Table of Contents
- 1 What is Dianuron Plus?
- 2 Uses of Dianuron Plus
- 3 How does Dianuron Plus work?
- 4 How to Take Dianuron Plus?
- 5 Common Dosage for Dianuron Plus
- 6 When to Avoid Dianuron Plus?
- 7 Precautions While Taking Dianuron Plus
- 8 Side-Effects of Dianuron Plus
- 9 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 10 Dianuron Plus – Composition, Variant and Price– Buyer’s Guide
- 11 Substitutes of Dianuron Plus
- 12 FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Dianuron Plus
What is Dianuron Plus?
Dianuron Plus is a multi-vitamin and multi-mineral oral supplement used predominantly for the treatment of neuropathies (diseases of nerve). It is available as an over the counter drug but it is always better to use it under medical supervision as advised as it may lead to adverse effects like nausea, vomiting, stomach ache etc.
Dianuron Plus Composition –
- Mecobalmin (Vitamin B12) – 1500mcg
- Folic acid (Vitamin B9) – 1.5mg
- Alpha lipoic acid – 200mg
- Inositol – 100mg
- Chromium picolinate – 200mcg
- Seleno methionine – 55mcg
- Zinc monomethionine – 25mg
Manufactured By – JS Laboratories
Prescription– Available as OTC
Form – Tablet (most commonly consumed form)
Price – Rs. 149
Type of Drug –Multivitamin, Multimineral
Uses of Dianuron Plus
It is used as a nutritional supplement in various cases of vitamin and mineral deficiency or in cases where there is the increased requirement of above-mentioned ingredients. Dianuron Plus can be used in treatment or prevention of following diseases or symptoms:
- Megaloblastic anemia (Some people can’t absorb enough vitamin B-12from their food, leading to megaloblastic anemia)
- Diabetic neuropathy (Vit B12 helps in protecting the integrity of nerve cells and encourages their normal growth)
- Peripheral neuropathy (Vit B12 helps in protecting the integrity of nerve cells and encourages their normal growth)
- Alcoholic neuropathy (Vit B12 helps in protecting the integrity of nerve cells and encourages their normal growth)
- Permanent nerve damage (Vit B12 helps in protecting the integrity of nerve cells and encourages their normal growth)
- Poor diet or poor absorption of food
- Diabetes (to protect against diabetes-induced neuropathy and Chromium is required for normal functioning of insulin hormones which maintains blood sugar)
- High cholesterol (Selenium and alpha lipoic acid are antioxidants)
- Selenium deficiency
How does Dianuron Plus work?
- Vitamin B12, the primary ingredient of Dianuron Plus is necessary for production and maturation of red blood cells. It also helps in protecting the integrity of nerve cells and encourages their normal growth.
- Thus lack of Vitamin B12 can cause anaemia (due to lack of/defective RBC production and maturation) and neuropathy (nerve damage).
- Folic acid is important for regulating body functions and lack of folic acid can lead to anaemia in adults and developmental deformities in infants born to mothers with deficiency of folic acid.
- Alpha lipoic acid is an anti-oxidant which prevents damage to body cells by oxidative stress.
- Zinc is essential for normal growth of tissues and repairs damaged tissues while inositol maintains the chemical balance of the body.
- Chromium is required for normal functioning of insulin hormones which maintains blood sugar.
- Selenium is an important anti-oxidant which protects the body against oxidative stress and ageing.
Also Read: Eldervit Composition
How to Take Dianuron Plus?
- Available in Tablet form, the dose and duration of use of Dianuron Plus should be based on doctor’s instructions.
- Swallow the Tablet as a whole and do not chew or crush it.
- When taken in oral form, it can be taken with or without food. For patients with gastric problems, it is better to take it with food or immediately after food.
Common Dosage for Dianuron Plus
The drug dosage is decided by the physician based upon:
- Health status/medical condition of the patient
- Severity of symptoms
- Reaction to the first dose
- History of allergy/drug reactions
- Dianuron Plus Tablet are nutritional supplements which should be taken at a fixed time every day.
- Adult dose: One Tablet once or twice a day or as instructed by the doctor.
Q. What happens if I overdose on Dianuron Plus?
Dianuron Plus should not be administered in more than prescribed dose. Taking increased dose will not improve your symptoms earlier; rather it may cause serious side-effects. In case of over dosage, consult your doctor immediately.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Dianuron Plus?
The potency of the medicine may decrease because for effective working of the drug, a certain amount of drug must be present in your body at all times. Always consume the missed dose as soon as you remember. But, if it’s already time for the next dose – do not double the dose.
Q. What happens if I eat expired Dianuron Plus?
The medicine may not work as well as the potency of the medicine gets affected. Please inform your physician regarding the same. To be on the safer side, always check and never use an expired drug.
Q. What is the onset time of Dianuron Plus?
You should start to feel recovered within one week to three months following treatment with Dianuron Plus Tablets.
Q. Till When Does the Effect of Dianuron Plus Stay?
Dianuron Plus is a nutritional supplement which is used as an adjunct to the main therapy. The effect of Dianuron Plus cannot be predicted.
Read About: Donepezil Dosage
When to Avoid Dianuron Plus?
Dianuron Plus Tablet should not be used in the following conditions:
- Allergy – if the patient is allergic to any of the components present in Dianuron Plus.
- Liver Disease – Patients with severe liver disease must consult the physician before use.
- Kidney disease – Patients with severe kidney disease or on dialysis must consult the physician before use.
- Cardiac arrhythmias – Patients with problems related to heart rhythm must consult the physician before use.
- Breast feeding – Breast-feeding women must consult the physician before use of Dianuron Plus.
Precautions While Taking Dianuron Plus
It should not be administered in more than the prescribed dose as it may lead to adverse effects.
Read About: Ivoral Tablet Precaution
Side-Effects of Dianuron Plus
Despite its nutritional benefits, it may have some unwanted side effects. More commonly observed side effects may include:
- Nausea (common)
- Vomiting (common)
- Loss of appetite (common)
- Flatulence (common)
- Stomach ache (less common)
- Headache(less common)
- Vertigo(less common)
- Diarrhoea(less common)
- Bitterness of mouth(less common)
- Disturbed sleeping pattern (rare)
- Allergic reactions (rare)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Dianuron Plus?
Tell your doctor if you are allergic to any of its ingredients.
Signs and symptoms include:
- Rash (common)
- Itching (common)
- Shortness of breath (less common)
- Swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat (rare)
- Loss of consciousness (rare)
What are the effects of Dianuron Plus on organs?
No adverse effects observed on any organ while taking Dianuron Plus.
Drug Interactions to be Careful About
Drug interaction refers to the effect of drugs on each other and on the human body after ingestion. Large numbers of medicines have shown to interact with each other. Interactions are not just limited to drugs, but certain food items and some laboratory tests which should not be taken right after consuming Dianuron Plus. We explore these in details below.
1. Food Interactions with Dianuron Plus
No particular food item to be avoided apart from alcohol as it may cause liver damage
2. Medicines Interactions with Dianuron Plus
It is always advised that the patient must inform the physician about all the drugs/over the counter products/vitamin supplements used.It may interact with the following drugs and products:
- Alcohol (mild)
- Carbamazepine (mild)
- Antibiotics(mild to moderate)
3. Effects of Dianuron Plus on Lab Tests
No effect on any lab tests noted while taking Dianuron Plus.
4. Interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Patients suffering from pre-existing liver and kidney diseases must consult their physician before consuming Dianuron Plus.
Q. Can I have Dianuron Plus with alcohol?
Consumption of alcohol is not recommended when on Dianuron Plus as it might increase the risk of side effects and may cause excessive drowsiness & calmness. Concomitant use of Alcohol with Dianuron Plus can also inhibit the absorption of vitamin B12.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
No, Dianuron Plus acts as a nutritional supplement. No alteration in its action seen with any food product.
Q. Can I have Dianuron Plus when pregnant?
Dianuron Plus can be used in pregnant patients under medical supervision if the benefits outweigh the risks involved. Always inform your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
Q. Can I have Dianuron Plus when feeding a baby?
Dianuron Plus should be used with caution while breastfeeding as the effect of its constituents on quantity and quality of milk production is unknown. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor before consuming these Tablets.
Q. Can I drive after taking Dianuron Plus?
Dianuron Plus doesn’t affect one’s ability to drive. However, if someone experiences side effects like headache or dizziness then it may not be advisable to drive a vehicle and operate heavy machinery while on this medication.
Know More: Emcoril Syrup Side Effects
Dianuron Plus – Composition, Variant and Price– Buyer’s Guide
|Dianuron Variants||Dianuron Composition||Dianuron Price|
|DIANURON PLUS 2ML INJ||Methylcobalamin 1000 MCG+Niacinamide 100 MG+Pyridoxine 100 MG /ML||Rs. 80.75|
Buy & Get minimum 30% off: 1mg Promo Code | Practo Promo Code
Substitutes of Dianuron Plus
The following are alternative drugs for Dianuron Plus:
- Vincomo Plus
- Manufactured by – Mas life science
- Price – Rs. 235
- Nervact plus
- Manufactured by – Sifco Pharma
- Price – Rs. 150
- Oxynerve Plus
- Manufactured by – Centercon Pharma
- Price – Rs. 187.5
Storage requirements for Dianuron Plus
- Storage at room temperature away from direct light and heat unless mentioned in the package insert.
- Keep medicines away from children and pets.
Know About: Emeset Tablet Price | Erady Tablet Price
FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Dianuron Plus
Q. What is Dianuron Plus?
Dianuron Plus is a multi-vitamin and multi-mineral oral supplement used predominantly for the treatment of neuropathies (diseases of nerve).
Q. What are the uses of Dianuron Plus?
Dianuron Plus is used as a nutritional supplement in various cases of vitamin and mineral deficiency. Dianuron Plus is used in the prevention of Megaloblastic anemia, Diabetic neuropathy, Peripheral neuropathy, Permanent nerve damage and High cholesterol.
Q. What are the side effects of Dianuron Plus?
Side effects of Dianuron Plus includes Nausea, Vomiting, Loss of appetite, Stomach ache, Headache, Vertigo, Diarrhoea, and Bitterness of mouth.
Q. Should Dianuron Plus be taken on an empty stomach?
Dianuron Plus can be taken empty stomach as well as after food.
Q. Does Dianuron Plus make you drowsy?
No. It does not make you drowsy.
Q. What should be the time gap between the intakes of 2 Dianuron Plus Tablets?
There should be a time gap of atleast 8-12 hours between the intakes of 2 Dianuron Plus Tablets.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
A complete course prescribed by your doctor must be taken for complete cessation of symptoms from your body.
Q. Does Dianuron Plus effect my menstrual cycle?
No, Dianuron Plus does not affect your menstrual cycle.
Q. Is Dianuron Plus safe for children?
Dianuron Plus is safe for consumption in children.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Dianuron Plus?
Dianuron Plus is commonly used for treatment of diabetic neuropathy however along with this; anti-diabetic medicine should also be simultaneously administered as it only helps in relieving the symptoms but doesn’t treat the underlying condition (diabetes).
Q. Is Dianuron Plus legal in India?
Yes, Dianuron Plus is legal in India.
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.