Table of Contents
- 1 What is Deriphylline?
- 2 Uses of Deriphyllin
- 3 How does Deriphyllin work?
- 4 How to take Deriphyllin?
- 5 Deriphyllin Dosage
- 6 When to Avoid Deriphyllin?
- 7 Precautions and warnings while Taking Deriphyllin:
- 8 Side-Effects of Deriphyllin:
- 9 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 10 Buyer’s Guide – Deriphyllin Composition, Variant and Price
- 11 Substitutes of Deriphyllin
- 12 FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Deriphylline
- 13 Authored By –
1What is Deriphylline?
It is mainly used as a mucolytic agent to treat conditions like COPD, Bronchitis, Asthma, chest congestion and breathing difficulty. Blood pressure fluctuations and mild tremors are the major side effect which occurs at high repetitive doses. It should be totally avoided in case of liver, kidney or heart diseases and gastric ulcers.
Deriphyllin Composition: Etofylline 77mg + Theophylline 23mg
Manufactured By: Zydus Healthcare Ltd.
Form: Tablets, Injections and Syrup.
Price: Rs. 14.10 for 30 Tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months.
Type of Drug: Bronchodilator.