Table of Contents
- 1 What is Colinol?
- 2 Uses of Colinol
- 3 How does Colinol work?
- 4 How to Take Colinol?
- 5 Common Dosage for Colinol
- 6 When to Avoid Colinol?
- 7 Precautions While Taking Colinol
- 8 Side-Effects of Colinol
- 9 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 9.1 1. Food Interactions with Colinol
- 9.2 2. Medicines Interactions with Colinol
- 9.3 3. Effects of Colinol on Lab Tests
- 9.4 4. Interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- 9.5 Q. Can I have Colinol with alcohol?
- 9.6 Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 9.7 Q. Can I have Colinol when pregnant?
- 9.8 Q. Can I have Colinol when feeding a baby?
- 9.9 Q. Can I drive after taking Colinol?
- 10 Colinol – Composition, Variant and Price– Buyer’s Guide
- 11 Substitutes of Colinol
- 12 FAQs – 11 Important Questions Answered about Colinol
- 12.1 Q. What is Colinol?
- 12.2 Q. What are the uses of Colinol?
- 12.3 Q. What are the side effects of Colinol?
- 12.4 Q. Should Colinol be taken on an empty stomach?
- 12.5 Q. Does Colinol make you drowsy?
- 12.6 Q. What should be the time gap between the intakes of two Colinol doses?
- 12.7 Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- 12.8 Q. Does Colinol effect my menstrual cycle?
- 12.9 Q. Is Colinol safe for children?
- 12.10 Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Colinol?
- 12.11 Q. Is Colinol legal in India?
1What is Colinol?
Colinol belongs to “antispasmodic and analgesic” group of drugs which prevents or relieves the development of muscle spasms in smooth muscles and provides relief from pain. Colinol is most commonly used in the treatment of menstrual pain (painful periods), abdominal pain, irritable bowel syndrome etc. It contains Dicyclomine and Paracetamol as its active ingredients and is available in tablet form for oral administration. Avoid use of Colinol in children younger than 6 months of age.
Composition: Dicyclomine – 20mg, Paracetamol – 500mg
Manufactured By – Noel Pharma India Pvt Ltd
Prescription– Prescription needed
Form – Tablet
Price – Rs. 33
Type of Drug – Anti-spasmodic and Analgesic