followed strictly for a complete cessation of all the symptoms.
When to Avoid Citralka?
Do not Consume Citralka:
- Allergy: In cases of allergic history or present condition of allergy to Citralka or any other drug of the same class.
- Infection: It should be avoided in patients with a severe bacterial infection
- Blood pressure and Kidney disorders: In cases of high BP, patients with high sodium levels in the blood, decreased urine output, severe kidney disorders.
- Heart diseases: If know history of Congestive heart failure, heart disease is there.
- High potassium levels: In patients with high potassium levels.
Precautions While Taking Citralka
- Allergic reaction: In case of an allergic reaction, seek medical help immediately.
- Dose Alteration: Don’t alter/Change the schedule of the dose as per your own convenience.
- Drug consumption: Citralka should be taken preferably with or after food for better absorption.
Warnings When Taking Citralka
- Shake the bottle of syrup well before use, for proper homogenous drug content.
- Always try to consume with or after food
- Don’t alter the dose without proper medical advice.
- It is advisable to go through the leaflet inside the package of the drug to have a better understanding of the drug.
Other Medicine's Dosage: Clindamycin Phosphate Gel | Clopilet | Cobadex Czs
Side-Effects of Citralka
The common side effects associated with Citralka used for different treatments are:
- stomach pain
- gas in the stomach
- excessive production of urine
- ulcers in the stomach
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Citralka?
Possible allergic reactions reported for Citralka are:
- Rashes on skin – less common
- Itchiness – less common
- Rashes – less common
Drug Interactions to be Careful About
A patient should be careful of certain drug interactions when consuming Citralka. These may span from certain food items to other medicines to some tests which should not be taken right after consuming Citralka. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Citralka
No particular food item to be avoided.
2. Medicines Interactions with Citralka
All the possible drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advised that the patient must inform the physician out of all the drugs/products you use. You must also inform about the herbal products that you are consuming. You must not modify the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
The common drug interactions have been noticed with the following drugs:
- Steroid medications (mild)
- Methotrexate (Moderate)
- Ephedrine (mild)
- Amphetamines (mild)
- Potassium depleting diuretics (Moderate)
- Quinidine (mild)
- Salicylates (Moderate)
- Tetracyclines (Moderate)
3. Effects of Citralka on Lab Tests
Kidney function lab tests are affected by Citralka.
4. Citralka’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Heart diseases and kidney diseases.
Q. Can I have Citralka with alcohol?
No. There is an increased risk of side effects when Citralka is taken with alcohol, as it can lead to increased risk of dehydration. The doctor should be consulted before consuming alcohol with Citralka.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
No, but it is advisable to consume a lot of liquids like fruit juice or water.
Q. Can I have Citralka when pregnant?
Citralka should be consumed by pregnant women only if specified by the doctor. Therefore, always notify the doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
Q. Can I have Citralka when feeding a baby?
Risks and benefits of Citralka should be discussed before administering it to lactating women. The doctor should always be informed in such cases as a precautionary measure.
Q. Can I drive after taking Citralka?
Yes, as Citralka does not affect the ability to drive but it is advisable to avoid driving or operating heavy machinery if symptoms like dizziness or drowsiness occurs after taking Citralka.
Also Read: Cinnarizine Side Effect | Cipcal 500 Side Effect
Buyer’s Guide – Citralka Composition, Variant and Price
|Citralka Variants||Citralka Composition||Citralka Price|
|Citralka 100ML Liquid||Disodium Hydrogen Citrate 1.53 GM/ 5ML||Rs.59.11|
Substitutes of Citralka
The following are alternative drugs for Citralka:
- Alkacip Syrup:
- Manufactured by – Cipla
- Price – Rs.63.8
- Alkakem Syrup:
- Manufactured by – Alkem Laboratories Ltd.
- Price – Rs. 62
- Adialka Syrup:
- Manufactured by – Cian Healthcare
- Price – Rs. 43
- Onestone Syrup:
- Manufactured by – Ontex Healthcare
- Price – Rs. 50
Storage requirements for Citralka
- The drug should be stored below 25°C and should be kept in a cool, dry place and away from direct heat and sunlight.
- Keep the drug in a place, where it is out of reach of children.
- Do not freeze.
FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Citralka
Q. What is Citralka?
Ans. Citralka is basically a neutralizing drug composed of disodium hydrogen citrate. It acts as a buffer and used mainly to treat or neutralize the excess amount of acid present in blood and urine.
Q. How effective it is/ How long does it take for Citralka to show results?
Ans. Citralka shows its effect in a few days of therapy.
Q. Should Citralka be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. No, it is advisable to take the syrup with or after food as it helps in better absorption of the drug.
Q. Does Citralka make you drowsy?
Ans. Citralka may cause drowsiness in a few cases but it varies with every individual.
Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Citralka Tablets?
Ans. The ideal time gap of at least 4-6 hours should be there between two doses to avoid Citralka toxicity or overdose.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Yes, it is necessary to complete the whole prescribed dose of Citralka even if the symptoms disappear.
One should never stop Citralka without consulting with the doctor.
Q. Does Citralka effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. No, it does not affect the menstrual cycle but always consults the doctor in case of pre-existing menstrual problems before consuming the drug
Q. Is Citralka safe for children?
Ans. Citralka should not be administered to children unless recommended by the paediatrician.
Q. Are there any symptoms/diseases that I should consider before taking Citralka?
Ans. Any heart or kidney diseases are to be taken into consideration before taking Citralka
Q. Is Citralka legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.
Authored By –