Clopam Composition – Clonazepam 0.5 MG
Manufactured By – East West Pharma
Prescription – Prescription Required
Form – Tablet
Price – Rs 32.7
Quantity – 10 tablets in 1 strip
What is Clopam?
Clopam belongs to “Benzodiazepine” group of drugs. Clopam is used for the treatment of seizures (epilepsy) and panic attacks.
Manufactured By – Chandra Bhagat Pharma Pvt Ltd
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: 1mg coupons | Pharmeasy coupons
Uses of Clopam Tablet
Clopam tablet is prescribed for:
- Seizures (Epilepsy)Acute mania
- Movement disorder
- Anxiety attacks
- Panic attacks
Clopam contains Clonazepam as its active ingredient.
How does Clopam work?
- Gama-Amino Butyric Acid (GABA) is a form of amino acid in the body.
- It is responsible for neurons to function properly and is an inhibitor neurotransmitter which relaxes the body, reduces high blood pressure, and prevents epileptic seizures and panic disorder.
- Clopam medicine increases the GABA receptor activation helping in controlling seizures.
Clopam Prices in Hindi
|Strip of 10 tablets of 0.25mg||Rs. 21.5|
|Strip of 10 tablets of 0.5mg||Rs. 29.3|
|Strip of 10 tablets of 1mg||Rs. 41|
|Strip of 10 tablets of 2mg||Rs. 54.9|
Also Read: Athrocin Price | Citol Price | Coxib Price
How to Take Clopam Tablet?
- Clopam is administered orally in the form of tablets and also intramuscularly.
- Oral absorption of Clopam is good thus it can be administered with or without food but at a fixed time.
- When taken in tablet form, swallow the tablet as a whole with fluids. Do not chew, break, or crush.
- Never use Clopam tablet in more than the recommended dose or for longer periods of time without doctor’s consent.
- Do not stop treatment with Clopam suddenly. The dosage should be tapered gradually and then stopped.
- Stopping the medicine suddenly may lead to withdrawal symptoms like nausea, vomiting, seizures, fast heart beat etc.
Common Dosage of Clopam Tablet
- The initial dose of Clopam for adults should not exceed 1.5 mg per day and for children 0.01-0.03 mg/kg per day.
- The dose may be increased every 3 days from 0.25-0.5 mg per day in children and 0.5-1 mg per day in adults.
- The maximum recommended dose is 20 mg per day for adults and 0.2 mg/kg per day for children.
- For patients suffering from panic disorders, the initial dose is 0.25mg twice a day. The dose can be increased and the recommended dose is 1mg/day.
- The dose should be reduced in elderly patients and patients with hepatic involvement.
Read More: Cycladol dosage | deflox dosage | demelan dosage
When to Avoid Clopam & Precautions to Take?
- Avoid using Clopam if you are allergic to it or to any other ingredient present in it.
- Clopam is not recommended for patients having liver disease or glaucoma.
- Not recommended in pregnant and lactating females.
- Before taking this medicine, tell your doctor if you have any health problem such as respiratory disorders or obesity or a history of drug or alcohol abuse.
- Prolonged use of Clopam causes habit forming tendency and behavioral changes, mostly suicidal. It can be minimized by lowering the dose.
- Sudden withdrawal of the medicine can cause withdrawal symptoms.
Side Effects of Clopam Tablet
Some of the reported side effects of Clopam tablet are:
- Slurred speech
- Increased respiratory secretions
- confusionChange in libido
Read More: Airol sede effects | colimex sede effects | combivir side effects
What Are The Effects of Clopam Tablet on Organs?
- Central Nervous System reactions- Drowsiness, headache, fatigue, nervousness, lethargy, dizziness, anxiety, depression, weakness, confusion, blurred vision, and fainting.
- Cardiovascular reactions- Difficulty in breathing and palpitations.
- Hematological reactions- Anemia, decreased white blood cells and platelets.
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
Symptoms of allergic reactions from Clopam tablet:
- chest tightness shortness of breath
- Swelling of the face, lips, throat etc
Drug interactions to be careful about
Avoid co-administration of following drugs with Clopam tablet:
- Sedative anti-histamines
Shows Effects/ Results In
Patients may notice an improvement in 2-4 hours following oral Clopam therapy.
Storage Requirements for Clopam Tablet
- Keep it in an air-tight container.
- Keep it away from direct light or moisture.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
Pro Tips When Taking Clopam Tablet
- Clopam tablet is used for the short-term treatment of panic disorder and certain forms of anxiety Prolonged use (more than 4 weeks) of this drug can cause dependency.
- If you observe sudden mood changes, contact your doctor immediately.
Is Clopam addictive?
Can I have Clopam tablet with alcohol?
Interaction of Clopam tablet with alcohol may increase the risk of side effects and may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness, therefore, it is not recommended to consume alcohol while taking Clopam.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Can I have Clopam tablet when pregnant?
- Clopam tablet should not be used in pregnancy as it has shown adverse effects (birth defects) in foetus when administered at doses greater than the therapeutic dose.
- Clopam can also cause life-threatening withdrawal symptoms in the baby after the baby is born. Always inform your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
Can I have Clopam tablet when feeding a baby?
Clopam should not be used in breastfeeding women as the drug may pass into breast milk and lead to fatal adverse effects in foetus.
Can I drive after taking Clopam?
What happens if I overdose on Clopam?
An overdose of Clopam may cause drowsiness, fainting or confusion. Low blood pressure and respiratory depression.
What happens if I eat expired Clopam?
An expired drug may become ineffective in treating your prescribed conditions, thus to be on the safe side, it is important not to use an expired drug.
What happens if I miss a dose of Clopam?
If you miss a dose of Clopam, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double dose for a missed one