Ctor Composition – Atorvastatin (10mg)
Manufactured By – Claris Lifesciences Ltd
Prescription – Prescription Required
Form – Tablet
Price – Rs 90.25
Quantity – 10 tablets in 1 strip
What is CTor?
- CTor contains Atorvastatin as an active ingredient.
- It is a lipid-altering agent, i.e., lowering of total and LDL (bad) cholesterol and slightly increases HDL (good) cholesterol.
- CTor contains Atorvastatin which inhibits HMG-CoA reductase, an enzyme which is responsible for catalyzing an early step in the synthesis of cholesterol.
Buy & Get Upto 30% Discount: Practo Coupons
Uses of CTor
- CTor is used in adult patients without clinically evident heart disease, but with multiple risk factors for heart disease such as age, smoking, hypertension, low HDL-C, or a family history of early heart disease, CTor is indicated to:
- Reduce the risk of heart attack
- Reduce the risk of stroke
- Reduce the risk for heart disease
- In patients with Type 2 diabetes, and without clinically evident heart disease, but with multiple risk factors for heart disease such as smoking, or hypertension, CTor is indicated to:
- Reduce the risk of heart attack.
- Reduce the risk of stroke.
- In patients with clinically evident heart disease, CTor is indicated to:
- Reduce the risk of heart attack
- Reduce the risk of stroke
- Reduce the risk of hospitalization for heart failure
- Reduce the risk of angina (pain in heart due to lack of oxygen supply to heart muscles)
CTor contains Atorvastatin which inhibits HMG-CoA reductase, an enzyme which is responsible for catalyzing an early step in the synthesis of cholesterol.
Also Read: Azee 500 Uses | Bandy Plus Uses | Dolo 650 Uses
C Tor Price in India
|Specifics||C Tor Price|
|10 mg Strip of 10 Tablets||Rs 90.25|
|20 mg Strip of 10 Tablets||Rs 128.18|
How to Take CTor?
- Available in the form of tablet: 10, 20, 40, and 80 mg.
- CTor tablets are usually well absorbed orally and should be directly swallowed with water at one go. They can be taken with or without food.
- For ideal results, it should always be taken at evenly spaced intervals to maintain certain amount of drug in the body all the time.
- Dosage regimen should be adjusted according to individual patient needs, type of disease or as advised by the doctor.
Common Dosage for CTor
- The drug dosage and form is decided by the physician based upon:
- Age and body weight of the patient
- Health status/medical condition of the patient
- Disease severity
- Reaction to the first dose
- History of allergy/drug reactions
- Dose range: 10 to 80 mg once daily
- Recommended start dose: 10 or 20 mg once daily
- Patients requiring large LDL-C reduction (>45%) may start at 40 mg once daily
- Pediatric starting dose: 10 mg once daily; maximum recommended dose: 20 mg once daily
- CTor is usually taken either with food or immediately after food. Dosage depends upon the condition of the patient.
- Never use more than the recommended dose or for longer periods of time without doctor’s consent.
Precautions – When to Avoid CTor?
CTor 10 MG Tablet should not be used in the following conditions:
- Allergy to CTor
- Active liver disease
- Unexplained persistent elevations in liver enzymes
CTor should be used with caution in the following conditions:
- Liver and kidney problems
- Personal or family history of muscle problems
- Previous stroke with bleeding into the brain
Also Read: Aristozyme Dosage | Augmentin 625 Dosage | Betnovate N Dosage
Side-effects of CTor 10 MG Tablet
- Side effects are possible but do not always occur in all the patients.
- Side effects may include:
- Forgetfulness, confusion, dizziness, headache, lack of sleep, memory loss, weakness
- Running nose, bronchitis
- Chest pain, swelling in legs
- Cramps in stomach, constipation, diarrhea, gas in stomach, heartburn, altered taste, inflammation in liver and pancreas, indigestion, increased liver enzymes, nausea
- Increased blood sugar levels
- Body pain, arthritis, muscle pain, inflammation of the muscles
In such cases, tell your doctor and seek immediate medical attention.
You may also read other medicine side effects - Amlodipine | Avil | C Tax-O
Reported Allergic Reactions
- Although CTor is used to lower cholesterol levels but an allergic reaction to CTor might occur.
- Possible allergic reactions reported include swelling especially on face, lips and throat, difficulty in breathing or swallowing.
Effect on organs
- Dose adjustment is needed in patients suffering from kidney and liver diseases.
- In such patients, CTor should be administered with caution.
Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
- All the possible drug interactions might not be listed here. You must always inform the physician of all the drugs/products you use.
- You must also inform about the herbal products that you are consuming. You must not modify the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
- Some of the common drugs which interact with CTor 10 MG Tablet include:
- Bile acid sequestrants (cholestyramine, colestipol)
- Cyclosporine (Immunosuppressant medication)
- Erythromycin, clarithromycin (Antibiotics)
- Gemfibrozil (Drug used to lower lipid levels)
- Itraconazole (Anti-fungal drug)
- Colchicine (used to treat gout)
- Nelfinavir, ritonavir/saquinavir, lopinavir/ ritonavir, tipranavir/ritonavir, saquinavir/ritonavir, darunavir/ritonavir, fosamprenavir, fosamprenavir/ritonavir, telaprevir
- Large doses of niacin
- Oral contraceptives
Effects/Results After Consuming CTor
The time taken for CTor to show its effect depends upon the condition being treated.
Storage Requirements for CTor 10 MG Tablet
- Protect from humidity, light, and temperatures above 40C.
Pro Tips When Taking CTor
- Regular exercise, lifestyle modifications and healthy diet would further aid in lowering blood cholesterol levels.
- CTor may increase levels of oral contraceptives in blood. Kindly inform your doctor if you are on oral contraceptives.
FAQ – Things to Know About CTor
Is CTor 10 MG Tablet Addictive?
No such tendency has been reported.
Can I have CTor with alcohol?
Patients are advised not to drink alcohol with CTor as alcohol intensifies drowsiness.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Avoid grapefruit and grapefruit juice.
Can I have CTor 10 MG Tablet When Pregnant?
- Always inform your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
- CTor may cause fetal harm when administered to a pregnant woman. Serum cholesterol increase during normal pregnancy, and cholesterol or cholesterol derivatives are essential for fetal development.
Can I have CTor when feeding a baby?
- Always inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding your child.
- It is not known whether CTor 10 MG Tablet is excreted into human milk. However, a small amount of another drug in this class does pass into breast milk.
- Atorvastatin (active ingredient in CTor) can cause serious adverse reactions in nursing children. Women who require CTor treatment should not breastfeed their children.
Can I drive after taking CTor 10 MG Tablet?
- Few patients might feel drowsy or dizzy and in such cases it should be used with caution while driving.
What happens if I overdose on CTor?
- It should not be administered in more than prescribed dose.
- Taking more medication or with increased frequency will not improve your symptoms; rather they may cause serious side effects.
- In case of over dosage, consult your doctor immediately.
What happens if I eat expired CTor?
- It is very unlikely for a single dose of expired CTor 10 MG Tablet to produce an adverse effect.
- However, please consult your physician if you feel unwell or sick after consuming an expired medicine.
- An expired drug might not be as potent in treating your condition. It is advisable to refrain from using expired drug.
What happens if I miss a dose of CTor 10 MG Tablet?
- The medicine may not work well if you miss a dose because for effective working of the drug, a certain amount of drug must be present in your body at all times.
- Always consume the missed dose as soon as you remember it. But, if it is already time to take the second dose after that – do not take double dose.