What is Cordarone?
- Cordarone is an antiarrhythmic medicine which is used to treat irregular heartbeats.
- This medication is used to restore normal heart rhythm and maintain a regular, steady heartbeat.
Apply Coupons & Get Discounts: Myra Medicines Coupons | Pharmeasy Coupons
Uses of Cordarone
Cordarone is prescribed for:
Treatment of arrhythmias which is a heart disorder characterized by irregular heartbeats.
Read About: Cyproheptadine Uses
How does Cordarone work?
Cordarone works by blocking certain electrical signals in the heart that can cause an irregular heartbeat.
Know About: Contratubex Gel
Cordarone Price in India
|Specifics||Cordarone Price in India|
|Cordarone Tablet||Rs. 60.03|
|Cordarone 150mg Injection||Rs. 59.76|
Checkout: Cimetidine Price
How to take Cordarone?
- Cordarone is administered orally in the form of a tablet, taken once or twice a day with or without food.
- It is also administered via injection into the vein by a professional.
Also Know: Fesovit | Conversyl Composition
Common dosage of Cordarone
Dose for ventricular arrhythmias range between 800 to 1,600 mg per day, in 1-2 divided doses for 1-3 week until initial therapeutic response is achieved which is then reduced to 600-800 mg per day in 1-2 divided doses for 1 month.
When to avoid Cordarone & Precautions to take?
- Avoid using Cordarone if you are allergic to it or any other inactive ingredients present along with it.
- This medicine is not recommended in patients with cardiogenic shock, heart block greater than first degree and sinus bradycardia.
- Cordarone may cause severe lung injury which includes hypersensitivity pneumonitis and interstitial pneumonitis.
- This drug can also cause exacerbation of the arrhythmias, which is more common in the patients being treated with other antiarrhythmic medicines or any changes in the dose.
- There may be increased thyroid levels and may lead to a serious condition called thyrotoxicosis.
- Cordarone may increase liver enzymes levels and also an increase in the potassium level may increase the toxic effects of antiarrhythmic medicine like Cordarone.
Read About: Czam Precaution
Side Effects of Cordarone
- Increased sensitivity of the skin to sunlight
- Blurred vision
- Irregular heartbeat
- Trouble sleeping
- Skin rash
- Yellow colored eyes or skin
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Loss of appetite
Know About: Chlorpromazine Side Effects
Effect on organs?
- Cardiovascular reactions- Abnormal heart rhythm, heart failure, heart attack, low blood pressure, sinus arrest.
- Central nervous system reactions- Abnormal gait or lack of coordination, dizziness, fatigue, uneasiness, tingling, tremor or abnormal involuntary movement, headache, sleep disturbances, confusion, delirium, disorientation.
- Dermatological reactions- Sensitivity to sunlight, flushing, redness, severe allergic reactions, itching, blue-gray discoloration, skin cancer.
- Ocular and ENT reactions- Visual disturbances, abnormal smell sensation, ringing in the ears, may lead to blindness.
- Gastrointestinal reactions- Nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, constipation, abdominal pain, abnormal salivation, abnormal taste, inflammation of pancreas.
- Genitourinary reactions- Acute kidney failure, inflammation of testis, impotence, decreased sexual activities.
- Hematological reactions- Blood clot abnormalities, anemia, and decrease in blood cells.
- Hepatic reactions- Abnormal liver function tests, liver disorders, jaundice.
- Musculoskeletal reactions- Muscle weakness, muscle pain, muscle damage.
- Respiratory reactions- Cough, difficulty in breathing, lung infiltrates, wheezing, lung inflammation, and fibrosis.
Reported allergic reactions?
Allergic reactions may include:
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling of face, throat, hands/legs
Drug interactions to be careful about?
Following drugs may interact if administrated along with Cordarone:
- Azole antifungal agents
The effect of this medicine can be observed in 2 days to 3 weeks and usually lasts for an average duration of 58 days.
Storage Requirements for Cordarone
- Keep it in an air-tight container.
- Store at temperature between 15-25°C.
- Keep it away from direct light or moisture.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
Pro Tips when taking Cordarone
- Cordarone medicine should be used only for life-threatening arrhythmias.
- This medicine may cause severe lung and liver injury which could be fatal.
Is Cordarone addictive?
Can I have Cordarone with alcohol?
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Avoid grapefruit juice.
Can I have Cordarone when pregnant?
Can I have Cordarone when feeding a baby?
Can I drive after taking Cordarone?
What happens if I overdose on Cordarone?
Overdose of Cordarone may cause weakness, severe dizziness, very slow heartbeat, fainting.
What happens if I eat expired Cordarone?
Expired Cordarone may become ineffective in treating your prescribed conditions, thus to be on the safe side, it is important not to use expired drug.
What happens if I miss a dose of Cordarone?
If you miss a dose of Cordarone, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double dose for a missed one.
👋CashKaro Exclusive Offer👋
Hungry for more Cashback 💸? Download CashKaro App to get a Rs 60 bonus Cashback + Save up to Rs 15,000/month on online shopping.