Table of Contents
- What is Cypon Syrup?
- Best Offers on Cypon Syrup
- Uses of Cypon Syrup
- How Does Cypon Syrup Work?
- How to Take Cypon Syrup?
- Common Dosage for Cypon Syrup
- When to Avoid Cypon Syrup?
- Precautions While Taking Cypon Syrup
- Side-Effects of Cypon Syrup
- Drug Interactions With Cypon Syrup to be Careful About
- Cypon Syrup Composition, Variant and Price – Buyer’s Guide
- Substitutes of Cypon Syrup
- FAQs – 13 Important Questions Answered about Cypon Syrup
- Authored By –
What is Cypon Syrup?
Cypon syrup is mainly used as an appetite booster in children and to counteract the inflammatory signs like redness, swelling etc. Drowsiness and dryness of mouth and throat are the major side effect which occurs at high doses of cypon syrup. It should be totally avoided in case of severe kidney diseases and in newborn babies.
Cypon Composition: Cyproheptadine 2mg, Tricholine Citrate 275mg, Sorbitol 2gm
Manufactured By: Geno Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Prescription: Not required as it is available as over the counter drug (OTC)
Price: Rs. 98 for 200ml bottle
Expiry/Shelf Life: 4 months (when stored at the cool place)
Type of Drug: Antihistamine/ antiallergic.
Best Offers on Cypon Syrup
Save on your medical expenses by ordering your medicines online. Check out the below given Medlife offers to avail discount on medicines.
|Best Offers on Cypon Syrup|
|75% Off (Flat 25% Off + 50% PayPal Cash)||Get Offer|
|Upto 50% PayPal Cash||Get Offer|
|Upto Rs 500 Paytm Cash||Get Offer|
|Upto Rs 250 Amazon Pay Balance||Get Offer|
|100% Mobikwik SuperCash||Get Offer|
Uses of Cypon Syrup
Cypon syrup serves a great purpose in the prevention and treatment of different conditions. It is prescribed for the following:
- Appetite stimulant: Used in cases of low appetite, where Cypon syrup is used to boost the appetite of the patient.
- Watery Eyes: Used in cases of watery eyes, as it decreases the secretion in the body.
- Itching: Used to treat itching as it is anti histaminic in nature.
- Sneezing: Used to control or treat sneezing.
- Cold: Used to treat cold and other symptoms like running nose etc.
- Cough: Used to treat cough as it contains anti allergic drug as its main component.
Also Read: Darolac Uses | Dapoxetine Uses
How Does Cypon Syrup Work?
- Cypon syrup is composed of Cyproheptadine, Tricholine and Sorbitol
- Anti-histamines block the release of an important chemical involved in local immune response known as histamine and thereby reduce the symptoms of an allergic reaction.
- It also leads to reduction in the effect of a chemical messenger named serotonin in the hypothalamus area of the brain which regulates the appetite.
How to Take Cypon Syrup?
- Cypon syrup is usually available in mostly syrup form.
- It should be taken with food or without food, preferably at night at fixed times daily.
- Before consuming Cypon syrup, it should be shaken up properly to have a homogenous mix of medication and a measuring cup should be used always for correct dose administration.
- It is recommended for a patient to go through the leaflet inside the package thoroughly to have better understanding about the drug.
Common Dosage for Cypon Syrup
- Cypon Syrup dosage can be decided by the doctor for every individual as per age, weight, mental status, allergic history and health status of the patient.
- Common dose of Cypon syrup is 1-2 tablespoons once or twice a day.
- Dose should be taken at evenly spaced time intervals.
Q. What happens if I overdose on Cypon Syrup?
Overdose of Cypon Syrup can increase the chances of some serious side effects. The doctor or trained medical staff should be consulted immediately in case of Cypon Syrup overdose.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Cypon Syrup?
The drug may not exhibit proper effects, if you miss a dose because, for effective working of the drug, a certain amount of drug must be present in your body at all times.
Consume the missed dose always as soon as you remember it. But, do not take a double dose if it’s already time to take the second dose after that as it may lead to overdose of the drug.
Q. What happens if I eat expired Cypon Syrup?
An adverse event is very unlikely to occur by a single dose of the expired drug. However, the efficacy of the expired drug may be reduced and the physician should be consulted in such cases. But, it is advisable to abstain from using an expired drug
Q. What is the onset time of Cypon Syrup?
For treating river blindness, peak effect can be observed in 3 to 6 months and for roundworm infections, it can be observed within 3 months of the therapy with Cypon Syrup.
Q. Till When Does The Effect of Cypon Syrup Stay?
Cypon Syrup takes a week initially for one to feel recovered after starting treatment with Cypon syrup. A complete prescribed dose should be taken before cessation of drug.
Also Read: Avil Dosage | Dolo 650 Dosage
When to Avoid Cypon Syrup?
Do not Consume Cypon Syrup Tablets in the following scenarios
- Allergy: In case of allergy to any of its components
- Newborns/ Underage: Used in Newborn babies
- Glaucoma: Used in cases of Narrow-angle Glaucoma
- Intolerance: Used in cases of Fructose intolerance
- Kidney Diseases: Used in Patients with moderate to severe kidney disease
Precautions While Taking Cypon Syrup
- Avoid Overdosage: Drug overdose should be avoided.
- Time Interval: A gap of 4-6 hours should be maintained between the two doses to avoid increased levels of drug in the blood as it can lead to toxicity.
- Allergic Reaction: Any allergic reaction should be immediately reported to the doctor.
Warnings When Taking Cypon Syrup
- Take the dose as advised by the doctor
- Do not alter the dose without medical supervision.
- In case of any allergic symptoms, seek medical help immediately.
Side-Effects of Cypon Syrup
The side effects associated with Cypon Syrup Tablets used for different treatments are
- Drowsiness (Common)
- Nausea (Common)
- Vomiting (less Common)
- Diarrhoea (less Common)
- Weight gain (less Common)
- Blurred vision (rare)
- Dryness of mouth, throat (Common)
- Abdominal pain (less Common)
- Light-headedness (Common)
- Feeling of tiredness (Common)
- Low blood pressure (Less common)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Cypon Syrup?
Possible allergic reactions reported for Cypon Syrup are:
- Rashes (less common)
- Swelling of eyes, face, lips, mouth or tongue (less common)
- Loss of consciousness. (rare)
- Breathlessness (Common)
What Are The Effects of Cypon Syrup on Organs?
- The dose of Cypon syrup should be decided by the doctor in patients suffering from liver diseases.
- Cypon syrup should be used with caution in cases of kidney or liver diseases.
Drug Interactions With Cypon Syrup to be Careful About
All the possible drug interactions might not be listed here. One needs to be careful of certain drug interactions when consuming Cypon Syrup. These may span from certain food items to other medicines to some tests which should not be taken right after consuming Cypon Syrup. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Cypon Syrup
No particular food item to be avoided.
2. Medicines Interactions with Cypon Syrup
All the possible drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advised that the patient must inform the physician about of all the drugs/products you use. You must also inform about the herbal products that you are consuming. You must not modify the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
The common drug interactions have been noticed with the following drugs:
- Alcohol (Moderate): as antihistamines are known to cause drowsiness and alcohol can further worsen the effects.
- Anisindione (moderate)
- Bendrofluazide (Mild)
- Fluoxetine (Mild)
- Alprazolam (Severe): Alprazolam can act with Cypon Syrup to produce excessive sedation or drowsiness.
- Dicumarol (mild)
- Carvedilol (mild)
3. Effects of Cypon Syrup on Lab Tests
Cypon Syrup does not affect any laboratory tests
4. Cypon Syrup’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
kidney or liver disease.
Q. Can I have Cypon Syrup with alcohol?
No known reports of any interaction with alcohol but it should be avoided as cypon syrup contains anti histamine which can lead to drowsiness..
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
Q. Can I have Cypon Syrup when pregnant?
Yes, Cypon syrup can be used in pregnant women as no known adverse effects on foetus are seen yet but the doctor should always be notified if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant
Q. Can I have Cypon Syrup when feeding a baby?
No evidence of excretion of Cypon syrup in human milk so it can be used in lactating mothers. The doctor should always be informed if you are breastfeeding your child.
Q. Can I drive after taking Cypon Syrup?
One can drive after taking Cypon syrup but should avoid driving if any dizziness or drowsiness occurs.
Also Read: Ciplox 500 Side Effect | Cefixime 200 Side Effect | Calpol Side Effect
Cypon Syrup Composition, Variant and Price – Buyer’s Guide
|Cypon Syrup Variants||Cypon Syrup Composition||Cypon Syrup Price (Rs.)|
|Cypon Syrup||Cyproheptadine 2MG/5ML + Tricholine Citrate 275MG/5ML + Sorbitol 2GM/5ML||Rs. 98 for 200ml syrup|
|Cypon Capsule||Cyproheptadine 2MG||Rs.33.5 for 10 capsules|
|Cypon Oral Drops||Cyproheptadine 1.5MG + Tricholine Citrate 55MG||Rs. 47.5 for 15ml drops|
|Cypon H Plus/Cypon H Syrup||Trachyspermumammi + Embilica officinalis + Tinosporacordifolia + Cuminumcyminum (PicrorhizaKurroa)||Rs. 93 for 200ml syrup|
|Cypon G Syrup||Cyproheptadine 2MG/5ML + Tricholine Citrate 275MG/5ML + Sorbitol 2GM/5ML||Rs. 4.46|
Substitutes of Cypon Syrup
The following are alternative drugs for Cypon Syrup:
- Aptimust 200ml Syrup:
- Manufactured by – Mankind Pharma Ltd
- Price – Rs. 110 for 200ml
- Normatone 210ml Syrup:
- Manufactured by – Mankind Pharma Ltd.
- Price – Rs. 105 for 210ml
- Apitat 30ml Syrup:
- Manufactured by – Lupin Ltd.
- Price – Rs. 85 for 200ml
Storage Requirements for Cypon Syrup Tablets
- Cypon Syrup should be stored in a cool, moisture-free place away from direct heat or light.
- Drug should be kept out of children’s reach.
FAQs – 13 Important Questions Answered about Cypon Syrup
Q. What is Cypon Syrup?
Ans. Cypon Syrup belongs to the group of “anti histamines”. It contains Cyproheptadine as its main constituent and acts as a potent anti histaminic. It is used mainly building up the appetite in children with poor appetite and also used for allergic reactions or to treat the signs of inflammation like redness and swelling etc.
Q. What are the uses of Cypon Syrup?
Ans. It is used mainly building up the appetite in children with poor appetite and also used for allergic reactions or to treat the signs of inflammation like redness and swelling etc.
Q. What are the side effects of Cypon Syrup?
Ans. The most common side effects of Cypon Syrup are, drowsiness, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, weight gain, blurred vision, dryness of mouth and throat, abdominal pain
Q. How effective is Cypon Syrup?
Ans. Cypon Syrup is effective due to its Cyproheptadine as its main constituent and acts as a potent antihistaminic. However, there are other medicines which perform better when.
Q. How long does it take for Cypon Syrup to show results?
Ans. Cypon Syrup shows its affect within 7-10 days of start of drug therapy.
Q. Should Cypon Syrup be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. No, Cypon Syrup should preferably be taken with or after food.
Q. Does Cypon Syrup make you drowsy?
Ans. Cypon Syrup might cause drowsiness in few cases but it varies with every individual.
Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Cypon Syrup doses?
Ans. Ideal time gap of atleast 4-6 hours should be there between two doses to avoid Cypon Syrup toxicity or overdose.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Cypon Syrup should be taken as prescribed by the doctor and should not be unless stated otherwise by the doctor.
The doctor should be the one to decide when and how to stop the cycle of Cypon Syrup.
Q. Does Cypon Syrup effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. It does not affect the menstrual cycle but always consult the doctor in case of pre existing menstrual problems before consuming the drug
Q. Is Cypon Syrup safe for children?
Ans. Cypon Syrup should not be administered to infants and neonates without paediatric consultation as a precautionary measure.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Cypon Syrup?
Ans. In cases of liver or kidney disorders, Cypon Syrup should be avoided as it may worsen the condition
Q. Is Cypon Syrup legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
Similar Reads –
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.
Authored By –