Table of Contents
- 1 What is Cycladol?
- 2 Uses of Cycladol 20 MG tablet
- 3 Cycladol Composition
- 4 How Does Cycladol Work?
- 5 Cycladol Price in India
- 6 How to Take Cycladol 20 MG tablet?
- 7 Common Dosage of Cycladol
- 8 When to Avoid Cycladol & Precautions to Take?
- 9 Side Effects of Cycladol 20 MG Tablet
- 10 What Are The Effects of Cycladol 20 MG Tablet on Organs?
- 11 Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
- 12 Drug interactions to be careful about
- 13 Storage Requirements for Cycladol 20 MG tablet
- 14 Pro Tips When Taking Cycladol 20 MG tablet
- 15 FAQs
- 16 Is Cycladol 20 MG tablet addictive?
- 17 Can I have Cycladol 20 MG tablet with alcohol?
- 18 Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 19 Can I have Cycladol 20 MG tablet when pregnant?
- 20 Can I have Cycladol 20 MG tablet when feeding a baby?
- 21 Can I drive after taking Cycladol 20 MG tablet?
- 22 What happens if I overdose on Cycladol?
- 23 What happens if I eat expired Cycladol?
- 24 What happens if I miss a dose of Cycladol?
Cycladol Composition – Piroxicam (20mg)
Manufactured By – Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Prescription – Prescription Required
Form – Tablet
Price – Rs 44
Quantity – 14 Tablets in 1 Box
What is Cycladol?
Cycladol is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), used to relieve pain, fever, and signs of inflammation like redness, swelling etc. It is available in tablet form for oral administration. Cycladol 20 MG tablet is used mostly as an analgesic to relieve pain and inflammation (swelling) in arthritis patients.
Manufactured By – Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: Practo promo code | Medlife | Netmeds
Uses of Cycladol 20 MG tablet
Cycladol 20 MG tablet is prescribed for:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Frozen shoulder, dislocation
- Muscle pain
- Sprain and strain
- Soft tissue sport injuries
- Dental pain
- Menstrual pain
Read More: Coxib Uses | Deflox Uses | Demelan uses
The active ingredient of Cycladol is “Piroxicam”.
How Does Cycladol Work?
- Piroxicam (an active ingredient of Cycladol) works by obstructing the production of an enzyme called as Cyclo-oxygenase which helps in Prostaglandin synthesis.
- Synthesis of Prostaglandins in the body is associated with symptoms like pain, fever, swelling etc.
- Therefore by inhibiting the synthesis of prostaglandins, Piroxicam helps in relieving all associated symptoms (pain, swelling etc).
Cycladol Price in India
|Strip of 4 tablets of 200mg||Rs. 44|
Also Read: Airol price | Combivir price | Clopam price
How to Take Cycladol 20 MG tablet?
- Cycladol is administered orally in the form of a tablet, with or without food.
- Usually, Cycladol 20 MG tablet is taken along with food or milk, to help ease stomach irritation.
- These tablets should be swallowed as a whole and not broken, crushed or chewed.
- Piroxicam can also be injected in patients where administration by mouth is not possible or where immediate effect is needed for example pain following surgery. The injection can be given into a muscle or via a drip into a vein (intravenous infusion).
Common Dosage of Cycladol
- Use the lowest possible dose for the shortest duration whenever possible to reduce the risk of adverse effects when on Cycladol therapy.
- The most recommended adult dose being 10-20mg per day in divided doses depending upon the severity of symptoms.
- In the case of elderly 65 years and above, the body may process this drug more slowly. So doctors usually start with a lowered dose so that too much of this drug does not build up in your body.
When to Avoid Cycladol & Precautions to Take?
- Avoid using Cycladol if you are allergic to it or to other ingredients present in it.
- Cycladol is not recommended in patients having undergone heart surgery recently or suffering from asthma.
- In patients suffering from peptic ulcer, Cycladol can cause severe swelling and bleeding in the stomach, colon, and anus.
- Consumption of alcohol is not advised because of the risk of stomach bleeding.
- Be cautious if you have impaired renal, hepatic or cardiac function.
- Cycladol is not recommended for use in children below the age of 12 years.
Side Effects of Cycladol 20 MG Tablet
Some of the reported side effects of Cycladol 20 MG tablet are:
- Abdominal pain
- Heart burn
- Burning sensation in stomach
- Excessive gas in the stomach
- Change in appetite
What Are The Effects of Cycladol 20 MG Tablet on Organs?
- Gastrointestinal reactions- Loss of appetite, abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhea, indigestion, elevated liver enzymes, flatulence, gross bleeding/perforation, heartburn, nausea, ulcers, and vomiting.
- Hematological reactions- Anemia and increased bleeding time.
- Central nervous system reactions- Dizziness and headache.
- Dermatological reactions- Itching and rash.
- Genitourinary reactions- Abnormal kidney function.
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
Signs of an allergic reaction caused from Cycladol 20 MG tablet are:
- WheezingTrouble breathing
- Hives, rashes
- Swelling of face, neck
Drug interactions to be careful about
Following drugs need to be avoided while taking Cycladol 20 MG tablet:
- Angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors
- Beta blockers
Shows Effects/ Results In
- Cycladol inhibits chemical mediators, prostaglandins that cause pain and inflammation.
- The effect of this medicine can be seen within an hour.
Storage Requirements for Cycladol 20 MG tablet
- Keep it in an air-tight container.
- Keep it away from direct light or moisture.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
Pro Tips When Taking Cycladol 20 MG tablet
- Avoid lying down immediately after taking Cycladol.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol while taking Cycladol 20 MG tablet.
- NSAIDs should only be prescribed at the lowest dose possible and for the shortest time.
Is Cycladol 20 MG tablet addictive?
Can I have Cycladol 20 MG tablet with alcohol?
Daily use of alcohol while using Cycladol 20 MG tablet may increase your risk for stomach bleeding. Limit your alcohol consumption
Any particular food item to be avoided?
No; not until your doctor tells you otherwise.
Can I have Cycladol 20 MG tablet when pregnant?
- During pregnancy avoid taking Cycladol 20 MG tablet unless entirely necessary.
- It is not recommended for use during the first and third trimesters of pregnancy as it can harm the foetus or interference with normal delivery.
Can I have Cycladol 20 MG tablet when feeding a baby?
It is not known whether Piroxicam is secreted in breast milk. Use with caution or only when advised in lactating mothers
Can I drive after taking Cycladol 20 MG tablet?
No, as Cycladol 20 MG tablet may make you feel dizzy, drowsy or affect your vision.
What happens if I overdose on Cycladol?
An overdose of Cycladol may cause nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, black or bloody stools, or coughing up blood.
What happens if I eat expired Cycladol?
The expired drug may become ineffective in treating your prescribed conditions, thus to be on the safe side, it is important not to use an expired drug.
What happens if I miss a dose of Cycladol?
If you miss a dose of Cycladol, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double dose for a missed one.
Also Read: Althrocin tablet | Citol Tablet | Colimex Tablet