Table of Contents
- 1 What is Diamicron?
- 2 Uses of Diamicron
- 3 How Does Diamicron Work?
- 4 How to Take Diamicron?
- 5 Diamicron Price In India
- 6 Common Dosage for Diamicron
- 7 Precautions – When to Avoid Diamicron?
- 8 Side-Effects of Diamicron
- 9 Effects of Diamicron on Organs
- 10 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 11 Effects/Results after Consuming Diamicron
- 12 Storage Requirements about Diamicron
- 13 Pro Tips When Taking Diamicron
- 14 FAQs – Things to Know About Diamicron
- 15 Is Diamicron addictive?
- 16 Can I have Diamicron with alcohol?
- 17 Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 18 Can I have Diamicron when pregnant?
- 19 Can I have Diamicron when feeding a baby?
- 20 Can I drive after taking Diamicron?
- 21 What happens if I overdose on Diamicron?
- 22 What happens if I eat expired Diamicron?
- 23 What happens if I miss a dose of Diamicron?
- 24 When was Diamicron made?
Diamicron Composition – Gliclazide 80 MG
Manufactured By – Serdia
Prescription – Prescription Required
Form – Tablet
Price – Rs 65
Quantity – 10 tablets in 1 strip
What is Diamicron?
Diamicron belongs to the hyperglycaemic class of medications which is also known as Gliclazide. It is popularly known for its effect on Type II Diabetes which is caused due to weight and High Blood Pressure. Diamicron should be taken along with a proper diet.
Buy & Get Minimum 30% Discount: Netmeds Medicines
Uses of Diamicron
- Diamicron is used to treat polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- Evidences are there to show that is is also used to prevent cardiovascular diseases like heart attack and stroke along with cancer.
- Diamicron is used to prevent kidney damage and blindness.
- It is responsible for the prevention of loss of limbs and sexual functioning problems.
Other medicine's Uses: Deviry Uses | Diclogesic Uses
How Does Diamicron Work?
Diamicron helps to restore the insulin’s response that pancreas produce which is absorbed by stomach or intestine. It increases the muscle cells sensitivity to insulin.
How to Take Diamicron?
- During the first few weeks, Diamicron should be taken with the meals to reduce stomach-related side effects.
- Swallow the drug wholly.
- Do not crush, break or chew the Diamicron tablet.
Diamicron Price In India
|30mg Strip of 10 Tablets XR||Rs 83.00|
|30mg Strip of 10 Tablets MR||Rs 75.00|
|60mg Strip of 14 Tablets XR||Rs 167.00|
|80mg Strip of 10 Tablets||Rs 60.00|
|Diamicron XR Mex:500 Strip of 14 Tablets XR||Rs 203.00|
Also Read: Dolokind Price | Ebast Price
Common Dosage for Diamicron
- The dosage is different for different individuals. So it is safe to consult a doctor before taking the dosage.
- For Type II Diabetes and Children – dosage prescribed by the doctor.
- Adults – Diamicron alone is taken up to 30 mg per day.
- It is also used along with insulin as other medication.
Precautions – When to Avoid Diamicron?
- Don’t delay or miss a scheduled meal or snack
- Don’t do excessive exercise
- Don’t take Diamicron along with other diabetes or certain medications.
- Avoid the drug if you feel nausea and vomiting
Side-Effects of Diamicron
Some common side effects of Diamicron are:
- Hypoglycaemia (Low Blood Glucose level)
- Asthenia (Physical weakness)
- Flatulence (Gastric problem)
- Myalgia (Muscle pain)
- Respiratory tract infection (Upper tract)
- Abdominal or stomach pain
- Lactic acidosis
- Weight loss
- Sometimes heartburn and bloating may occur
Also Read: Dilzem Side Effect | Diprovate Side Effect | Dipsalic Side Effect
Effects of Diamicron on Organs
As Diamicron is used for Fatty liver problem it doesn’t really cause any damage to the liver. But it causes lactic acidosis in patients who are diagnosed with high cirrhosis which can be harmful to both liver and kidney.
Drug Interactions to be Careful About
Avoid taking Acetazolamide, topiramate, gemifloxacin, moxifloxacin, ciprofloxacin as they cause harmful effects on the body when they are allowed to interact with Diamicron. It is always better to consult your doctor before taking any medications while you are taking Diamicron.
Effects/Results after Consuming Diamicron
It may show its effect on controlling glucose within 1 or 2 weeks. But full recovery will happen after 2 or 3 months which is, of course, may differ among individuals according to their weight, lifestyle, diet, etc.
Storage Requirements about Diamicron
Diamicron can be stored in a closed container at room temperature away from heat, moisture, and direct light and also keep it from freezing.
Pro Tips When Taking Diamicron
While taking Diamicron, do not consume alcohol. It may increase the lactic acidosis which in turn can cause defects in the functioning of liver and kidney.
FAQs – Things to Know About Diamicron
Is Diamicron addictive?
No, Diamicron is not addictive.
Can I have Diamicron with alcohol?
No. Having Diamicron with alcohol will cause lactic acidosis.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
As it is used as an antidiabetic agent, one should avoid sugar-sweetened beverages, Honey, Flavoured coffee drinks, Dried fruits, etc.
Can I have Diamicron when pregnant?
Diamicron does not cause any harm to the foetus during pregnancy or it doesn’t cause any birth complications yet. Although you can consult your doctor.
Can I have Diamicron when feeding a baby?
Although a small amount of Diamicron passes through breastmilk, it is not reported that it can cause any adverse effect on the baby. Consult your doctor for better advice.
Can I drive after taking Diamicron?
Taking Diamicron alone doesn’t affect your driving. If you are taking it with other diabetic medications, it may lower the blood glucose level which results in fainting.
What happens if I overdose on Diamicron?
An overdose on Diamicron would cause lactic acidosis with minor symptoms like nausea, vomiting, and diarrhoea. Sometimes it may lead to coma.
What happens if I eat expired Diamicron?
It will not be effective to regulate the blood sugar level which can be a life-threatening situation.
What happens if I miss a dose of Diamicron?
If you miss a dose of Diamicron take it as soon as you remember it. If it is already time for the next dose leave it as taking the missed dose would create a double dosage effect.
When was Diamicron made?
Diamicron was made in the year 1966.