Table of Contents
- 1 What is Dilzem?
- 2 Uses of Dilzem
- 3 How Does Dilzem Work?
- 4 How to Take Dilzem?
- 5 Dilzem Price In India
- 6 Common Dosage for Dilzem
- 7 Precautions – When to Avoid Dilzem?
- 8 Side-Effects of Dilzem
- 9 Allergic Reactions Reported
- 10 Effects of Dilzem on Organs
- 11 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 12 Effects/Results after Consuming Dilzem
- 13 Storage Requirements about Dilzem
- 14 Pro Tips When Taking Dilzem
- 15 FAQs – Things to Know About Dilzem
- 16 Is Dilzem addictive?
- 17 Can I have Dilzem with alcohol?
- 18 Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 19 Can I have Dilzem when pregnant?
- 20 Can I have Dilzem when feeding a baby?
- 21 Can I drive after taking Dilzem?
- 22 What happens if I overdose on Dilzem?
- 23 What happens if I eat expired Dilzem?
- 24 What happens if I miss a dose of Dilzem?
- 25 When was Dilzem made?
What is Dilzem?
Dilzem, which is also known as Diltiazem is a non-dihydropyridine which blocks the calcium channel. The brand names are Cartia, Tiazac, and Taztia. Dilzem is also an antianginal and antiarrhythmic drug. It is used as a common medication for the treatment of hypertension and angina pectoris.
Buy & Get Minimum 30% Discount: Netmeds Offers | Pharmeasy Offers
Uses of Dilzem
- Dilzem is used to treat some types of arrhythmia.
- It is used to relax smooth muscles and lower the blood pressure.
- Dilzem is used as preventative medicine for a migraine.
- It also lowers the heart rate.
Other medicine's Uses: Diprovate Uses | Dipsalic Uses
How Does Dilzem Work?
As Dilzem is a calcium channel blocker, it relaxes the smooth muscles so that the heart doesn’t need to pump hard to pass the blood. It is also used in the supply of blood and oxygen to the heart.
How to Take Dilzem?
- Swallow the tablet wholly.
- Do not crush, chew or break the extended-release capsule.
- Take Dilzem with a glass full of water.
Dilzem Price In India
|30mg Strip of 10 Tablets||Rs 23.41|
|30mg Strip of 15 Tablets||Rs 37.79|
|60mg Srtip of 15 Tablets||Rs 76.93|
|60mg Srtip of 10 Tablets||Rs 55.34|
|Vial of 5 Injection||Rs 16.5|
|90mg Strip of 15 Tablet SR||Rs 147.09|
|Tube of 30gm Gel||Rs 25.3|
|Dilzem CD:90mg Strip of 10 Capsules ER||Rs 100.9|
|Dilzem CD:120mg Strip of 10 Capsules ER||Rs 171.4|
Common Dosage for Dilzem
- The dosage is different for different conditions. So, it is safe to consult the doctor before taking the dosage.
- For hypertension, the initial doses are from 120 to 240mg per day and the maximum dose is 540mg/per day.
- For atrial fibrillation, 0.25 mg/kg IV as a first bolus.
Precautions – When to Avoid Dilzem?
- Don’t delay or miss a scheduled meal or snack
- Don’t take Dilzem along with other certain medications.
- Avoid consuming alcohol for initial days while taking this drug.
Side-Effects of Dilzem
Some common side effects of Dilzem are:
- Light headedness
- Stomach upset
- A sore throat
- Flushing tiredness
- a headache
- Stuffy nose
Also Read: Dolokind Side Effect | Ebast Side Effect
Allergic Reactions Reported
No allergic reactions have been reported with Dilzem.
Effects of Dilzem on Organs
Dilzem increases the number of liver enzymes which can cause liver injury.
Drug Interactions to be Careful About
Drugs which cause serious effects while interacting with Dilzem is Simvastatin. Drugs which can be taken under certain circumstances and show moderate effects are:
- Neurontin, etc.
Effects/Results after Consuming Dilzem
Dilzem will show its effect within 1 to 2 weeks but you should follow this medication according to the doctor’s advice for full recovery.
Storage Requirements about Dilzem
Dilzem can be stored in a closed container at room temperature away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
Pro Tips When Taking Dilzem
- Dilzem should be taken in the prescribed dosage and must only be increased in dosage when the physician prescribes it.
- Do not abruptly stop taking this drug as it may cause negative effects on the body.
- Avoid alcohol and certain recommended foods while taking Dilzem.
FAQs – Things to Know About Dilzem
Is Dilzem addictive?
No. But Dilzem can cause adverse effects when it is abruptly stopped.
Can I have Dilzem with alcohol?
No. Having Dilzem with alcohol will cause an increase in the blood pressure, dizziness, and tiredness.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Avoid food items such as grapefruit and a high fibre diet.
Can I have Dilzem when pregnant?
Dilzem is recommended during pregnancy as it causes no side effects in the baby. Although you can take advise from your doctor.
Can I have Dilzem when feeding a baby?
Taking Dilzem while breastfeeding can cause serious side effects in infants according to the amount of the drug absorbed and passed through the breast milk.
Can I drive after taking Dilzem?
You should avoid driving if you have impaired thinking and reactions.
What happens if I overdose on Dilzem?
An overdose on Dilzem would cause an asystolic arrest and even coma.
What happens if I eat expired Dilzem?
It will not be effective but take advice from your doctor immediately.
What happens if I miss a dose of Dilzem?
If you miss a dose of Dilzem, take it as soon as you remember it within the next 12 hours. If you don’t, then just go back to your regular dosage.
When was Dilzem made?
Dilzem was made in the year 1986.
Other medicine's Uses: Deviry | Diamicron | Diclogesic