Table of Contents
- 1 What is Danazol?
- 2 Uses of Danazol
- 3 How Does Danazol Work?
- 4 How to Take Danazol?
- 5 Danazol Price In India
- 6 Common Dosage for Danazol?
- 7 When to Avoid Danazol?
- 8 Side-Effects of Danazol
- 9 Effects of Danazol on Organs?
- 10 Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
- 11 Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
- 12 Effects/Results After Consuming Danazol
- 13 FAQs
- 14 Is Danazol addictive?
- 15 Can I have Danazol with alcohol?
- 16 Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 17 Can I have Danazol when pregnant?
- 18 Can I have Danazol when feeding a baby?
- 19 Can I drive after taking Danazol?
- 20 What happens if I overdose on Danazol?
- 21 What happens if I eat expired Danazol?
- 22 What happens if I miss a dose of Danazol?
- 23 Storage Requirements
- 24 Pro Tips When Taking Danazol
What is Danazol?
Danazol is a synthetic hormone usually given for hormone related disorders.
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: Pharmeasy Medicines | Medlife Medicines
Uses of Danazol
- Heavy menstrual bleeding
- Fibrocystic breast disease
- Low platelet count disease of immune or unknown origin
- Hereditary Angioedema
How Does Danazol Work?
Danazol acts on pituitary gland and indirectly cause a reduction in estrogen production. This action results in relief of symptoms associated with overproduction of estrogen hormones.
How to Take Danazol?
Danazol capsule must be swallowed as a whole with a glass of water. You must not chew, crush or break the tablet while taking it. You may consume Danazol on an empty or full stomach.
Danazol Price In India
|200 mg Strip of 10 Capsules||Rs 297.00|
Also Read: Cyclophosphamide Price
Common Dosage for Danazol?
Danazol is generally prescribed once or twice daily. Your doctor may alter your dosage and its frequency depending upon the severity of your condition.
When to Avoid Danazol?
Avoid Danazol if:
- You are allergic to any component of this drug
- You have a genetic disorder of galactose intolerance
- You have Lapp lactase deficiency
- You have glucose-galactose malabsorption
Side-Effects of Danazol
- Hoarse voice
- Increased hair growth
- Decreased breast size
- Weight gain
- Hot flushes
- Oily skin
- Muscle cramp
Also Read: Clarithromycin Side Effect | Cotrimoxazole Side Effect
Effects of Danazol on Organs?
Long term use of Danazol is not safe for the patients with kidney and liver disease. Your doctor may adjust your dose as per your requirement.
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
Some of the common allergic reactions reported with Danazol are hives, difficulty breathing, and swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
- Blood thinning medications
Effects/Results After Consuming Danazol
The effect of Danazol can be observed within 1 to 2 hour of administration. Your hormonal symptoms will start to improve after taking this medication.
Things to Know About Danazol
Is Danazol addictive?
Danazol is not addictive in nature
Can I have Danazol with alcohol?
It is better to avoid alcohol when on Danazol. Consult your doctor about limiting alcohol with this medication. Co-consumption of alcohol with Danazol causes excessive sleepiness and drowsiness.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
You must consult your doctor regarding the foods to be avoided.
Can I have Danazol when pregnant?
In most cases, it is not safe to take Danazol if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy. Consult your doctor if it is absolutely necessary to take this medication.
Can I have Danazol when feeding a baby?
Danazol is known to pass in mother’s milk to baby. Consult your doctor if it is absolutely necessary to take this medication while you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive after taking Danazol?
It is generally safe to drive while taking Danazol. However, if you experience drowsiness, dizziness, a headache or any side effect that alters your consciousness then it may not be safe to drive.
What happens if I overdose on Danazol?
Overdose of Danazol will not improve your symptoms. It may even cause serious side-effects like stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Consult your doctor immediately in case of overdose.
What happens if I eat expired Danazol?
If by mistake you consume a dose of expired Danazol, the chances of harm are very less. It is advised to check the label for expiry date always before use.
What happens if I miss a dose of Danazol?
As soon as you remember, take the missed dose. However, if it is already time for next dose, carry on with your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
- Always store Danazol at a temperature around 25 degree Celsius
- Storing in moisture-prone places like bathroom may damage the capsule
- Keep Danazol away from direct heat and sunlight
- Store it where your children and pets can’t reach
Pro Tips When Taking Danazol
- Do not try to self-adjust the dose. Take it in the quantity prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not share your medication with anyone even if they have a similar condition.
- Discuss the pros and cons of Danazol if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy or if you are breastfeeding.
- You should start taking this drug during your periods if prescribed for fibrocystic breast disease or endometriosis
- If you are taking Danazol for a long time it is suggested to undergo liver ultrasonography two times every year.
Also Read: Chlorpheniramine Maleate | Chlorthalidone | Cisplatin