What is Cobadex CZS?
Cobadex CZS is mainly used to prevent or treat conditions where there is an increased requirement of vitamins and minerals like in cases of anemia. Extreme sensitivity to light and liver complications are rare but one of the major side effects at high repetitive doses of Cobadex CZS. It should be totally avoided in case of liver impairment patients and patients with allergic reactions.
Cobadex CZS Composition: Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (vitamin B6) 3 mg, Nicotinamide 100 mg, Cyanocobalamin 15 mcg, Folic Acid 1500 mcg, Chromium 250 mcg, Selenious Acid 100mcg, Zinc Sulphate Monohydrate 61.8 mg
Manufactured by: Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Prescription: Not Required (Available as OTC)
Form: Tablets, Syrup and Capsules.
Price: Rs 70.35 for 15 Tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Multivitamin and Multi-Mineral
Also read in Hindi about Cobadex CZS
Uses of Cobadex CZS
Cobadex CZS serves a great purpose in the prevention and treatment of different conditions. It is prescribed for the following:
- Ulcers and Sore Tongue: Used to treat oral ulcers and Sore tongue due to deficiency of vitamins.
- Hair problems: Used to treat hair fall and greying of hair by providing an adequate amount of nourishment to the hair follicles and also treat weak nails.
- Anaemia: Used to treat Megaloblastic anemia (deficiency of folic acid) etc
- Diseases: Used to treat diseases like Alzheimer’s disease.
- Vitamin and Mineral deficiency: Used to treat conditions arising from vitamin and mineral deficiency like Scurvy (Vitamin C deficiency) and calcium deficiency and promotes wound healing by providing an adequate amount of calcium.
- Nerve disease: Used to treat nerve diseases like Neuralgia (pain due to nerve damage) and parasthesia (altered taste sensation).
- Poor dietary intake: Used to treat poor dietary intake in cases of chronic alcoholics or elderly patients.
- Post-surgical cases: Used in patients with post-surgical recovery. Eg, in diabetic patients.
- Pregnancy: Used in cases of pregnancy to meet the increased nutritional demand of the body.
- Cholesterol problems: Used to treat high cholesterol levels.
- Others: Used in cases to treat Diarrhoea, muscle cramps and chronic gastrointestinal disorders.
How Does Cobadex CZS Work?
- Cobadex works by providing the essential nutrients to the body in an appropriate amount.
- Folic Acid and cyanocobalamin helps in the nucleic acid synthesis and helps in normal maturation of RBCs (red blood cells).
- Nicotinamide helps in tissue respiration
- Chromium helps in improving insulin metabolism and thereby affecting lipid, protein and carbohydrate actions in a positive way.
- Zinc helps in tissue growth and repair and helps in wound healing
- Selenium prevents the cells against oxidative damage.
How to Take Cobadex CZS?
- Cobadex is available as tablets and syrup.
- Take the tablet orally with water with or without a meal, preferably with a meal as it helps in quick absorption.
- Do not chew or crush the tablets, instead swallow the tablets as a whole.
- Always shake the bottle before consuming the syrup of Cobadex CZS, to have a homogenous mix of drug
- Do not alter the dose as per your own convenience.
- It is recommended for a patient to go through the leaflet inside the package thoroughly to have a better understanding of the drug.
Common Dosage for Cobadex CZS
- Cobadex CZS dosage can be decided by the doctor for every individual as per age, weight, mental status, allergic history and health status of the patient.
- Adult dose: One tablet daily or as advised by the physician depending on the severity of the condition
- Children: Not advised for children, paediatric consultation is advised.
- The drug should be consumed at equal intervals so that the appropriate quantity of drug is present inside the body at all times.
On this page:
- Q. What happens if I overdose on Cobadex CZS?
- Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Cobadex CZS?
- Q. What happens if I eat expired Cobadex CZS?
- Q. What is the onset time of Cobadex CZS?
- Q. Till When Does The Effect of Cobadex CZS Stay?
- Warnings When Taking Cobadex CZS
- Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Cobadex CZS?
- What Are The Effects of Cobadex CZS Tablets on Organs?
- 1. Food Interactions with Cobadex CZS
- 2. Medicines Interactions with Cobadex CZS
- 3. Effects of Cobadex CZS on Lab Tests
- 4. Cobadex CZS’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- Q. Can I have Cobadex CZS with alcohol?
- Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Q. Can I have Cobadex CZS when pregnant?
- Q. Can I have Cobadex CZS when feeding a baby?
- Q. Can I drive after taking Cobadex CZS?
- Storage Requirements for Cobadex CZS Tablets
- Q. What is Cobadex CZS?
- Q. What are the uses of Cobadex CZS?
- Q. What are the side effects of Cobadex CZS?
- Q. How effective is Cobadex CZS?
- Q. How long does it take for Cobadex CZS to show results?
- Q. Should Cobadex CZS be taken on an empty stomach?
- Q. Does Cobadex CZS make you drowsy?
- Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Cobadex CZS doses?
- Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- Q. Does Cobadex CZS effect my menstrual cycle?
- Q. Is Cobadex CZS safe for children?
- Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Cobadex CZS?
- Q. Is Cobadex CZS legal in India?
Q. What happens if I overdose on Cobadex CZS?
Cobadex CZS should always be consumed as per the prescribed dose. Overdose can lead to some serious undesirable effects. The doctor or trained medical staff should be immediately consulted in case of overdose.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Cobadex CZS?
Cobadex CZS should always be taken as per the fixed time schedule and in case of missed dose, always try to consume it as soon as you remember. But, avoid taking the missed dose if it’s already time to take the second dose as it may lead to drug toxicity or drug overdose.
Q. What happens if I eat expired Cobadex CZS?
Expired Cobadex CZS may not cause any undesirable effect but it is advisable to avoid consuming expired drug as it may not be efficacious enough to provide the needed results and the doctor should be immediately consulted in case of any undesirable symptoms after consuming the expired drug.
Q. What is the onset time of Cobadex CZS?
The patient may start to feel recovered within the first few days of the Cobadex CZS therapy.
Q. Till When Does The Effect of Cobadex CZS Stay?
The dose and duration of the drug as advised by the doctor should be followed strictly for a complete cessation of all the symptoms. The time taken by the drug to show its effect may vary with every individual.
Also Read: Citralka Dosage
When to Avoid Cobadex CZS?
Do not Consume Cobadex CZS Tablets in the following scenarios
- Liver disorders: In known cases of moderate to severe Liver dysfunction or diseases, Cobadex CZS should be avoided or used only when advised by the doctor.
- Allergy: In known cases of allergy to Cobadex CZS or any of its ingredients.
- Lactating women: In cases of lactating or nursing mothers, Cobadex CZS is avoided.
Precautions While Taking Cobadex CZS
- Prolonged use: Do not use it for a longer period of time unless advised by the doctor.
- Allergic Reaction: Allergic reaction, if occurs after taking Cobadex CZS should be immediately reported to the doctor or trained medical staff.
- Avoid Dose alteration: Drug alteration should be avoided unless stated by the doctor.
Warnings When Taking Cobadex CZS
- Cobadex CZS contains Zinc, which can decrease absorption of antibiotics like Fluroquinolones, tetracyclines and penicillamine derivatives.
- Therefore, a gap of at least 2-3 hours should be kept between the two drugs
Side-Effects of Cobadex CZS
The side effects associated with Cobadex CZS Tablets used for different treatments are:
- Headache (Common)
- Nausea (Common)
- Weakness (Common)
- Dizziness (Common)
- Cramps ( less Common)
- Heartburn ( less Common)
- Allergic reactions ( less Common)
- Photosensitivity (extreme sensitivity to sunlight) ( less Common)
- Liver complications ( less Common)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Cobadex CZS?
Possible allergic reactions reported for Cobadex CZS are:
- Rashes (less common)
- Swelling of eye, face, lips, mouth or tongue (less common)
- Breathlessness (less common)
What Are The Effects of Cobadex CZS Tablets on Organs?
- Cobadex CZS should be used with caution in patients with liver or kidney disorders.
- Prolonged use may lead to the development of peripheral neuropathies.
- Some beneficial effects of Cobadex CZS on the human body are:
- Helps in hair growth, wound healing, in cases of diabetes to help insulin metabolism improve.
- Improves muscle strength and weakness
Drug Interactions With Cobadex CZS to be Careful About
All the possible drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advisable to be careful of a certain drug to drug or drug to food interactions when consuming Cobadex CZS. Always be aware of the food items, other drugs or lab tests while consuming Cobadex CZS. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Cobadex CZS
No particular food item to be avoided.
2. Medicines Interactions with Cobadex CZS
All the potential drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advisable that the patient must inform the physician about of all the drugs/products you use. You must notify the doctor about the herbal products that you are currently consuming. You should never alter the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
The common drug interactions have been noticed with the following drugs:
- Antibiotics like fluoroquinolons, tetracyclines (mild)
- Oral contraceptives (mild)
- Folic acid antagonists like methotrexate, trimethoprim (mild)
- Carbamazepine (moderate)
- Omeprazole (mild)
- Hydralazine (mild)
- Aluminium-containing antacids (moderate)
- Alcohol (mild)
- Vitamin E (mild)
- Calcium (mild)
3. Effects of Cobadex CZS on Lab Tests
Cobadex CZS doesn’t affect any laboratory test results. Do consult with the treating physician before going for any laboratory investigation.
4. Cobadex CZS’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Any moderate to severe liver impairment.
Q. Can I have Cobadex CZS with alcohol?
No, Alcohol consumption is not advisable with Cobadex CZS as it may lead to increased chances of side effects like drowsiness. Always consult the doctor before consuming alcohol with Cobadex CZS.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
Yes, Food with oxalic acid and Phytic acid like unleavened bread, raw beans, seeds, nuts, and grains and soy isolates spinach, sweet potatoes, and beans, etc. should be avoided as it can lead to decreased absorption of zinc and chromium.
Also, tea and coffee can lead to decreased zinc absorption
Q. Can I have Cobadex CZS when pregnant?
Cobadex CZS should be administered in pregnant patients if necessary and under medical supervision only. Always inform the doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
Q. Can I have Cobadex CZS when feeding a baby?
Cobadex CZS should be used with caution in case of lactating mothers as the effects of its constituents on quantity and quality of milk production is unknown.
Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor before consuming the drug.
Q. Can I drive after taking Cobadex CZS?
Yes, Cobadex CZS does not affect the ability to drive but some patients might experience dizziness or drowsiness and it is advisable to avoid driving or operating heavy machinery in such cases.
Cobadex CZS Composition, Variant and Price – Buyer’s Guide
|Cobadex CZS Variants||Cobadex CZS Composition||Cobadex CZS Price (Rs.)|
|Cobadex Syrup||Chromium + Cyanocobalamin + Selenium + Folic acid + Niacinamide Pyridoxine + Zinc||Rs. 15.5 for 15ml syrup bottle|
|Cobadex Forte Capsule||Chromium + Cyanocobalamin + Selenium + Folic acid + Niacinamide Pyridoxine + Zinc||Rs. 27.45 for 20 capsules.|
|Cobadex -Z Capsule||Chromium + Cyanocobalamin + Selenium + Folic acid + Niacinamide Pyridoxine + Zinc||Rs. 21.05 for 15 capsules.|
Buy Here: Use 1mg Coupons | Netmeds Coupons
Substitutes of Cobadex CZS
The following are alternative drugs for Cobadex CZS:
- Neuragen Syrup:
- Manufactured by – Indo French Laboratories.
- Price – Rs. 49.92 for 200ml
- MIM Orange Syrup:
- Manufactured by – Meyer Organics.
- Price – Rs. 124 for 200ml
- Manufactured by – Meyer Organics.
- Price – Rs. 227 for 15 capsules.
Storage Requirements for Cobadex CZS Tablets
- The drug should be stored below 25°C and should be kept in a cool, dry place and away from direct heat and sunlight.
- Keep the drug in a place, where it is out of reach of children.
FAQs – 13 Important Questions Answered about Cobadex CZS
Q. What is Cobadex CZS?
Ans. Cobadex CZS is nutritional supplement formulated in such a way that it is efficient in providing the essential vitamins and minerals required to treat the nutritional deficiencies inside the body and enriching it by providing the adequate amount of it.
Q. What are the uses of Cobadex CZS?
Ans. Cobadex helps to treat the nutritional deficiencies inside the body and enriching it by providing an adequate amount of it
Q. What are the side effects of Cobadex CZS?
Ans. The most common side effects of Cobadex CZS are weakness, dizziness, Photosensitivity (extreme sensitivity to sunlight), Cramps, nausea, headache.
Q. How effective is Cobadex CZS?
Ans. Cobadex CZS is effective due to its nutritional supplement formulated properties. However, there are other medicines which perform better when.
Q. How long does it take for Cobadex CZS to show results?
Ans. Cobadex CZS starts to show its effect within first few days of starting the drug therapy.
Q. Should Cobadex CZS be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. Cobadex CZS should preferably be taken after meals and not on empty stomach as it helps quick drug absorption and better results.
Q. Does Cobadex CZS make you drowsy?
Ans. Cobadex CZS may cause drowsiness in few rare cases but it varies with every individual.
Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Cobadex CZS doses?
Ans. Ideal time gap of at least 6 hours should be there between two doses to avoid Cobadex CZS toxicity or overdose.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Cobadex CZS should be consumed as prescribed by the doctor and in case of any severity of symptoms, immediate medical help or consultation should be taken.
And the doctor should be the one to decide when and how to stop the cycle of Cobadex CZS.
Q. Does Cobadex CZS effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. No, it generally doesn’t affect the menstrual cycle but one should always consult the doctor in case of pre existing menstrual problems before consuming the drug
Q. Is Cobadex CZS safe for children?
Ans. Cobadex CZS is not advisable to be administered in children. Proper consultation and recommendation by the Paediatrician is necessary.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Cobadex CZS?
Ans. Any liver disorder or allergic reactions are to be taken into consideration before taking Cobadex CZS.
Q. Is Cobadex CZS legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
Similar Reads –
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.