Table of Contents
- 1 What is Deslor?
- 2 Uses of Deslor Tablet
- 3 Deslor Composition
- 4 How does Deslor work?
- 5 Deslor Price in India
- 6 How to Take Deslor
- 7 Common Dosage of Deslor
- 8 When to Avoid Deslor & Precautions to Take?
- 9 Side Effects of Deslor Tablet
- 10 What Are The Effects of Deslor Tablets on Organs?
- 11 Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
- 12 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 13 Shows Effects/Results In
- 14 Storage Requirements for Deslor Tablet
- 15 Pro Tips When Taking Deslor Tablet
- 16 FAQs
- 17 Is Deslor addictive?
- 18 Can I have Deslor Tablet with alcohol?
- 19 Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 20 Can I have Deslor Tablet when pregnant?
- 21 Can I have Deslor Tablet when feeding a baby?
- 22 Can I drive after taking Deslor Tablet?
- 23 What happens if I overdose on Deslor?
- 24 What happens if I eat expired Deslor?
- 25 What happens if I miss a dose of Deslor?
What is Deslor?
Deslor is a second generation antihistamine (anti-allergic), used to temporarily relieve the symptoms of seasonal allergies. The second-generation drugs do not penetrate the CNS and do not have antimuscarinic properties. Thus, they usually are the drugs of choice for the treatment of allergic disorders.
Manufactured By – Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: Practo coupone code | 1mg coupone code
Uses of Deslor Tablet
Deslor Tablet is prescribed for:
- Seasonal allergic rhinitis (characterized by running nose, sneezing, watery eyes etc)
- Perennial allergic rhinitis
- Chronic Urticaria (skin rash)
Read More: Dtamamine uses | Enuff uses | Etilaan uses
The active ingredient of Deslor tablet is “Desloratadine”.
How does Deslor work?
- Histamine produces symptoms of sneezing, itching, watery eyes, and runny nose.
- Deslor being an antihistamine reduces the natural chemical histamine in the body thus minimizing the symptoms.
Deslor Price in India
|Strip of 10 tablet of 100 mg||Rs. 78|
How to Take Deslor
- Deslor is administered orally in the form of chewable or rapidly dissolving tablets and syrup.
- This medicine can be taken along with food or without it.
- If you are using rapidly dissolving tablet, allow the tablet to dissolve on the tongue before swallowing it.
- If you are using the suspension form, measure the dose with the help of a measuring cup. Shake the bottle well before each use.
Common Dosage of Deslor
- Regular dose of Deslor is 5 mg taken orally, every 24 hours.
- The recommended dose for children above 6 years of age is 1 teaspoonful (5ml) once daily and one 2.5 mg tablet once daily.
- Dose for children above 11 months old is 1/2teaspoonful(2ml), once daily.
When to Avoid Deslor & Precautions to Take?
- Avoid the use of Deslor Tablet if you are allergic to it or to the ingredients present in it.
- Patients having kidney or liver problems need to be cautious while receiving this medicine.
Read More: Dramamine precautions | Enuff precautions | Etilaan precautions
Side Effects of Deslor Tablet
Some of the reported side effects of Deslor Tablet are:
- Muscle or joint pain
- Dry mouth, cough
- Allergic skin reaction
- A headache
- Shortness of breath (rare)
- Irregular heartbeat (rare)
What Are The Effects of Deslor Tablets on Organs?
- Cardiovascular reactions- Tachycardia and palpitations.
- Hepatic reactions- Elevated liver enzymes and bilirubin, hepatitis (rare).
- Gastrointestinal reactions- Dry mouth, dry throat, nausea, and pharyngitis.
- Nervous system reactions- Somnolence and dizziness.
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
Symptoms of allergic reactions caused by Deslor tablets are:
- Trouble breathing
Drug Interactions to be Careful About
Deslor Tablet should not be co-administered with medications that inhibit the enzymes of this medicine (e.g., imidazole antifungals, macrolide antibiotics, atorvastatin, tacrolimus, cimetidine, ritonavir).
Shows Effects/Results In
- Deslor is an antihistaminic medication.
- It treats allergy symptoms like itching, swelling, and rashes by blocking the effects of a chemical messenger, histamine in the body.
- Deslor Tablet starts showing its effects within few hours after its administration and the effect lasts up to almost 24 hours.
Storage Requirements for Deslor Tablet
- Keep it in an air-tight container.
- Store it at 25°C temperature.
- Keep it away from direct light or moisture.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
Pro Tips When Taking Deslor Tablet
- Deslor has been approved by the FDA for use in children and is available in appropriate lower-dose formulations.
- Deslor does not usually cause sedation, however, do not drive until you are sure of its effects.
Is Deslor addictive?
Can I have Deslor Tablet with alcohol?
Consumption of alcohol is not recommended with Deslor therapy as it may increase the risk of adverse effects like dizziness, sedation and may act as a health hazard.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Avoid taking grapefruit juice.
Can I have Deslor Tablet when pregnant?
No, as Deslor may have adverse effects on foetus.
Can I have Deslor Tablet when feeding a baby?
No, as Desloratadine may pass into breast milk and may harm the child.
Can I drive after taking Deslor Tablet?
. Deslor doesn’t affect your ability to drive. However, very few patients have reported dizziness as an adverse effect so it should be used with caution in such patients.
What happens if I overdose on Deslor?
An overdose of Deslor may cause dizziness, restlessness, confusion, increased heart rate, and seizures.
What happens if I eat expired Deslor?
An expired drug may become ineffective in treating your prescribed conditions, thus to be on the safe side, it is important not to use an expired drug.
What happens if I miss a dose of Deslor?
If you miss a dose of Deslor, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double dose for a missed one.