Table of Contents
- What is Czam?
- Uses of Czam
- How does Czam work?
- Czam Price in India
- How to take Czam?
- Common dosage of Czam
- When to avoid Czam & Precautions to take?
- Side Effects of Czam
- Effect on organs?
- Reported allergic reactions?
- Drug interactions to be careful about?
- Shows effects
- Storage Requirements for Czam
- Pro Tips when taking Czam
- Is Czam addictive?
- Can I have Czam with alcohol?
- Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Can I have Czam when pregnant?
- Can I have Czam when feeding a baby?
- Can I drive after taking Czam?
- What happens if I overdose on Czam?
- What happens if I eat expired Czam?
- What happens if I miss a dose of Czam?
What is Czam?
- Czam is an anti-epileptic and anti-convulsant which belongs to the class of benzodiazepine.
- It is used to control seizures in the adults and children above 2 years of age.
Buy Smart & Save Money: 1mg Offers | Practo Offers | Netmeds Coupon Code
Uses of Czam
Czam is prescribed for:
Seizures associated with Lennox-Gastaut syndrome
How does Czam work?
- Czam works by binding at the benzodiazepine site of the GABA-A receptor.
- This helps in stabilizing the brain cells and thus reduces the excitability of the brain cells
Read About: Contratubex | Cyproheptadine | Femara | Cipralex Tablet
Czam Price in India
|Specifics||Czam Price in India|
|Czam 5mg Tablet||Rs. 52.1|
|Czam 10mg Tablet||Rs. 76.25|
How to take Czam?
Czam is administered orally in the form of tablets, with or without food.
Know More: Cimetidine Composition
Common dosage of Czam
- Act as supplementary drug in epilepsy.
- For anxiety, the recommended dose is 20-30 mg per day. The maximum dose can be increased up to 60 mg per day for severe conditions.
Know About: Cordarone Dosage | Conversyl Tablet
When to avoid Czam & Precautions to take?
- Avoid using Czam if you are allergic to it or any other inactive ingredients present along with it.
- Czam may cause sedation generally during the first month of the treatment. Thus avoid operating heavy machinery or driving vehicle.
- Czam drug may cause severe skin reactions like Stevens – Johnson syndrome and toxic epidermal necrolysis especially during first 8 weeks of the treatment.
- Prolonged or excessive use of Czam drug has shown a tendency to cause dependency and abuse.
- Patients with a history of alcohol or substance abuse should be treated carefully when they are on Czam.
- Use of benzodiazepines like Czam in depression conditions may increase the risk of suicide and should be used with caution.
- Sudden withdrawal of this drug is not advised due to the risk of withdrawal symptoms like convulsions, behavioral disorder, tremor, and anxiety.
- Caution is advised in patients with myasthenia gravis and impaired liver function.
Read About: Chlorpromazine Precaution
Side Effects of Czam
- Unsteady walk
- Difficulty with swallowing
- Slurred speech
- Body pain
- Decreased appetite
- Bladder pain
- Cloudy urine
Also Read: Fesovit Side Effects
Effect on organs?
- Central nervous system reactions- Drowsiness, fatigue, tiredness, loss of coordination, depression, tremor, headache, confusion, dizziness and drowsiness.
- Other reactions- Nausea, vomiting, dry mouth, rash, swelling and trouble in breathing.
Reported allergic reactions?
Allergic reactions may include:
- Trouble breathing
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling of face, throat, hands/legs
Drug interactions to be careful about?
Avoid the use of following drugs while receiving Czam:
- Ethinyl Estradiol
The peak effect of this medicine can be observed in 0.5 to 4 hours and lasts for an average duration of 3 to 4 days.
Storage Requirements for Czam
- Keep it in an air-tight container.
- Store it at room temperature between 15-30°C.
- Keep it away from direct light or moisture.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
Pro Tips when taking Czam
- Consumption of alcohol is not recommended if the patient is receiving Czam.
- It is recommended to start with a small dosage of Czam and increase gradually.
- Czam medicine is not recommended for use in children below 2 years of age.
Is Czam addictive?
Can I have Czam with alcohol?
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Can I have Czam when pregnant?
Can I have Czam when feeding a baby?
Can I drive after taking Czam?
What happens if I overdose on Czam?
Overdose of Czam may cause dependency and can be fatal.
What happens if I eat expired Czam?
Expired Czam may become ineffective in treating your prescribed conditions, thus to be on the safe side, it is important not to use expired drug.
What happens if I miss a dose of Czam?
If you miss a dose of Czam, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double dose for a missed one.