Table of Contents
- 1 What is Diclomol?
- 2 Uses of Diclomol
- 3 How Does Diclomol works?
- 4 Diclomol Price In India
- 5 How to take Diclomol?
- 6 Common Dosage for Diclomol
- 7 Precautions – When to avoid Diclomol?
- 8 Side-Effects Of Diclomol
- 9 Reported Allergic Reactions
- 10 Effect of Diclomol organs
- 11 Drug Interactions to be Careful About-
- 12 Effects/Results after Consuming Diclomol
- 13 Storage Requirements About Diclomol
- 14 Pro Tips When Taking Diclomol:
- 15 FAQs – Things to Know About Diclomol
- 16 Is it addictive?
- 17 Can I have Diclomol with alcohol?
- 18 Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 19 Can I have Diclomol when pregnant?
- 20 Can I have Diclomol when feeding a baby?
- 21 Can I drive after taking Diclomol?
- 22 What happens if I overdose on Diclomol?
- 23 What happens if I eat expired Diclomol?
- 24 What happens if I miss a dose of Diclomol?
Diclomol Composition – Diclofenac 50 MG+Paracetamol 500 MG
Manufactured By – Win Medicare
Prescription – Prescription Required
Form – Injection
Price – Rs 4.5
Quantity – 10 tablets in 1 strip
What is Diclomol?
- Diclomol contains the following drugs as chief ingredients –
- Diclofenac – 50 mg,
- Paracetamol / Acetaminophen – 500 mg and
- Diclomol is an anti-inflammatory drug which reduce pain, fever and signs of inflammation like swelling, redness.
Buy & Get Minimum 30% Discount: 1mg Coupon Code | Practo Coupon Code
Uses of Diclomol
Diclomol tablets relieve pain, reduce swelling and ease inflammation in conditions affecting the joints, muscles and tendons including:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Acute gout
- Ankylosing spondylitis (arthritis affecting spine and large joints)
- Sprains and strains
- Soft tissue sports injuries
- Frozen shoulder, Dislocations
- Tendonitis (inflammation of tendon for example tennis elbow)
- Bursitis (inflammation of sacs filled with lubricating fluid in joints)
- Dental pain
- Muscle pain
- Painful menses
Also Read: Lasilactone Uses
How Does Diclomol works?
- Diclomol contains Diclofenac & Paracetamol as chief ingredients.
- Diclofenac Sodium is a pain killer and Paracetamol is an anti-pyretic that works by obstructing the production of enzyme called as Cyclo-oxygenase which helps in Prostaglandin synthesis.
- Synthesis of Prostaglandins in the body is associated with symptoms like pain, fever, swelling etc.
- Therefore by inhibiting the synthesis of prostaglandins, Diclomol helps in relieving all associated symptoms (pain, swelling etc).
Diclomol Price In India
|Strip of 10 Tablets||Rs. 64.50|
Also Read: Aspirin Price
How to take Diclomol?
- These tablets are usually taken two or three times a day or as directed by your doctor.
- These tablets should be swallowed as a whole and not broken, crushed or chewed.
- They should be taken after food and with plenty of fluids.
Common Dosage for Diclomol
- The drug dosage is decided by the physician based upon:
- Health status/medical condition of the patient
- Severity of symptoms
- Reaction to the first dose
- History of allergy/drug reactions
- The standard recommended dosage is twice a day.
- Consult your doctor before administering in children below 12 years of age.
- Never use more than the recommended dose or for longer periods of time without doctor’s consent.
- In case of non improvement of symptoms or symptoms getting worse, seek medical attention immediately.
Also Read: Indomethacin Dosage
Precautions – When to avoid Diclomol?
- Allergy – Diclomol is not recommended if you have a known allergy of medicines belonging to NSAIDs. Severe allergic conditions like Asthma and itching can be triggered in such cases.
- Peptic Ulcer – in patients suffering from peptic ulcer, Diclofenac can cause severe swelling and bleeding in the stomach, colon and anus.
- Diclomol is not recommended for relieving pain after Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery.
- Patients suffering from asthma
- Patients suffering from severe liver disease
- Patients suffering from severe kidney disease
Also Read: Haloperidol Precaution
Side-Effects Of Diclomol
All medicines have some side effects. Side effects are possible but do not always occur.
Consult your doctor if you feel that you have any of them-
- Loss of appetite
- Abdominal pain
- Heart burn
- Dry mouth
- Skin rash
- Dry skin
Also Read: Ivermectin Side Effects
Reported Allergic Reactions
Possible allergic reactions reported are-
- Rashes on skin
- Discoloration of the skin on the face or neck
- Irregular heartbeat
- Swelling of face, neck
- Loss of consciousness
Effect of Diclomol organs
- It can cause fatal liver disease. Patients with pre-existing liver diseases should use this drug with caution and under the supervision of their doctor.
- In stomach, it can cause ulcers which lead to serious bleeding from stomach or intestine.
Drug Interactions to be Careful About-
All the possible drug interactions might not be listed here. Few common drugs which interact with Diclofenac include-
- ACE Inhibitors
- Aldosterone antagonists
- Beta blockers
- Calcineurin inhibitors
- Loop diuretics
- Prostaglandin Analogues
- Thiazide diuretics
Effects/Results after Consuming Diclomol
- It depends on the dosage and age of the patient and the severity of the problem.
- It shows its full effect in 30 minutes. Slowly leads to relief in pain.
Storage Requirements About Diclomol
- Store at room temperature away from light and moisture.
- Do not freeze.
Pro Tips When Taking Diclomol:
- Diclofenac present in Diclomol can increase the chance of heart attack in patients already suffering from heart disease when taken for longer durations.
- Diclomol should be cautiously used in patients with pre-existing peptic ulcer as it can cause bleeding in the stomach or intestine
- NSAIDs should only be prescribed at the lowest dose possible and for the shortest time.
FAQs – Things to Know About Diclomol
Is it addictive?
Can I have Diclomol with alcohol?
- Daily use of alcohol while using this medicine may increase your risk for stomach bleeding.
- Limit alcohol consumption and stop smoking.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Can I have Diclomol when pregnant?
- During pregnancy avoid taking Diclomol unless entirely necessary.
- It is not recommended for use during the first and third trimesters of pregnancy as it can harm the foetus or interference with normal delivery.
Can I have Diclomol when feeding a baby?
- It is not known whether Diclomol is secreted in breast milk.
- Use with caution or only when advised in lactating mothers.
Can I drive after taking Diclomol?
- Diclomol Tablet may cause side effects like dizziness, headache, drowsiness and light-headedness in few patients.
- In such patients, driving should be avoided.
What happens if I overdose on Diclomol?
Taking more than prescribed dosage can be harmful and can increase the incidence of side effects
- Symptoms of overdosage include:
- Stomach discomfort
In the case of over-dosage, consult your doctor immediately.
What happens if I eat expired Diclomol?
- Avoid taking expired medicine. If you have taken accidentally and you are feeling any discomfort rush to the doctor immediately for medical assistance.
- An expired drug might not be as potent in treating your condition. It is advisable to refrain from using an expired drug.
What happens if I miss a dose of Diclomol?
- The medicine may not work well if you miss a dose because for effective working of the drug, a certain amount of drug must be present in your body at all times.
- Always consume the missed dose as soon as you remember it. But, if it is already time to take the second dose after that – do not take a double dose.