Skip to Content
- Q. What happens if I overdose on Diabetone?
- Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Diabetone?
- Q. What happens if I administer expired Diabetone?
- Q. What is the onset time of Diabetone?
- Q. Till when does the effect of Diabetone stay?
- Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Diabetone?
- What are the effects of Diabetone on organs?
- 1. Food Interactions with Diabetone
- 2. Medicines Interactions with Diabetone
- 3. Effects of Diabetone on Lab Tests
- 4. Interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- Q. Can I have Diabetone with alcohol?
- Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Q. Can I have Diabetone when pregnant?
- Q. Can I have Diabetone when feeding a baby?
- Q. Can I drive after taking Diabetone?
- Storage requirements for Diabetone
- Q. What is Diabetone?
- Q. What are the uses of Diabetone?
- Q. What are the side effects of Diabetone?
- Q. Should Diabetone be taken on an empty stomach?
- Q. Does Diabetone make you drowsy?
- Q. What should be the time gap between the intakes of two Diabetone doses?
- Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- Q. Does Diabetone effect my menstrual cycle?
- Q. Is Diabetone safe for children?
- Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Diabetone?
- Q. Is Diabetone legal in India?
What is Diabetone?
Diabetone is a multi-mineral, multi-vitamin formulation which provides Vitamin A, Vitamin B, Vitamin C and other essential minerals required for overall health and well being of a diabetic patient. Diabetone can be used as an over the counter drug but it is always better to use it under medical supervision as advised as it may lead to adverse effects.
Diabetone Composition – Each film coated tablet provides:
- Vitamin C – 150mg
- Nicotinamide – 60mg
- Benfotiamine – 50mg
- Elemental magnesium – 40mg
- Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6) – 20mg
- Vitamin E – 20mg
- Elemental Zinc – 18mg
- Elemental Iron – 10mg
- Riboflavin (vitamin B2) – 5mg
- Calcium pantothenate – 5mg
- Elemental Manganese – 3mg
- Folic acid – 2mg
- Elemental Copper – 1mg
- Elemental Boron – 1mg
- Vitamin A – 1500mcg
- Mecobalamin – 500mcg
- Elemental Chromium – 200mcg
- Elemental Selenium – 200mcg
- Biotin – 150mcg
- Elemental Iodine – 100mcg
- Vitamin D3 – 25mcg
Manufactured by – Meyer Organics Ltd
Prescription– Prescription is required
Form – Film coated tablet
Price – Rs. 168
Type of Drug –Multivitamin, Multi-mineral
Uses of Diabetone
Diabetone is used as a nutritional supplement in various cases of deficiency of vitamins or in cases where there are increased requirement of above mentioned vitamins and minerals especially in diabetics. It is commonly used as:
- Adjuvant to anti-diabetic medicine in diabetic patients (for better control of blood glucose levels)
- Patients with borderline diabetes or pre-diabetes
- To prevent and delay the onset of complications associated with diabetic patients like diabetic nephropathy, retinopathy, neuropathy etc
Read About: Donepezil Uses | Eldervit Uses
How does Diabetone work?
- All the above mentioned ingredients of Diabetone are essential vitamins and minerals which are not present in significant amounts in our body stores, thus a regular and adequate uptake of these vitamins and minerals is necessary to undertake all the metabolic demands of the body.
- Vitamin B plays an important role in glucose metabolism whereas Vitamin D improves the sensitivity of insulin hormone which controls blood glucose levels.
- Zinc helps in release of insulin from pancreatic beta cells whereas chromium helps in regulating insulin action.
- Lack of magnesium is a risk factor for diabetic retinopathy which is a common complication of diabetes.
- Anti-oxidants like Vitamin C and selenium protect from the free radical damage that is observed in diabetic patients.
Read About: Dianuron Plus Tablet Composition
How to Take Diabetone?
- Diabetone is available as film coated tablets which should not be taken on an empty stomach.
- Diabetone tablet should only be taken as an adjuvant to existing anti-diabetic medicine and at a fixed time every day.
- Apart from administering Diabetone, patient should also encourage eating a balanced diet, managing weight and following a healthy life style to achieve best results.
Common Dosage for Diabetone
- The drug dosage is decided by the physician based upon:
- Health status/medical condition of the patient
- Severity of symptoms
- Reaction to the first dose
- History of allergy/drug reactions
- Dosage in adults: one tablet once a day along with or immediately after food. The tablet should be administered along with plenty of water.
Q. What happens if I overdose on Diabetone?
Diabetone should not be administered in more than prescribed dose. Taking increased dose will not improve your symptoms earlier; rather it may cause some side effects. In case of over dosage, consult your doctor immediately.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Diabetone?
The potency of the medicine may decrease because for effective working of the drug, a certain amount of drug must be present in your body at all times. Always consume the missed dose as soon as you remember. But, if it’s already time for the next dose – do not double the dose.
Q. What happens if I administer expired Diabetone?
The medicine may not work as well as the potency of the medicine gets affected. Please inform your physician regarding the same. To be on the safer side, always check and never use an expired medicine.
Q. What is the onset time of Diabetone?
Diabetone is administered as an adjunct to anti-diabetic medicine. The effect may vary depending upon the diabetic state of the patient and the drugs he is taking to control blood sugar levels.
Q. Till when does the effect of Diabetone stay?
The duration of time for which the medicine remains effective is not clinically established.
When to avoid Diabetone?
Diabetone should not be used in the following conditions:
- Allergy – if the patient is allergic to any of the components present in Diabetone.
- Liver Disease – Patients with severe liver disease must consult the physician before use.
- Kidney disease – Patients with severe kidney disease or on dialysis must consult the physician before use.
Precautions While Taking Diabetone
Inform your doctor about all the current list of medicines, over the counter products, allergies and pre-existing health conditions before you start taking Diabetone.
Side-Effects of Diabetone
Majority of the patients do not show any side effects. Few patients might show side effects which include:
- Diarrhea (less common)
- Drowsiness (less common)
- Nausea (less common)
- Heartburn (less common)
- Muscle pain (less common)
- Itching of skin (less common)
- Allergic reactions (rare)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Diabetone?
Tell your doctor if you are allergic to any of its ingredients.
Signs and symptoms include:
- Rash (common)
- Itching (common)
- Shortness of breath (less common)
- Swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat (rare)
- Loss of consciousness (rare)
What are the effects of Diabetone on organs?
Patients with pre-existing liver and kidney disease should use it with caution. Dose adjustment might be needed in such cases.
Drug Interactions to be Careful About
Drug interaction refers to effect of drugs on each other and on human body after ingestion. Large numbers of medicines have shown to interact with each other. Interactions are not just limited to drugs, but certain food items and some laboratory tests which should not be taken right after consuming Diabetone. We explore these in details below.
1. Food Interactions with Diabetone
No interactions observed with any food products.
2. Medicines Interactions with Diabetone
It is always advised that the patient must inform the physician about all the drugs/over the counter products/vitamin supplements used. It may interact with large number of medicines. Few important ones include:
- Allopurinol (mild)
- Actinomycin (moderate)
- Alendronate (moderate)
- Arsenic trioxide (moderate)
3. Effects of Diabetone on Lab Tests
No effect on any lab tests noted while taking Diabetone.
4. Interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Patients suffering from pre-existing liver and kidney diseases must consult their physician before consuming Diabetone.
Q. Can I have Diabetone with alcohol?
Interaction of Diabetone with alcohol is unknown.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
Diabetone acts as a nutritional supplement. No alteration in its action seen with any food product.
Q. Can I have Diabetone when pregnant?
Diabetone should be used with caution in pregnant ladies. Always consult your doctor first. Always inform your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
Q. Can I have Diabetone when feeding a baby?
There is no evidence as whether ingredients of Diabetone are excreted in human breast milk or not thus it should be used with caution in lactating mothers.
Q. Can I drive after taking Diabetone?
If one experiences side effects like drowsiness, headache or dizziness then it may not be advisable to drive a vehicle and operate heavy machinery while on this medication.
Also Read: Emeset Tablet Side Effects
Diabetone – Composition, Variant and Price– Buyer’s Guide
|Diabetone Variants||Diabetone Composition||Diabetone Price|
|Diabetone Tablet 15’S||Antioxidant+Minerals||Rs. 168|
|Diabetone PN Capsule 15’S||Benfotiamine+Alpha Lipoic Acid+Methylcobalamin+Pyridoxine+Myo-Inositol+Folic Acid||Rs. 244|
|Diabetone D3 Tablet 15’S||BENFOTIAMINE 100MG+BIOTIN 150MCG+CALCIUM PANTOTHENATE 5MG+CHROMIUM 200MCG+COPPER 1MG+IRON 10MG+SELENIUM 200MCG+ZINC 18MG+FOLIC ACID 2MG+MECOBALAMIN(METHYLCOBALAMIN) 1500MCG+VITAMIN A 1500MCG||Rs.225|
|Diabetone A Capsule 15’S||ALPHA LIPOIC ACID 200MG+MECOBALAMIN (METHYLCOBALAMIN) 1500MCG+FOLIC ACID 1.5MG||Rs. 260|
Get Minimum 30% Discount: Pharmeasy Promo Code | Myra Medicines Promo Code
Substitutes of Diabetone
No alternative drugs with the same composition as Diabetone.
Storage requirements for Diabetone
- Storage at room temperature away from direct light and heat unless mentioned in the package insert.
- Keep medicines away from children and pets.
FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Diabetone
Q. What is Diabetone?
Diabetone is a multi-mineral, multi-vitamin formulation which provides Vitamin A, Vitamin B, Vitamin C and other essential minerals required for overall health and well being of a diabetic patient.
Q. What are the uses of Diabetone?
Diabetone is used as a nutritional supplement in various cases of deficiency of vitamins. It is commonly used to prevent and delay the onset of complications associated with diabetic patients like diabetic nephropathy, retinopathy, neuropathy etc.
Q. What are the side effects of Diabetone?
Majority of the patients do not show any side effects but few might show side effects such as Diarrhea, Drowsiness, Nausea, Heartburn, Muscle pain, and Itching of skin.
Q. Should Diabetone be taken on an empty stomach?
Diabetone should not be administered empty stomach.
Q. Does Diabetone make you drowsy?
Diabetone may make you drowsy as an adverse effect.
Q. What should be the time gap between the intakes of two Diabetone doses?
Diabetone is usually administered once a day.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
A complete course prescribed by your doctor must be taken for complete cessation of symptoms from your body.
Q. Does Diabetone effect my menstrual cycle?
No, Diabetone does not affect your menstrual cycle.
Q. Is Diabetone safe for children?
Diabetone is safe for consumption in children above 12 years of age. Children below 12 years should use it with caution.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Diabetone?
Patients with history of allergic reaction to any of the ingredients of Diabetone should use it with caution.
Q. Is Diabetone legal in India?
Yes, Diabetone is legal in India.
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.