Skip to Content
- What is Cyclophosphamide?
- Uses of Cyclophosphamide
- How Does Cyclophosphamide Work?
- How to Take Cyclophosphamide?
- Cyclophosphamide Price In India
- Common Dosage for Cyclophosphamide?
- When to Avoid Cyclophosphamide?
- Side-Effects of Cyclophosphamide
- Effects of Cyclophosphamide on Organs?
- Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
- Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
- Effects/Results After Consuming Cyclophosphamide
- Is Cyclophosphamide addictive?
- Can I have Cyclophosphamide with alcohol?
- Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Can I have Cyclophosphamide when pregnant?
- Can I have Cyclophosphamide when feeding a baby?
- Can I drive after taking Cyclophosphamide?
- What happens if I overdose on Cyclophosphamide?
- What happens if I use expired Cyclophosphamide?
- What happens if I miss a dose of Cyclophosphamide?
- Storage Requirements
- Pro Tips When Taking Cyclophosphamide
What is Cyclophosphamide?
Cyclophosphamide is a chemotherapy medicine which is used to treat a variety of cancers
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: Pharmeasy Offers
Uses of Cyclophosphamide
- Blood cancer
- Lung cancer
- Breast cancer
- Hodgkin’s disease
- Ovarian cancer
- Nephrotic Syndrome
Also Read: Cisplatin Uses | Chlorthalidone Uses | Chlorpheniramine Maleate Uses
How Does Cyclophosphamide Work?
Cyclophosphamide acts by damaging the genetic material (DNA and RNA) of cancer affected cells. This results in stopping the growth of cancer. Cyclophosphamide also works by suppressing the immune system of your body.
How to Take Cyclophosphamide?
Cyclopshosphamide tablet must be swallowed as a whole with a glass of water. You must not chew, crush or break the tablet while taking it. If you are prescribed with injection form then your healthcare provider will give you the injection. You may consume Cyclophosphamide on an empty or full stomach.
Cyclophosphamide Price In India
|500 mg Strip of 5 Tablets||Rs 176.44|
Also Read: Cyclosprine Price | Danazol Price
Common Dosage for Cyclophosphamide?
The oral form of Cyclophosphamide is generally prescribed once or twice daily. Your doctor may alter your dosage and its frequency depending upon the severity of your condition.
When to Avoid Cyclophosphamide?
Avoid Cyclophosphamide if:
- You are allergic to any component of this drug
- You are about to get a vaccination
- You have a surgery coming up
- Your adrenal glands are surgically removed
Side-Effects of Cyclophosphamide
- Blood in urine
- Hair loss
- Decreased WBC count
- Painful urination
- Skin paleness
- feeling light-headed
- Increased heart rate,
- Decreased alertness
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
- Body pain
- Flu symptoms,
- Mouth sores
Also Read: Clarithromycin Side Effect | Cotrimoxazole Side Effect
Effects of Cyclophosphamide on Organs?
Long-term use of Cyclophosphamide is not safe for the patients with kidney and liver disease. Your doctor may adjust your dose as per your requirement.
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
Some of the common allergic reactions reported with Cyclophosphamide are hives, difficulty breathing, and swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
Effects/Results After Consuming Cyclophosphamide
The effect of Cyclophosphamide can be observed within 1 hour of administration. Your disease symptoms will start to improve after taking this medication.
Things to Know About Cyclophosphamide
Is Cyclophosphamide addictive?
Cyclophosphamide is not addictive in nature
Can I have Cyclophosphamide with alcohol?
It is better to avoid alcohol when on Cyclophosphamide. Consult your doctor about limiting alcohol with this medication. Co-consumption of alcohol with Cyclophosphamide causes excessive sleepiness and drowsiness.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
You must consult your doctor regarding the foods to be avoided.
Can I have Cyclophosphamide when pregnant?
In most cases, it is not safe to take Cyclophosphamide if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy. Consult your doctor if it is absolutely necessary to take this medication.
Can I have Cyclophosphamide when feeding a baby?
Cyclophosphamide is known to pass in mother’s milk to baby. Consult your doctor if it is absolutely necessary to take this medication while you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive after taking Cyclophosphamide?
It is generally safe to drive while taking Cyclophosphamide. However, if you experience drowsiness, dizziness, a headache or any side effect that alters your consciousness then it may not be safe to drive.
What happens if I overdose on Cyclophosphamide?
Overdose of Cyclophosphamide will not improve your symptoms. It may even cause serious side-effects like stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Consult your doctor immediately in case of overdose. Chances of an overdose in injectable form are minimal as they are given by your healthcare provider.
What happens if I use expired Cyclophosphamide?
If by mistake you consume a dose of expired Cyclophosphamide, the chances of harm are very less. It is advised to check the label for expiry date always before use. Chances of expired drug administration in injectable form are minimal as they are given by your healthcare provider.
What happens if I miss a dose of Cyclophosphamide?
As soon as you remember, take the missed dose. However, if it is already time for next dose, carry on with your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose. Chances of missed dose in injectable form are minimal as they are given by your healthcare provider.
- Always store Cyclophosphamide at a temperature around 25 degree Celsius
- Storing in moisture-prone places like bathroom may damage the tablet
- Place the injectable form of the drug in the refrigerator
- Keep Cyclophosphamide away from direct heat and sunlight
- Store it where your children and pets can’t reach
Pro Tips When Taking Cyclophosphamide
- Do not try to self-adjust the dose. Take it in the quantity prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not share your medication with anyone even if they have a similar condition.
- Discuss the pros and cons of Cyclophosphamide if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy or if you are breastfeeding.
- You must consume plenty of fluid while on this medication.
- Your doctor must know about your medical history while prescribing Cyclophosphamide.
Other medicine to read: Dapsone