Table of Contents
- What is Cystelia?
- Uses of Cystelia
- How does Cystelia work?
- How to Take Cystelia?
- Common Dosage for Cystelia
- When to Avoid Cystelia?
- Side-effects of Cystelia?
- Effects on organs?
- Reported Allergic Reactions?
- Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
- Shows Effects / Results In
- Storage of Cystelia
- Pro Tips When Taking Cystelia
- Frequently asked questions
- Is Cystelia Addictive?
- Can I have Cystelia with alcohol?
- Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Can I have Cystelia when Pregnant?
- Can I have Cystelia when feeding a baby?
- Can I drive after taking Cystelia?
- What happens if I overdose on Cystelia?
- What happens if I eat expired Cystelia?
- What happens if I miss a dose of Cystelia?
What is Cystelia?
Cystelia is a film coated hormonal tablet containing 0.035mg ethinylestradiol and 2.0mg cyproterone acetate.
Buy Smart & Save Money: Myra Medicines Offers | 1mg Offers | Practo Offers
Uses of Cystelia
- Cystelia tablet is used for:
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Treatment of severe acne
- Idiopathic hirsutism (excessive growth of facial or body hair)
- Oral contraceptive for androgen dependant disease in women
- Prostate cancer
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia
Read About: Bactifix Uses
How does Cystelia work?
Cystelia blocks androgen receptor and reduces androgen synthesis.
Also Read: Bravia Tablet | Carpela 21s | Feripro | Ginette | Haematinga
How to Take Cystelia?
- Cystelia has to be taken regularly in order to achieve contraceptive protection. Each tablet should be taken at the same time every day for 21 days.
- The tablet has to be taken consecutively for 21 days followed by 7 day tablet free interval.
- Tablet should be initiated on the 1st day of the menstrual cycle.
Know About: Domzar Price | Ferrochelate Price | Hb-Rich Price
Common Dosage for Cystelia
- The time period for which it has to be used depends upon the severity of symptoms and response to treatment.
- Treatment is usually carried out for several months. Even after the signs have subsided, it is recommended to take Cystelia tablets for 3-4 cycles.
- It is not indicated for men and girl child before menarche and elderly women after menopause.
When to Avoid Cystelia?
Cystelia should not be used in:
- Allergy to any of its components
- Patients with severe liver disease
- Patients with moderate to severe renal dysfunction
- Patients with sickle cell anemia
- Patients with presence or history of thromboembolic events like deep vein thrombosis, myocardial infarction.
- Suspecting pregnancy
- Patients with diabetes mellitus and hypertension
- Patients with undiagnosed vaginal bleeding
Side-effects of Cystelia?
Side effects are possible but do not always occur in all the patients. More commonly observed side effects may include:
- Breast changes including tenderness, secretion, and enlargement
- Changes in menstrual flow
- Change in libido
- Alteration in hair pattern
- Mood changes
- Impaired liver changes
Effects on organs?
- Should be administered with caution in patient suffering from liver and kidney disease.
- It should not be administered to patients with in estrogen related neoplasms and thromboembolic disorders.
Reported Allergic Reactions?
- Report to your doctor if you are allergic to any of its ingredients. Signs of allergic reaction include :
- Rashes/itching of skin
- Chest tightness
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
All the possible drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advised that the patient must inform the physician about all the drugs/over the counter products/vitamin supplements used.
It may interact with the following drugs and products:
Shows Effects / Results In
Treatment is usually carried out for several months. Even after the signs have subsided, it is recommended to take Cystelia tablets for 3-4 cycles
Storage of Cystelia
- Storage at room temperature away from direct light and heat unless mentioned in the package insert.
- Do not freeze the medicine.
- Keep medicines away from children and pets.
Pro Tips When Taking Cystelia
- Women using oral contraceptives should be advised not to smoke as smoking increases the risk of myocardial infarction.
- Few laboratory tests like thyroid profile, glucose tolerance and liver profile can be altered in patients administering Cystelia.
Frequently asked questions
Is Cystelia Addictive?
No such tendency has been reported.
Can I have Cystelia with alcohol?
Consumption of alcohol is not recommended when administering Cystelia tablets.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
No alteration in its action seen with any food product.
Can I have Cystelia when Pregnant?
Cystelia is contraindicated in pregnant women.
Can I have Cystelia when feeding a baby?
It is contraindicated in breast feeding mothers.
Can I drive after taking Cystelia?
It does not affect your ability to drive.
What happens if I overdose on Cystelia?
Taking more medication or with increased frequency will not improve your symptoms earlier; rather it may cause serious side-effects.
If anyone is suspected of an overdosage, seek medical care immediately.
What happens if I eat expired Cystelia?
Taking a single dose may not cause any major adverse effect. However, the potency of the medicine may well have been reduced.
What happens if I miss a dose of Cystelia?
Always consume the missed tablet as soon as you remember it. Contraception is maintained if it is administered within 12 hours. With additional delays, additional contraception is needed.