Table of Contents
- 1 What is Crocin 650?
- 2 Uses of Crocin 650
- 3 How does Crocin 650 work?
- 4 How to take Crocin 650?
- 5 Crocin 650 Common Dosage
- 6 When to Avoid Crocin 650?
- 7 Precautions While Taking Crocin 650:
- 8 Side-Effects of Crocin 650:
- 9 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 9.1 1. Food Interactions with Combiflam
- 9.2 2. Medicines Interactions with Combiflam
- 9.3 3. Effects of Combiflam on Lab Tests
- 9.4 4. Combiflam’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- 9.5 Q. Can I have Crocin 650 with alcohol?
- 9.6 Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 9.7 Q. Can I have Crocin 650 when pregnant?
- 9.8 Q. Can I have Crocin 650 when feeding a baby?
- 9.9 Q. Can I drive after taking Crocin 650?
- 10 Buyer’s Guide – Crocin 650 Composition, Variant and Price
- 11 Substitutes of Crocin 650
- 12 FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Combiflam
- 12.1 Q. What is Crocin 650?
- 12.2 Q. What are the uses of Combiflam?
- 12.3 Q. What are the side effects of Combiflam?
- 12.4 Q. How long does it take for Crocin 650 to show results?
- 12.5 Q. Should Crocin 650 be taken on an empty stomach?
- 12.6 Q. Does Crocin 650 make you drowsy?
- 12.7 Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Crocin 650 doses?
- 12.8 Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- 12.9 Q. Does Crocin 650 effect my menstrual cycle?
- 12.10 Q. Is Crocin 650 safe for children?
- 12.11 Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Crocin 650?
- 12.12 Q. Is Crocin 650 legal in India?
- 13 Authored By –
What is Crocin 650?
It is mainly used to treat conditions like tooth pain, back pain, osteoarthritis and fever. Liver toxicity and Jaundice are the major side effect at high repetitive doses. It should be totally avoided in case of liver, kidney or heart impairment and allergic reactions.
Crocin 650 Composition: Paracetamol 650mg.
Manufactured By: Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Prescription: Not required as it is available as OTC
Form: Tablet, Drops and Syrups.
Price: Rs.29.00 for 15 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: NSAID + Analgesic + Antipyretic
Uses of Crocin 650
Crocin 650 is used to prevent or treat following conditions:
- Back pain: Used to treat back pain.
- Ankylosing Spondylitis: Used in cases of ankylosing spondylitis.
- Frozen Shoulder: Used to treat pain in cases of frozen shoulder
- Dental Pain: Used to treat tooth pain in cases of dental infection.
- Menstrual Pain: Used to treat pain during menstruation (period pain).
- Headache: Used to treat mild to moderate cases of Headache.
- Osteoarthritis: Used in cases of Osteoarthritis.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Used in cases of rheumatoid arthritis.
- Fever: Used in cases of mild to moderate fever as it contains Paracetamol.
How does Crocin 650 work?
- Crocin 650 contains Paracetamol as its main active ingredient.
- Paracetamol is a Non steroidal anti inflammatory drug (NSAID) used to treat pain and other signs of inflammation.
- It works by inhibiting the COX (Cyclo oxygenase) enzymes which further blocks prostaglandin secretion.
- Prostaglandins are accountable for producing inflammatory signs and inhibition of prostaglandin aids in providing relief from the symptoms
- Paracetamol selectively inhibits the COX enzymes in brain which aids for its analgesic and antipyretic property.
How to take Crocin 650?
- Crocin 650 is usually available in the form of tablets, drops and Syrups.
- Crocin 650 Tablet is taken by mouth with a glass of water preferably with or after meals.
- Crocin 650 Tablet should never be chewed or crushed. It should be swallowed as a whole.
- Crocin 650 Tablet should be taken with equal time interval between two doses, if more than one dose a day is prescribed.
- When consuming the syrup form, always shake the bottle well before use to have a homogenous mixture of drug and use a measuring cup to consume the prescribed dose of drug.
- It is advisable to go through the pack insert properly before consuming the drug to have a better understanding of the drug.
Crocin 650 Common Dosage
- The dosage of the drug is to be decided by the doctor for every individual as per the age, weight, mental status, allergic history of the patient.
- Common Adult dose of Crocin 650 Tablet is a single tablet of 650mg 2-3 times a day with an interval of at least 4-6 hours between two doses or as prescribed by the doctor depending upon the severity of the symptoms.
- Crocin syrup is available for paediatric population but proper consultation with the doctor is advisable before administering the drug to children.
- Dose alteration should be avoided without proper medical consultation.
Q. What happens if I overdose on Crocin 650?
Overdose of Crocin 650 can cause undesirable effects like nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain and can also lead to complications like liver damage in few cases.
Therefore, strictly adhere to the prescribed dose and seek medical help immediately in case of any symptoms of overdose.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Crocin 650?
Dose prescribed by the doctor should never be missed and if missed, it should be consumed always as soon as you remember it. But, avoid taking a double dose if it’s already time for the second dose after that as it may lead to overdose of the drug
Q. What happens if I eat expired Crocin 650?
Consuming expired Crocin 650 tablet might not exhibit desirable effects or any side effects. However, one should abstain from consuming expired drug.
Q. Onset time of Crocin 650?
The effect of Crocin 650 can be seen within 45 minutes to one hour of oral administration of the drug.
Q. Till when does the effect of Crocin 650 stays?
- Time gap of 4-6 hours is mandatory between two doses.
- Time taken by drug to show the desired effects may vary with every individual patient.
When to Avoid Crocin 650?
Do not Consume Crocin 650 if:
- Allergy: In cases of known allergy to Crocin 650 or any other NSAIDs or any of its constituents.
- Gastric bleeding: In cases of patients with history of gastric ulcer, bleeding or perforations as it can cause swelling and bleeding of stomach, colon or anus.
- Heart diseases: In cases of patients with heart diseases, heart failure or stroke.
- Asthma: In cases of patients in which Crocin 650 can trigger asthma attacks.
- Liver/ Kidney impairment: In cases of patients with liver disease and kidney disease or impairment.
- Premature infants: In cases of premature infants less than 2kgs in weight, to avoid liver toxicity.
Precautions While Taking Crocin 650:
- Elderly patients: Crocin 650 or any other NSAID should be used with caution in elderly patients as they are at high risk of serious side effects and fatalities.
- Liver/ Kidney diseases: Dose alteration may be required by the physician in patients with kidney, heart or liver impairments.
- GI lesions: Crocin 650 should be used with extra caution in patients with history of gastrointestinal lesions.
- Alcoholics: Crocin 650 should be avoided in chronic alcoholics as it can lead to liver damage.
Warnings When Taking Crocin 650
- There should be equally spaced time interval between two doses.
- Consume plenty of fluids to counteract the potential undesirable effects of the drug.
- Always consume the tablet with or after meals to prevent any gastric irritation.
- Do not take two different kinds of pain killer concomitantly.
Side-Effects of Crocin 650:
The side effects associated with Crocin 650 are:
- Nausea (common)
- Vomiting (common)
- Abdominal pain (less common)
- High Blood Pressure (less common)
- Diarrhoea (less common)
- Dizziness (common)
- Jaundice (rare)
- Indigestion (common)
- Flatulence (less common)
- Constipation (less common)
- Loss of appetite (less common)
- Liver toxicity (less common)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Crocin 650?
- Crocin 650 is known to cause allergic reaction with symptoms like rashes, breathing difficulty, swelling of face, lip and throat.
- In case of any such signs, immediate medical help should be taken.
What are the effects of Crocin 650 on organs?
- Crocin 650 should used with caution in patients with liver, kidney or heart impairment as it can affect the liver, kidney and heart.
- Dose adjustment is mandatory in such cases.
Drug Interactions to be Careful About
It is always advisable to be careful of certain drug to drug or drug to food interactions when consuming Crocin 650. Always be aware of the food items, other drugs or lab tests while consuming Crocin 650. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Combiflam
No particular food item to be avoided.
2. Medicines Interactions with Combiflam
All the potential drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advisable that the patient must inform the physician about of all the drugs/products you use. You must notify the doctor about the herbal products that you are currently consuming. You should never alter the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
The common drug interactions have been noticed with the following drugs:
- Digoxin (mild)
- Corticosteroids (mild)
- Benzydamine (moderate)
- Warfarin (moderate)
- Oxyphenbutazone (mild)
- Lithium (mild)
- Nimesulide (mild)
- Antifungals (moderate)
- Metamizole (moderate)
- Anti hypertensive (mild)
3. Effects of Combiflam on Lab Tests
Crocin 650 does not affect any lab tests as such.
4. Combiflam’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Any Liver or kidney diseases and gastric ulcer.
Q. Can I have Crocin 650 with alcohol?
No, it is advisable to avoid alcohol consumption while on Crocin 650 therapy as it can increase the chances of liver damage. Therefore, the doctor should always be consulted before taking alcohol with Crocin 650.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
No particular food item is to be avoided.
Q. Can I have Crocin 650 when pregnant?
Yes, it is safe to consume during pregnancy but always inform the doctor before taking Crocin 650 in cases of pregnancy or if you’re planning to conceive.
Q. Can I have Crocin 650 when feeding a baby?
Calpol is known to be excreted in human breast milk. Therefore, the drug should be used only when necessary and with caution after informing the doctor about the case.
Q. Can I drive after taking Crocin 650?
It is safe to drive after consuming Crocin 650 tablet but one should avoid driving or operating heavy machinery if drowsiness or dizziness occurs.
Buyer’s Guide – Crocin 650 Composition, Variant and Price
|Crocin Baby 15ml Drops||Paracetamol 100mg||Rs. 25.53 for 1 Pack|
|Crocin Pain Relief Tablet||Paracetamol 650mg + Caffeine 50mg||Rs. 59.76 for 15 Tablets|
|Crocin Advance tablet||Paracetamol 500mg||Rs. 14.23 for 15 tablets|
|Crocin Cold N Flu Tablet||Paracetamol 500mg +Phenylephrine 10mg + Caffeine 32mg||Rs. 16.50 for 6 tablets|
|Crocin suspension 60ml||Paracetamol 120mg/5ml||Rs. 33.34 for 1 pack|
Substitutes of Crocin 650
The following are alternative drugs for Crocin 650:
- Calpol 650mg Tablet:
- Manufactured by GSK
- Price- Rs. 29.02
- Dolo 650mg Tablet:
- Manufactured by Micro Labs Ltd
- Price- Rs. 29.06
- Pararite 650mg Tablet:
- Manufactured by MHS Pharmaceuticals
- Price- Rs. 15.6
- Copar 650mg Tablet:
- Manufactured by Comed Chemicals
- Price- Rs. 19.35
Storage requirements for Crocin 650
- Store the Crocin 650 tablet at a dry place away from direct heat or sunlight at room temperature.
- Keep it at a place away from children’s reach.
Also check: Medlife Coupon Code for New Users
FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Combiflam
Q. What is Crocin 650?
Ans. Crocin 650 is a unicomponent drug. Paracetamol is a Non steroidal anti inflammatory drug (NSAID) with analgesic (Pain reliever) and anti inflammatory properties as well as anti pyretic in nature. It is used mainly to treat conditions like pain of osteoarthritis, fever and dental pain.
Q. What are the uses of Combiflam?
Ans. It is used mainly to treat conditions like pain of osteoarthritis, fever and dental pain.
Q. What are the side effects of Combiflam?
Ans. The most common side effects of Combiflam are Nausea, Vomiting, Abdominal pain, High Blood Pressure, Diarrhoea, Dizziness, Jaundice, Indigestion
Q. How long does it take for Crocin 650 to show results?
Ans. The effect of Crocin 650 can be seen within 45 minutes to 1 hour of oral administration of the drug and the time taken by drug to show the desired effects may vary with every individual patient.
Q. Should Crocin 650 be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. Crocin 650 should not be taken empty stomach to prevent any potential stomach upset or chances of stomach bleeding in few cases.
Q. Does Crocin 650 make you drowsy?
Ans. Yes, Crocin 650 may cause drowsiness in few cases but it varies with every individual.
Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Crocin 650 doses?
Ans. Ideal time gap of 4-6 hours should be there between two doses.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Crocin 650 should be consumed as prescribed by the doctor and in case of any severity of symptoms, immediate medical help or consultation should be taken. And the doctor should be the one to decide when and how to stop the cycle of Crocin 650.
Q. Does Crocin 650 effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. No, it generally doesn’t affect the menstrual cycle but one should always consult the doctor in case of pre existing menstrual problems before consuming the drug
Q. Is Crocin 650 safe for children?
Ans. Crocin 650 is available in different form for paediatric population but proper consultation and recommendation by the Paediatrician should always be taken.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Crocin 650?
Ans. Any liver disorder or allergic reactions are to be taken into consideration before taking Crocin 650.
Q. Is Crocin 650 legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.