Table of Contents
- What is Concerta?
- What does Concerta contain?
- Uses of Concerta
- How Does Concerta Work?
- How to Take Concerta?
- Concreta Price In India
- Common Dosage for Concerta?
- When to Avoid Concerta?
- Side-Effects of Concerta
- Effects of Concerta on Organs?
- Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
- Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
- Effects/Results After Consuming Concerta
- Is Concerta addictive?
- Can I have Concerta with alcohol?
- Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Can I have Concerta when pregnant?
- Can I have Concerta when feeding a baby?
- Can I drive after taking Concerta?
- What happens if I overdose on Concerta?
- What happens if I eat expired Concerta?
- What happens if I miss a dose of Concerta?
- Storage Requirements for Concerta
- Pro Tips When Taking Concerta
What is Concerta?
Concerta is a stimulant drug which helps you to increase your ability to pay attention and focus on your activities.
Manufactured By – Johnson & Johnson Ltd
Other variants and composition –
Concerta 18Mg Tablet – Methylphenidate 18 MG
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: Pharmeasy Offers | Practo Offers
What does Concerta contain?
The main ingredient of Concerta is a drug called methylphenidate.
Uses of Concerta
Concerta is used to treat:
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
How Does Concerta Work?
Concerta acts by increasing certain chemicals in the brain which helps you to pay attention and increases your focus. It also acts by managing your impulse control.
How to Take Concerta?
Concerta tablet must be swallowed as a whole with a glass of water. You must not chew, crush or break the tablet while taking it. You may consume Concerta on an empty or full stomach.
Concreta Price In India
|18mg Strip of 30 Tablets||Rs 4130|
|36mg Strip of 30 Tablets||Rs 5150|
|54mg Strip of 30 Tablets||Rs 6180|
Also Read: Celexa Price | Copaxone Price
Common Dosage for Concerta?
Concerta is generally prescribed once or twice daily. Your doctor may alter your dosage and its frequency depending upon the severity of your condition.
Also read about other medicine Dosage: Zovirax Dosage
When to Avoid Concerta?
Avoid Concerta if:
- You are allergic to any components of Concerta
- You are to undergo a surgery
- You have high blood pressure
- You have heart disease
- You are suffering from glaucoma
- You have a history of muscle twitching
Side-Effects of Concerta
Some of the commonly reported side effects of Concerta are:
- Trouble in sleeping
- Feeling nervous
- Abdominal pain
- Weight loss
- Appetite loss
- High blood pressure
Effects of Concerta on Organs?
Long-term use of Concerta is not safe for the patients with kidney and liver disease. Your doctor may adjust your dose as per your requirement.
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
Some of the common allergic reactions reported with Concerta are:
- difficulty breathing, and;
- swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
One needs to be careful about the following drug interactions when consuming Concerta:
Effects/Results After Consuming Concerta
The effect of Concerta can be observed within 1 hour of administration. Your attention symptoms will start to improve after taking this medication.
Things to Know About Concerta
Is Concerta addictive?
Concerta is known to cause addiction and increases your dependency on the drug.
Can I have Concerta with alcohol?
It is better to avoid alcohol when on Concerta. Consult your doctor about limiting alcohol with this medication. Co-consumption of alcohol with this medication causes excessive sleepiness and drowsiness.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
You must consult your doctor regarding the foods to be avoided.
Can I have Concerta when pregnant?
In most cases, it is not safe to take Concerta if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy. Consult your doctor if it is absolutely necessary to take this medication.
Can I have Concerta when feeding a baby?
Concerta is known to pass in mother’s milk to the baby. Consult your doctor if it is absolutely necessary to take this medication while you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive after taking Concerta?
It is generally safe to drive while taking Concerta. However, if you experience drowsiness, dizziness, a headache or any side effect that alters your consciousness then it may not be safe to drive.
What happens if I overdose on Concerta?
An overdose of Concerta will not improve your symptoms. It may even cause serious side-effects like stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Consult your doctor immediately in case of overdose.
What happens if I eat expired Concerta?
If by mistake you consume a dose of expired Concerta, the chances of harm are very less. It is advised to check the label for expiry date always before use.
What happens if I miss a dose of Concerta?
As soon as you remember, take the missed dose. However, if it is already time for next dose, carry on with your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
Storage Requirements for Concerta
- Always store Concerta at a temperature around 25 degree Celsius
- Storing in moisture-prone places like bathroom may damage the tablet
- Keep Concerta away from direct heat and sunlight
- Store it where your children and pets can’t reach
Pro Tips When Taking Concerta
- Do not try to self-adjust the dose. Take it in the quantity prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not share your medication with anyone even if they have a similar condition.
- Discuss the pros and cons of Concerta if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy or if you are breastfeeding.
- Suddenly stopping Concerta may cause depression, suicidal thoughts, and mood changes.
- You have to check your blood pressure regularly while on Concerta
- Your doctor must know complete medical history before prescribing this drug.