Table of Contents
- 1 What is Cyra D?
- 2 Uses of Cyra-D
- 3 How Does Cyra-D Work?
- 4 How to Take Cyra-D?
- 5 Common Dosage for Cyra-D
- 6 When to Avoid Cyra-D?
- 7 Precautions While Taking Cyra-D
- 8 Side-Effects of Cyra-D
- 9 Drug Interactions With Cyra-D to be Careful About
- 10 Cyra-D Composition, Variant and Price – Buyer’s Guide
- 11 Substitutes of Cyra-D
- 12 FAQs – 13 Important Questions Answered about Cyra-D
- 13 Authored By –
What is Cyra D?
Cyra D is predominantly Used to prevent or treat acidity, heartburn, nausea and vomiting. Constipation and Restlessness are the side effects at repetitive high doses of cyra d. It should be totally avoided in the case of Gastric bleeding and in patients with an allergic history.
Cyra D Composition: Rabeprazole Sodium 20mg + Domperidone 30mg
Manufactured by: Systopic Laboratories Pvt Ltd.
Prescription: To be sold by prescription but it is also available as OTC (Over the counter)
Form: Capsules and Injections
Price: Rs 40 for 10 Capsules.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Antiemetic and Antacid
Uses of Cyra-D
Cyra-D serves a great purpose in the prevention and treatment of different conditions. It is prescribed for the following:
- Regurgitation: Used in cases of regurgitation as it prevents the acidic content of the stomach from flowing backwards into the esophagus.
- Motion sickness: Used in cases of Motion sickness as it contains Domperidone that acts as an antiemetic and controls the vomiting centre in the brain.
- Gastric Ulcer: Used to treat the gastric ulcer.
- Nausea & Vomiting: Used to prevent or treat Nausea and vomiting as it contains Domperidone.
- Heartburn: Used to treat symptoms of heartburn as Cyra D exhibits anti-acidic properties.
- Gastroparesis: Used in cases of idiopathic or diabetic induced delayed stomach emptying known as Gastroparesis.
Also Read: Cyclopam Syrup Uses | Ciplox 500 Uses | Cefixime 200 Uses
How Does Cyra-D Work?
- Main constituents of Cyra D are Rabeprazole sodium and Domperidone
- Rabeprazole is a proton pump inhibitor (PPI ) which works by getting ionised to its active form (sulfenamide group) rapidly as soon as they are exposed to the acidic environment of the stomach
- These sulfenamide group forms covalent bond with SH (Sulfhydrl) group of proton pump and blocks it irreversibly, thereby blocking the acid secretion.
- Domperidone is an antiemetic, which works on the dopamine receptors as it is a dopamine antagonist. It works by impelling the food down through the food pipe from stomach to intestine at faster rate.
- Domperidone also blocks the food from flowing back its way up through food pipe and inhibits vomiting centre in the brain, eventually treating the feeling of nausea and vomiting.
How to Take Cyra-D?
- Cyra D is available in form of capsule and tablets for oral administration.
- The duration and dose of the drug is to be followed as per the doctor and should not be altered without proper consultation.
- Cyra D should be taken empty stomach (atleast half an hour before food), as food decreases the bioavailability of Rabeprazole.
- It is advised to take Cyra D in the morning (before breakfast) so that its peak serum concentration coincides with maximal activity of proton pumps.
- Cyra D tablet or capsules should not be chewed or crushed instead it is advisable to swallow it as a whole with plenty of water.
- The drug should not be discontinued without proper medical consultation even if symptoms have disappeared.
Common Dosage for Cyra-D
- Cyra-D dosage can be decided by the doctor for every individual as per age, weight, mental status, allergic history and health status of the patient.
- The common dose of Cyra D is One capsule a day in the morning before breakfast but it can be modified to two capsules a day also (in morning and evening), depending on the condition of the patient.
- It is advisable not to alter or stop the dose of the drug without proper medical consultation.
Q. What happens if I overdose on Cyra-D?
Cyra D dosage should be strictly consumed as per the prescription by the doctor. The doctor should be consulted immediately in case of Cyra D overdose as it can also lead to toxicity.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Cyra-D?
Cyra D should always be taken as per the fixed time schedule and in case of the missed dose, always try to consume it as soon as you remember. But, avoid taking the missed dose if it’s already time to take the second dose as it may lead to drug toxicity or drug overdose.
Q. What happens if I eat expired Cyra-D?
Expired Cyra D may not cause any undesirable effect but it is advisable to avoid consuming the expired drug as it may not be efficacious enough to provide the needed results and the doctor should be immediately consulted in case of any undesirable symptoms after consuming the expired drug.
Q. What is the onset time of Cyra-D?
The Drug has a half-life of 1-2 hour and its effects of start within 30 minutes to 1 hour following oral administration.
Q. Till When Does The Effect of Cyra-D Stay?
It reaches its maximum activity (inhibition of acid) in 2 hours.
When to Avoid Cyra-D?
Do not Consume Cyra-D Tablets in the following scenarios
- Liver disorders: In known cases of Liver dysfunction or diseases, Cyra D should be avoided or used only when advised by the doctor.
- Kidney Diseases: In known cases of Kidney disease, Cyra D should be avoided unless stated otherwise by the doctor.
- Allergy: In known cases of the known history of allergy to Cyra D or any of its ingredients.
- Intolerance: In the known history of patients with lactose intolerance and galactosemia.
- Malabsorption: In known cases of glucose or galactose malabsorption.
- Electrolyte disturbance: In cases of electrolyte disturbance especially of magnesium, potassium, and calcium.
Precautions While Taking Cyra-D
- Proper Consumption: Avoid Chewing or crushing the capsules; instead swallow the capsule as a whole.
- Allergic Reaction: Allergic reaction, if occurs after taking Cyra D should be immediately reported to the doctor or trained medical staff.
- Prolonged use: Avoid prolonged use without medical consultation as long term use increases the risk of gastric neoplasia ( stomach cancer)
- Time Interval: Fixed time interval of atleast 4-6hours between two doses if advised twice a day in severe cases.
Warnings When Taking Cyra-D
- Consuming more than the daily prescribed dose or altering the dose in any manner may lead to increased risk of side effects.
- Cyra D should preferably be administered in morning.
Side-Effects of Cyra-D
The side effects associated with Cyra-D Tablets used for different treatments are:
- Insomnia (less common)
- Constipation (common)
- Headache (less common)
- Rashes (less common)
- Dizziness (less Common)
- Restlessness (Common)
- Itching (Rare)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Cyra-D?
Possible allergic reactions reported for Cyra D are:
- Rashes (less common)
- Itching of skin (less common)
What Are The Effects of Cyra-D Tablets on Organs?
Dose adjustment may be required in patients with severe liver and kidney impairment
Drug Interactions With Cyra-D to be Careful About
All the possible drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advisable to be careful of certain drug to drug or drug to food interactions when consuming Cyra D. Always be aware of the food items, other drugs or lab tests while consuming Cyra D. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Cyra-D
Avoid carbonated drinks and spicy food as they might aggravate the acidity
2. Medicines Interactions with Cyra-D
All the potential drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advisable that the patient must inform the physician about of all the drugs/products you use. You must notify the doctor about the herbal products that you are currently consuming. You should never alter the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
The common drug interactions have been noticed with the following drugs:
- Alcohol (moderate)
- Ketoconazole and Digoxin: decreased gastric acidity due to Cyra D can decrease the absorption of Ketoconazole and Digoxin (moderate)
- Warfarin, phenytoin, carbamazepin and benzodiazepines (Severe): Cyra D may enhance their effects by decreasing their metabolism.
- Atropine (Mild)
- Antacids (moderate): If necessary, then it must be taken at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after having Cyra D.
3. Effects of Cyra-D on Lab Tests
Cyra D doesn’t affect any laboratory test results.
4. Cyra-D’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Glucose malabsorption, Lactose intolerance and patients with allergic reactions are the conditions, which should be taken into consideration before consuming Cyra D.
Q. Can I have Cyra-D with alcohol?
No, as there is an increased risk of acidity and reflux in food pipe as alcohol is acidic and can also decrease the potency of the drug.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
Carbonated drinks and spicy food should be avoided as they might aggravate the acidity
Q. Can I have Cyra-D when pregnant?
No, it is not advised as undesirable effects of Cyra D are seen on foetus in animal studies. The doctor should always be notified if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant for case specific recommendation.
Q. Can I have Cyra-D when feeding a baby?
Always notify the doctor if you are breastfeeding the child as a precautionary measure as Cyra D is not recommended in lactating mothers.
Q. Can I drive after taking Cyra-D?
One should avoid taking Cyra D while driving if it causes drowsiness or dizziness and it is advisable to avoid driving or operating heavy machinery in such cases.
Also Read:Cyclopam Side Effect
Cyra-D Composition, Variant and Price – Buyer’s Guide
|Cyra-D Variants||Cyra-D Composition||Cyra-D Price (Rs.)|
|Cyra-IT Capsule SR||Rabeprazole 20MG + Itopride 150MG||Rs. 127 for 10 tablets.|
|Cyra 40 Tablet||Rabeprazole 40MG||Rs. 41 for 10 tablets|
|Cyra-LS Tablet||Levosulpiride 75MG + Rabeprazole 20MG||Rs. 99 for 10 tablets|
Buy & Get Minimum Discount: Medlife Coupon Code Today | 1mg promo code
Substitutes of Cyra-D
The following are alternative drugs for Cyra D:
- Razo D Capsule:
- Manufactured by – Dr Reddy’s Laboratories
- Price- Rs. 224.5 for 15 capsules
- Domzar Capsule:
- Manufactured by – Septalyst Lifesciences Pvt Ltd
- Price- Rs. 97 for 10 capsules
- Bravia DSR Capsule:
- Manufactured by – Grandcure Healthcare Pvt Ltd
- Price- Rs. 111 for 10 capsules
- Rabekind DSR Capsule:
- Manufactured by – Mankind Pharma
- Price- Rs. 66.54 for 10 capsules
Storage Requirements for Cyra-D Tablets
- It should be stored at room temperature, away from direct heat and light
- Drug should be kept out of children’s reach.
FAQs – 13 Important Questions Answered about Cyra-D
Q. What is Cyra-D?
Ans. Cyra D is basically a fixed dose combination of two drugs as its active ingredients which are Rabeprazole sodium and Domperidone. Cyra D belongs to the class of anti emetics as well as proton pump inhibitors.
Q. What are the uses of Cyra-D?
Ans. Cyra D serves various purposes. It is used to treat acidity, heartburn, nausea and vomiting.
Q. What are the side effects of Cyra-D?
Ans. The most common side effects of Cyra-D are insomnia, constipation, headache, rashes, dizziness, restlessness, itching.
Q. How effective is Cyra-D?
Ans. Cyra-D is effective due to its mixture of Rabeprazole sodium and Domperidone. However, there are other medicines which perform better when.
Q. How long does it take for Cyra-D to show results?
Ans. The Drug has a half life of 1-2 hour and its effects of start within 30 minutes to 1 hour following oral administration and reaches its maximum activity (inhibition of acid) in 2 hours.
Q. Should Cyra-D be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. Cyra D should be taken empty stomach for better effects.
Q. Does Cyra-D make you drowsy?
Ans. Cyra D might cause drowsiness in few cases but it varies with every individual.
Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Cyra-D doses?
Ans. Ideal time gap of atleast 4-6 hours should be there between two doses to avoid Cyra D overdose.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Cyra D should be consumed as prescribed by the doctor and in case of any severity of symptoms, immediate medical help or consultation should be taken.
And the doctor should be the one to decide when and how to stop the cycle of Cyra D.
Q. Does Cyra-D effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. No, it generally doesn’t affect the menstrual cycle but one should always consult the doctor in case of pre existing menstrual problems before consuming the drug
Q. Is Cyra-D safe for children?
Ans. Cyra D should only be administered in children after proper consultation and recommendation by the Paediatrician.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Cyra-D?
Ans. Any malabsorption syndrome or allergic reactions are to be taken into consideration before taking Cyra D.
Q. Is Cyra-D legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
Similar Reads –
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.