Table of Contents
- 1 What is Digene?
- 2 Uses of Digene
- 3 How does Digene work?
- 4 How to take Digene?
- 5 Digene Common Dosage
- 6 When to Avoid Digene?
- 7 Precautions While Taking Digene:
- 8 Side-Effects of Digene:
- 9 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 9.1 1. Food Interactions with Digene
- 9.2 2. Medicines Interactions with Digene
- 9.3 3. Effects of Digene on Lab Tests
- 9.4 4. Digene’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- 9.5 Q. Can I have Digene with alcohol?
- 9.6 Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 9.7 Q. Can I have Digene when pregnant?
- 9.8 Q. Can I have Digene when feeding a baby?
- 9.9 Q. Can I drive after taking Digene?
- 10 Buyer’s Guide – Digene Composition, Variant and Price
- 11 Substitutes of Digene
- 12 FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Digene
- 12.1 Q. What is Digene?
- 12.2 Q. What are the uses of Digene?
- 12.3 Q. What are the side effects of Digene?
- 12.4 Q. How long does it take for Digene to show results?
- 12.5 Q. Should Digene be taken on an empty stomach?
- 12.6 Q. Does Digene make you drowsy?
- 12.7 Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Digene Tablets?
- 12.8 Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- 12.9 Q. Does Digene effect my menstrual cycle?
- 12.10 Q. Is Digene safe for children?
- 12.11 Q. Are there any symptoms/diseases that I should consider before taking Digene?
- 12.12 Q. Is Digene legal in India?
- 13 Authored By –
1What is Digene?
It is predominantly used as a gastric acid neutralizer and helps in managing indigestion, bloating and provides relief in irritable bowel movements. Stomach cramps and constipation are the common side effects of this drug. Digene syrup should never be used in cases of gastrointestinal bleeding, appendicitis and intestinal blockage.
Digene Composition: Aluminium hydroxide 830mg + Magnesium hydroxide 185mg +
Simethicone 50mg + Sodium carboxymethyl cellulose 100mg.
Manufactured By: Abbott.
Prescription: Not required, available as over the counter drug (OTC)
Form: Syrup, Sachets, Gels and Tablets
Price: Rs. 108.85 for 200 ml Syrup.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Digestive+ laxative + Antacids + Antireflux agents