Table of Contents
- What is Clindac A Gel?
- Uses of Clindac A Gel
- How does Clindac A Gel work?
- How to use Clindac A Gel?
- Clindac A Gel Common Usage
- When to Avoid Clindac A Gel?
- Precautions while using Clindac A Gel:
- Side-Effects of Clindac A Gel:
- Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- Buyer’s Guide – Clindac A Gel Composition, Variant and Price
- Substitutes of Clindac A Gel
- FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Clindac A Gel
- Authored By –
1What is Clindac A Gel?
It is mainly used to treat conditions like bacterial vaginosis and acne vulgaris. Rashes, redness and itchy bumps on the skin are some of the side effects seen with Clindac A Gel. It should be totally avoided in case of viral and fungal skin infections and in children less than 12 years of age.
Clindac A Gel Composition: Clindamycin 1%w/w
Manufactured by: Alkem Laboratories Ltd.
Prescription: Not required as it is available as (Over the Counter) OTC drug.
Form: Gel, Solution and Face wash.
Price: Rs. 187.00 for 1 pack of 15 gm tube.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 2 years from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Antibiotic.
2Uses of Clindac A Gel
Clindac A Gel is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Acne Vulgaris: Used in cases of patients suffering from Acne vulgaris (hair follicles clogged with dead skin and oil).
- Bacterial Vaginosis: Used in cases of women suffering from bacterial infection of vagina (bacterial vaginosis) and also in pregnant women during second and third trimester to prevent infection.
- Bacterial Skin Infections: Used in cases of skin infections caused by bacteria.
3How does Clindac A Gel work?
- Clindac A Gel contains Clindamycin as its main ingredient.
- Clindamycin is antibiotic in nature, and it works by inhibiting the protein synthesis of the bacterial cells.
- Blocking the protein synthesis by bacterial cells eventually leads to their death.
4How to use Clindac A Gel?
- Clindac A Gel is usually available in gel, solution and face wash form.
- Gently clean the affected area before gel application, wash and dry your hands properly before applying Clindac A Gel.
- Apply a thin layer of the gel over the affected area and let it be there on the skin for some time to have desired results.
- Wash hands immediately after applying the gel.
- Avoid excess use of gel as it may cause undesirable effects.
- It is advisable for the patient to go through the leaflet inside the package thoroughly to have a better understanding of how to handle the drug.
5Clindac A Gel Common Usage
- The dosage of the drug is to be decided by the doctor for every individual as per the age, weight, mental status, allergic history of the patient.
- The common usage of Clindac A Gel is 1-2 times a day over the affected area after properly cleaning the area.
- Duration of Clindac A Gel usage depends on the condition being treated and can be decided by the doctor accordingly.
- It is advisable to consult with a dermatologist or paediatrician before application of Clindac A Gel in children.
- Only a thin layer is to be applied on the affected area.
Q. What happens if I overuse Clindac A Gel?
Overuse of Clindac A Gel may not result in early cure but it may lead to increased chances of undesirable effects. Therefore, Clindac A Gel usage should be followed strictly as per the prescription by the doctor and in overuse cases, immediate medical help should be taken to avoid undesirable effects.
Q. What happens if I miss an application of Clindac A Gel?
Usage of Clindac A Gel should always be as prescribed by the doctor and in case of missed application, always try to apply it as soon as you remember. But, avoid overusing it.
Q. What happens if I use expired Clindac A Gel?
Expired Clindac A Gel may not cause any undesirable effect but it is advisable to avoid using expired drug as it may not be efficacious enough to provide the needed results and the doctor should be immediately consulted in case of any undesirable symptoms after using the expired drug.
Q. Onset time of Clindac A Gel?
The time taken by the drug to show its effect depends on the condition being treated and it may vary with every individual.
Also Read: Cinnarizine Dosage | Cipcal 500 Dosage | Ciplox Tz Dosage
6When to Avoid Clindac A Gel?
Do not use Clindac A Gel if:
- Allergy/Hypersensitivity: In known cases of allergy or hypersensitivity to Clindac A Gel or any of its ingredients.
- Underage: In cases of children less than 12 years of age, it should be avoided.
- Viral skin infections: In cases of patients with viral skin infections such as herpes simplex infection and chicken pox.
- Fungal skin infections: In cases of patients with fungal skin infections like thrush and athlete’s foot.
- Colitis: In cases of known history of colitis, as the gel can get absorbed through and can worsen the condition.
- Wound/Infected skin: In cases of patients with open and infected wounds or skin.
Other Medicine's Uses: Clavam 625 | Clopilet | Cobadex Czs
7Precautions while using Clindac A Gel:
- Allergic Reaction: Always seek medical help immediately in case of any allergic reaction, if occurs after using Clindac A Gel.
- Avoid eye contact: Always apply the drug on the outer areas and avoid contact with eyes and genital areas.
- Avoid Dose alteration: Drug alteration should be avoided unless stated by the doctor.
- Age criteria: It should be avoided in children less than 12 years of age without Pediatrician’s advice.
Warnings when using Clindac A Gel
- Concomitant topical use of any other drug should be delayed for at least 5-10 minutes while using Clindac A Gel.
- Usage alteration without medical advice is not recommended.
- Clindac A Gel should not be administered in children unless specified by the Paediatrician.
8Side-Effects of Clindac A Gel:
The side effects associated with Clindac A Gel are:
- Redness of skin (common)
- Oily skin or mild dryness of treated skin (less common)
- Diarrhoea (less common)
- Colitis (less common)
- Rashes (common)
- Burning skin sensation (common)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Clindac A Gel?
Possible allergic reactions reported for Clindac A Gel are:
- Rashes (less common)
- Itching (common)
What are the effects of Clindac A Gel on organs?
Clindac A Gel can cause colilits if gets absorbed through skin in excess amount.
9Drug Interactions to be Careful About
It is always advisable to be careful of certain drug to drug or drug to food interactions when consuming Clindac A Gel. Always be aware of the food items, other drugs or lab tests while consuming Clindac A Gel. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Clindac A Gel
No particular food item to be avoided.
2. Medicines Interactions with Clindac A Gel
Since Clindac A Gel is a topical drug, no other drugs have reactions with it unless any other topical drug is being used in the same area of application. It is always advisable that the patient must inform the physician about of all the drugs/products you use. You must notify the doctor about the herbal products that you are currently using. You should never alter the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
3. Effects of Clindac A Gel on Lab Tests
Clindac A Gel doesn’t affect any laboratory test results.
4. Clindac A Gel’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Patients with viral & fungal infections.
Q. Can I have alcohol with Clindac A Gel?
Interaction of Clindac A Gel with alcohol is not known. Therefore, always consult the doctor before consuming alcohol with Clindac A Gel.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
Q. Can I use Clindac A Gel when pregnant?
It is advisable to consult the treating doctor before using the drug in such situations. Always inform the doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
Q. Can I use Clindac A Gel when feeding a baby?
No, Clindac A Gel can only be used for lactating mothers after consulting the doctor. Always notify the doctor in such cases.
Q. Can I drive after taking Clindac A Gel?
Yes, Clindac A Gel has no effect on driving but it is advisable to take extra caution.
Also read: Ciprofloxacin Side Effect | Citralka Side Effect
10Buyer’s Guide – Clindac A Gel Composition, Variant and Price
|Clindac A 50ml Face Wash||Clindamycin||Rs. 334.00 for 1 pack|
|Clindac A 1% 25ml Topical Solution||Clindamycin 1% w/v||Rs. 205.50 for 1 pack|
Buy & Get Upto 30% Off: Use Medlife Offers | Pharmeasy Offers | Pinhealth Offers
11Substitutes of Clindac A Gel
The following are alternative drugs for Clindac A Gel:
- Clincin 20gm Gel:
- Manufactured by Indi Pharma.
- Price- Rs. 98.5
- Clinmax 20gm Gel:
- Manufactured by Palson Derma Pvt Ltd.
- Price- Rs. 116
- Cleargel 20gm Gel:
- Manufactured by Hedge & Hedge Pharmaceutical LLP.
- Price- Rs. 153
- Cligel 15gm Gel:
- Manufactured by East West Pharma.
- Price- Rs. 91.4
Storage requirements for Clindac A Gel
- Clindac A Gel drug should be stored at a moisture free, dry place at temperature below 25O
- Avoid freezing the drug and keep it out of children’s reach.
12FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Clindac A Gel
Q. What is Clindac A Gel?
Ans. Clindac A Gel is a topically used drug. Clindac A Gel is effective against acne and bacterial vaginosis etc.
Q. What are the uses of Clindac A Gel?
Ans. Clindac A Gel is effective against acne and bacterial vaginosis etc.
Q. What are the side effects of Clindac A Gel?
Ans. The most common side effects of Clindac A Gel are Redness of skin, Oily skin or mild dryness of treated skin, Diarrhoea, Colitis, Rashes, Burning skin sensation
Q. How long does it take for Clindac A Gel to show results?
Ans. Clindac A Gel takes time to shows its effect depending on the condition being treated.
Q. Does Clindac A Gel make you drowsy?
Ans. Clindac A Gel does not cause drowsiness but it varies with every case.
Q. What should be the time gap between the two applications of Clindac A Gel?
Ans. An Ideal time gap of atleast 5-10 minutes should be there between two applications. However, one should never overuse Clindac A Gel applications.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Clindac A Gel should be used strictly as per the doctor’s advice. Withdrawal of Clindac A Gel in between can lead to recurrence of symptoms. The doctor should be the one to decide when and how to stop the cycle of Clindac A Gel.
Q. Does Clindac A Gel effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. Clindac A Gel generally doesn’t affect the menstrual cycle as it for topical application only but always consult the doctor in case of pre existing menstrual problems before using the drug
Q. Is Clindac A Gel safe for children?
Ans. Always consult the Paediatrician before applying Clindac A Gel to children as a precautionary measure, as children’s skin is more sensitive as compared to adults. It should not be used in children less than 12 years of age.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before using Clindac A Gel?
Ans. Any allergic history with Clindac A Gel with symptoms like rashes, itching or burning sensation or same class of drugs, are to be taken into consideration before using Clindac A Gel.
Q. Is Clindac A Gel legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
Similar Reads –
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.
13Authored By –