Table of Contents
- 1 What is Deriphylline?
- 2 Uses of Deriphyllin
- 3 How does Deriphyllin work?
- 4 How to take Deriphyllin?
- 5 Deriphyllin Dosage
- 6 When to Avoid Deriphyllin?
- 7 Precautions and warnings while Taking Deriphyllin:
- 8 Side-Effects of Deriphyllin:
- 9 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 9.1 1. Food Interactions with Deriphylline
- 9.2 2. Medicines Interactions with Deriphylline
- 9.3 3. Effects of Deriphylline on Lab Tests
- 9.4 4. Deriphylline’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- 9.5 Q. Can I have Deriphyllin with alcohol?
- 9.6 Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 9.7 Q. Can I have Deriphyllin when pregnant?
- 9.8 Q. Can I have Deriphyllin when feeding a baby?
- 9.9 Q. Can I drive after taking Deriphyllin?
- 10 Buyer’s Guide – Deriphyllin Composition, Variant and Price
- 11 Substitutes of Deriphyllin
- 12 FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Deriphylline
- 12.1 Q. What is Deriphyllin?
- 12.2 Q. What are the uses of Deriphylline ?
- 12.3 Q. What are the side effects of Deriphylline ?
- 12.4 Q. How effective it is/ How long does it take for Deriphyllin to show results?
- 12.5 Q. Should Deriphyllin be taken on an empty stomach?
- 12.6 Q. Does Deriphyllin make you drowsy?
- 12.7 Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Deriphyllin doses?
- 12.8 Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- 12.9 Q. Does Deriphyllin effect my menstrual cycle?
- 12.10 Q. Is Deriphyllin safe for children?
- 12.11 Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Deriphyllin?
- 12.12 Q. Is Deriphyllin legal in India?
- 13 Authored By –
1What is Deriphylline?
It is mainly used as a mucolytic agent to treat conditions like COPD, Bronchitis, Asthma, chest congestion and breathing difficulty. Blood pressure fluctuations and mild tremors are the major side effect which occurs at high repetitive doses. It should be totally avoided in case of liver, kidney or heart diseases and gastric ulcers.
Deriphyllin Composition: Etofylline 77mg + Theophylline 23mg
Manufactured By: Zydus Healthcare Ltd.
Form: Tablets, Injections and Syrup.
Price: Rs. 14.10 for 30 Tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months.
Type of Drug: Bronchodilator.