Table of Contents
- What is Contractubex?
- Uses of Contractubex
- How does Contractubex work?
- How to use Contractubex?
- Contractubex Common Usage
- When to Avoid Contractubex?
- Precautions while using Contractubex:
- Side-Effects of Contractubex:
- Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- Buyer’s Guide – Contractubex Composition, Variant and Price
- Substitutes of Contractubex
- FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Contractubex
- Authored By –
1What is Contractubex?
It is mainly used to treat keloid scars, cosmetically disfiguring scars post surgically. White residue on skin and redness of skin are some of the side effects seen with Contractubex. It should be totally avoided in case of open and unhealed wounds and in infants less than 1 year of age.
Contractubex Composition: Cepae extract 0.1 gm + Heparin sodium 50 IU + Allantoin 0.01gm
Manufactured by: Win Medicare.
Price: Rs. 1031.00 for 1 pack of 20 gm tube.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 2 years from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Anticoagulant + Skin Protective.
2Uses of Contractubex
Contractubex is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Hypertrophic/ Keloid Scars: Used to treat and manage movement restricting hypertrophic, Keloid scars.
- Post surgical scars: Used to treat and manage cosmetically disfiguring post surgical scars.
- Amputation: Used in cases of patients with amputated extremities.
- Burns & Accidents: Used in cases of patients who have suffered accident and burns.
- Traumatic Tendon Contracture: Used in cases of patients to prevent traumatic tendon contracture.
- Inflammation around scar: Used in cases of redness and itching around the scar.
Read About: Chlorpromazine Uses | Conversyl Uses
3How does Contractubex work?
- Contractubex contains Cepae extract, Heparin sodium and Allantoin as its main ingredient.
- It works by preventing excess scarring and promotes physiological healing process.
- It also helps to prevent blood clot.
- Contractubex therefore, helps the scar to heal naturally without leaving excess mark on the skin.
4How to use Contractubex?
- Contractubex is usually available in Gel form.
- Gently wash the affected area before application, wash and dry your hands properly before applying Contractubex.
- Apply a thin layer of the gel over the affected area and gently massage it till complete penetration.
- In case of hard old scars, apply the gel and cover the scar with a bandage overnight to allow deep penetration of ingredients in the scar.
- In case of fresh scars, treatment can be started after wound closure that is 8-10 days after the surgical operation.
- Wash hands immediately after applying the gel.
- Avoid excess use of gel as it may cause undesirable effects.
- It is advisable for the patient to go through the leaflet inside the package thoroughly to have a better understanding of how to handle the drug.
5Contractubex Common Usage
- The usage of the drug is to be decided by the doctor for every individual as per the age, weight, mental status, allergic history of the patient.
- The common usage of Contractubex is 2-3 times a day over the affected area after properly cleaning the area.
- Duration of Contractubex usage depends on the condition being treated.
- It is advisable to consult with a dermatologist or paediatrician before application of Contractubex in children.
- Only a thin layer is to be applied on the affected area.
Q. What happens if I overuse Contractubex?
Overuse of Contractubex may not result in early cure but it may lead to increased chances of undesirable effects. Therefore, Contractubex usage should be followed strictly as per the prescription by the doctor and in overuse cases, immediate medical help should be taken to avoid undesirable effects.
Q. What happens if I miss an application of Contractubex?
Usage of Contractubex should always be as prescribed by the doctor and in case of missed application, always try to apply it as soon as you remember. But, avoid overusing it.
Q. What happens if I use expired Contractubex?
Expired Contractubex may not cause any undesirable effect but it is advisable to avoid using expired drug as it may not be efficacious enough to provide the needed results and the doctor should be immediately consulted in case of any undesirable symptoms after using the expired drug.
Q. Onset time of Contractubex?
The time taken by the drug to show its effect depends on the condition being treated and it may vary with every individual.
Also Know: Czam Dosage
6When to Avoid Contractubex?
Do not use Contractubex if:
- Allergy/Hypersensitivity: In known cases of allergy or hypersensitivity to Contractubex or any of its ingredients.
- Underage: In cases of children less than 1 year of age, it should be avoided.
- Open wounds: In cases of open wounds, it should be avoided and the wound should be allowed to heal first.
- Dry, irritated or chapped skin: In cases of patients with dry, chapped and irritated skin, it should be avoided.
- Animal bites/Serious burns: In cases of patients with animal bites, serious burns, it should be avoided.
Read About: Cipralex Composition
7Precautions while using Contractubex:
- Allergic Reaction: Always seek medical help immediately in case of any allergic reaction, if occurs after using Contractubex.
- Avoid Dose alteration: Drug alteration should be avoided unless stated by the doctor.
- Age criteria: It should be avoided in children less than 1 year of age without Pediatrician’s advice.
- Avoid eye contact: Always apply the drug on the outer areas and avoid contact with eyes and genital areas.
Warnings when using Contractubex
- Concomitant topical use of any other drug should be delayed for at least 5-10 minutes while using Contractubex.
- Usage alteration without medical advice is not recommended.
- Contractubex should not be administered in children unless specified by the Paediatrician.
Read About: Fesovit Precaution
8Side-Effects of Contractubex:
The side effects associated with Contractubex are:
- Tingling sensation (less common)
- Redness of skin (common)
- White residue on skin (less common)
- Itchy skin (common)
- Rashes (less common)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Contractubex?
Possible allergic reactions reported for Contractubex are:
- Rashes (less common)
- Swelling of lips, face and throat (less common)
- Itching (common)
What are the effects of Contractubex on organs?
No harmful/ undesirable effects of Contractubex have been reported particularly on any organ yet.
9Drug Interactions to be Careful About
It is always advisable to be careful of certain drug to drug or drug to food interactions when consuming Contractubex. Always be aware of the food items, other drugs or lab tests while consuming Contractubex. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Contractubex
No particular food item to be avoided.
2. Medicines Interactions with Contractubex
Since Contractubex is a topical drug, no other drugs have reactions with it unless any other topical drug is being used in the same area of application. It is always advisable that the patient must inform the physician about of all the drugs/products you use. You must notify the doctor about the herbal products that you are currently using. You should never alter the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
The following drugs should be avoided with following drugs:
- Lipitor (mild)
- Lisinopril (moderate)
- Metoprolol (mild)
- Morphine (mild)
- Omeprazole (moderate)
- Pantoprazole (moderate)
- Protonix (mild)
3. Effects of Contractubex on Lab Tests
Contractubex doesn’t affect any laboratory test results.
4. Contractubex’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Patients with allergy to Contractubex.
Q. Can I have alcohol with Contractubex?
Interaction of Contractubex with alcohol is not known. Therefore, always consult the doctor before consuming alcohol with Contractubex.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
Q. Can I use Contractubex when pregnant?
Yes, but it is advisable to consult the treating doctor before using the drug in such situations. Always inform the doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
Q. Can I use Contractubex when feeding a baby?
Yes, Contractubex can be used for lactating mothers only after consulting the doctor but avoid contacting the child with the drug and also avoid Contractubex application on breasts. Always notify the doctor in such cases.
Q. Can I drive after taking Contractubex?
Yes, Contractubex has no effect on driving but it is advisable to take extra caution.
Checkout: Cyproheptadine Price
10Buyer’s Guide – Contractubex Composition, Variant and Price
|Contractubex Variants||Contractubex Composition||Contractubex Price (Rs.)|
|CONTRACTUBEX 20GM GEL||Cepae extract 0.1 GM+Heparin sodium 50 IU+Allantoin 0.01 GM||Rs. 1031|
Buy & Get Minimum 30% Discount: Practo | Netmeds coupons | Medlife coupons
11Substitutes of Contractubex
The following are alternative drugs for Contractubex:
- Scanil 20gm Gel:
- Manufactured by Ajanta Pharma Ltd.
- Price – Rs. 470
- Scanil 10gm Gel:
- Manufactured by Ajanta Pharma Ltd.
- Price – Rs. 470
Storage requirements for Contractubex
- Contractubex drug should be stored at a moisture free, dry place at temperature below 25O
- Avoid freezing the drug and keep it out of children’s reach.
12FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Contractubex
Q. What is Contractubex?
Ans. Contractubex is a topically used drug. Contractubex is effective against Keloid and hypertrophic scars etc.
Q. What are the uses of Contractubex?
Ans. Contractubex is effective against Keloid and hypertrophic scars etc.
Q. What are the side effects of Contractubex?
Ans. The most common side effects of Contractubex are Tingling sensation, Redness of skin, White residue on skin, Itchy skin, Rashes.
Q. How long does it take for Contractubex to show results?
Ans. Contractubex takes time to shows its effect depending on the condition being treated.
Q. Does Contractubex make you drowsy?
Ans. Contractubex does not cause drowsiness but it varies with every case.
Q. What should be the time gap between the two applications of Contractubex?
Ans. An Ideal time gap of atleast 5-10 minutes should be there between two applications. However, one should never overuse Contractubex applications.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Contractubex should be used strictly as per the doctor’s advice. Withdrawal of Contractubex in between can lead to recurrence of symptoms. The doctor should be the one to decide when and how to stop the cycle of Contractubex.
Q. Does Contractubex effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. Contractubex generally doesn’t affect the menstrual cycle as it for topical application only but always consult the doctor in case of pre existing menstrual problems before using the drug
Q. Is Contractubex safe for children?
Ans. Always consult the Paediatrician before applying Contractubex to children as a precautionary measure, as children’s skin is more sensitive as compared to adults. It should not be used in children less than 1 year of age.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before using Contractubex?
Ans. Any allergic history with Contractubex with symptoms like rashes, itching or burning sensation or same class of drugs, are to be taken into consideration before using Contractubex.
Q. Is Contractubex legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
Similar Reads –
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.
13Authored By –